• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have a managed package that relies on an unmanaged package. When I install this unmanaged package in my dev environment, all its components become prefixed by the name of my managed package. Eventually, they get all (or worse only the components referenced) uploaded with my classes.

This is quite inconvenient and annoying: I do not own the unmanaged package.

Is there a way to tell SFDC not to give my managed package ownership on the unmanaged package? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Philippe

• September 20, 2010

Hi,

I would have liked to know whether I need to install some Cisco component on the client machine in order to use the Cisco Salesforce.com connector provided with the CTI toolkit. So far, I tried to use it but failed and it seems the connection to the CTI OS session resolver.

(I'm using the CTI Toolkit v3.0 on XP).

Thanks,

Philippe

• September 14, 2010

Hi,

I included the standard "create new lead" page in an iframe of my custom Visualpage (via apex:iframe). Unfortunately, in this context, typing in the lead input triggers lots of Javascript errors like the following:

Error: 'parentWindow.handleKeyDown' is null or not an object

I found out that it was because the Salesforce Javascript (in desktopCommon,js) can't