• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I am having text field, in that i want to dispaly the Fiscal Year and quarter of our company which we assigned in sales force.

Right Now I want to get the current Date Fiscal Year and Quarter from the company profile object, also i want to get the Fiscal year for the specified date by the user (eg:- if the user enter's one date in the text field then i want to display the fiscal year and quarter of the date entered by the user).the fiscal year should taken from the company profile,

but i do know how to get the FY and Quarter from the company profile, please help me in this issue.

Thank you all in advance,

regards,

prakash

To integrate our application with Salesforce we have to do 2-Way Mutual Auth with Salesforce.

To make 2-Way mutual Auth work, Salesforce needs to import root-ca and intermediate-ca in their trust store. Is it possible for salesforce to do that?

Our organisation will not accept any other alternative when it comes to security but only 2-way mutual Auth.

• June 15, 2010

I am trying to upload some data from one environment to other by dataloader or through CSV files. I have deleted the ownerId records but kept the column name in the CSV file. it is giving this error and failing to upload any data from the CSV.

Please tell me how to get rid of this problem

• June 15, 2010

Hi, 

I have been asked to add the SF app menu on our Visualforce pages which don't have the standard SF header. Has any body done this? The aim is to allow the user to swap from app to app from within our application.

Thanks in advance, 

• June 14, 2010

Howdy!  I'm new to Force.com!

My question is...is there any way outside of running writing unit test code, can I exercise the force.come code coverage tool?  For instance, I would like to exercise the code also thru the app Selenium or other methods.  I suspect there isn't, but I want a confirmation from someone who knows force.com/VisualForce/etc. well.  I did searches on the threads here and on Google and it seems all users are using the code coverage thru writting Unit Tests, which is why I think there is no code coverage tool that is tied in to the APEX environment.  Are there other tools that does code coverage of Apex code outside of the internal code you run thru your unit tests.

Also, anyone that has done backend testing using Apex, please share your approach on how you set up to do backend testing?

Thanks much, :womanhappy:

Joanna

I am new to the Call Center module and would appreciate help with this. I am trying to load a purchased list of potential/current end customers to Salesforce.com. Two options that I have are, to load them as Leads or as Person Accounts. We will be using this data for both sales and customer support (CTI).

In the past we sold our products to a broker, who in turn would have sold it to the end customer. At that time we did not have the end customers information. If this end customer calls for product support, our customer support team would like to view their information using the Call Center features and utilize the data from the purchased list. The purchased list is a universal list, some might be using our products while others might not be.

At the same time, going forward we could be attempting to sell other products directly to the people on the purchased list. If I load the purchased list as Leads, can the Salesforce.com Call Center read that information as a support call comes in? Or, can the Call Center module only read records that are Accounts/Contacts?

Hi!

I wonder if there is someone that can help me with a problem. I want to create a custom object portfolio. which should be on the  contact tab. That task is ok. Now I want to fill this object with items from the opportunities object. The data from the opportunities object is the products which are selected. This should happen when the user add product in the opportunity, then it should automatically add to the portfolio object. I know I should use triggers here, but I am not excactly sure how to start. I want to add a line for each product for each opportunity for a given contact. Such that all products for the contact is in one place. It should be like the productlisting in opportunities but now all productlistings for all opportunities.

Is there someone which can help me? At least get me started? I am e newbie here so I need to get som help to get the grip on this.

Hi,

I am new to salesforce platform. I am having enough experience in java development.

My requirement is like:

I need to change the lead tab content by adding some fields and button etc. and also want to add a button in lead list page and on action of that button i have to write some logic

Please help its urgent.

thanks

vipin

Hello -

I'm attempting to use apex to send an outbound email via apex.  I created a custom object, and one of the fields is an email address.  Is it possible to use the recordId of the custom object as the whatTo object for the setTargetObjectID so that the email field of my custom object is used (and by nature the remaining merge fields of my custom object)?

Thanks,

Daniel

We have data loader setup but can't seem to figure out how to do a mass convert of all leads and turn them into accounts. 

We want to make sure that when we convert them that all activities pull over as well. 

Can someone point me to (or give me) step-by-step instructions on how to accomplish this? 

Thanks

We haven't been getting new licenses created in our LMO org since 6/21. We can't seem to find anything that has changed on our end. Has anything been done to cause the LMA to break this week?

We're on v2.0.3 of the LMA package.

• June 23, 2010

We have a role for lead entry with several users.  The role is very limited, but when they enter a task on a lead, their user name is a link under the "assigned to" column and when clicked on they are able to edit user fields and we don't want them to.  Is there a way to lock down a user to the point of not being able to change user settings?

I have created a Site home page that allows visitors to create Tickets. Ticket has a lookup relationship with Location object. So I have put an inputField which renders as a lookup. For Location, I have enabled enhanced lookup and set lookup filters fields state, city and zip. When trying to create ticket from within my DE I can see the lookup filters after performing a search. However, from site public page, I can only see the search results and sort links, the filter fields and Apply Filters button dont show up.

Can the lookup filter fields be made available when doing lookup from site public page?

hi friends,

I am trying to create a webpage for the guest users  where they can edit their details whenever they want without entering into salesforce. So i created a custom login page for the users where user enters user id and email which are stored on Lead object prior. So it checks for the userid and email if they are true the user should be navigated to the second page where i have listed some lead fields as inputfields. 

so my target is when the user logins in  in the second page the Lead fields should be prepopulated based on the userid and email that havebeen mentioned by user in the first page.

Cab anybody help me in building the logic for prepopulating those fields.

I have a custom picklist field called Suppliers and I'm trying to create a validation that would allow me to restrict the Stage field values when a specific Supplier pick list value is selected. I have not had any luck to date. Does anyone have an example of a validation that may work?

Hi,

I wanted some help in deciding what would be a best optimal solution for a use case i am trying to accomplish.

Here it goes:

I have a Custom object, which has two Custom fields namely Category , which is of type Picklist(Multi-select) and a User Lookup field named PMM Owner.

Based on the category value, i have to assign different users to the PMM Owner value. An immediate solution that striked my mind was having "Assignment Rules". But, we do not have Assignment Rules for Custom Objects.

The Other idea was to have a workflow rule setup. But, this would require lot of workflows to be setup and this approach sounds redundant.

Example:

Under Category, assume we have following options:

Group1

Group2

Group3

:

:

Group10

Assume that i have 10 users for for above groups.

This requires to have 10 workflows to be created. i wanted to know if there is any other way we could accomplish this task?

Any idea/help on this is highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Sales4ce

I am a VERY new user and i need a formula that when the opportunity is saved, it will calculate the total price of items with a specific word in the product code or description. Can anyone help with that?
  • June 22, 2010

Hi all,

I am new to visualforce development platfrom. I am stuck to doing one of my task. Plz help me

1. How can I show the list of the file one of my custom page
  2. I want to select one file and read the file & hold the body content in a local variable

Plz  anyone help me..............

• June 22, 2010

I have a managed/released package that contains a number of Visualforce email templates. I have made some changes to the packaged email templates and want to push these changes out to users of my managed package. I'm noticing that my changes are not being deployed. I even tried deleting one of the email templates from one of the destination orgs and then installing the new version of the package to see if it would "re-install" the updated version of the email template. What I found is that it doesn't install the new copy of the template, and now I seem to have no way of restoring this template to the destination org.

Is this a bug? Why aren't managed/released Visualforce email templates upgradable?

• June 22, 2010

Hi All,

Firstly thank you for all the support from the forums. It has been such a great help for developers.

My query for the day:

I wanted to auto populate few fields in the Excel sheet (spread sheet) from the details in the detailed page of a lead on click of a custom button.

I have tried the following approach :

<apex:page standardController="Account" contenttype="application/vnd.ms-excel#contacts.xls" cache="true">
<apex:form >
<apex:detail subject="{!$CurrentPage.parameters.cid}" relatedList="false"/>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Using the above approach i am able to create an excel that can accommodate only fixed format depending on the Detailed page design.

I would like to populate the fields in a pre-existing format of excel that is present on my desktop. Could any one direct me how could i feed or autopopulate the correct data in an existing proforma on a button click.

Do we use any webservices or a class, Please walk me through this.

Urgent help is needed.

TIA.

- Sushupsi.

Hi.

I need to create a English and a Japanese Site.

Also added English translation for Custom Field.

The above translation setting works fine with the native Saleforce UI.

For example:

If I change the language setting to English ,English iLabels are displayed,.

If I change the language settigng to Japanese Japanese Labels are displayed.

How to implment this in the Sites.I mean how to set the language settings for Sites.

cheers

suresh

HOW CAN I CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE INTERFACE LAYOUT ????

Is there a way to make the Search filters stay permanently (as in a search bar) on top of the Object displayed in a Tab view.

Essentially your filters are visible only when you start searching, but I want the filters that are set to always show so that when you go to aparticular tab you always have the option of searching for the data by specifying criteria in the search filters. (I am not refering to the View option).

I received the error message below and I think I fixed it but I have no way to test it (I only have a developer sandbox and I can't add 100,000 records to it).

System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100000 rows). Consider an indexed filter or contact salesforce.com about custom indexing.
Even if a field is indexed a filter might still not be selective when:
1. The filter value includes null (for instance binding with a list that contains null)
2. Data skew exists whereby the number of matching rows is very large (for instance, filtering for a particular foreign key value that occurs many times)

Originally, my query was:

SELECT Id, OwnerId FROM Lead WHERE IsConverted = FALSE AND            Lead_Temperature__c = NULL AND OwnerId IN :idScheduledStaff];

I adjusted it to remove the NULL value reference by listing all the possible picklist values:

SELECT Id, OwnerId FROM Lead WHERE IsConverted = FALSE AND
Lead_Temperature__c NOT IN ('Cold', 'Warm', 'Hot', 'Dead') AND OwnerId IN :idScheduledStaff];

I had already deleted enough records in production to get below 100,000 so that our Lead Generation would resume while I puzzled this out. I deployed the changed code to production and now I'm waiting to see what happens when we go above 100,000 again.

Can anyone confirm whether inverting the NULL condition is sufficient to avoid the exception?

Is there a way to add customized 'help' documents or text in the 'help and training' link on both standard and visualforce pages?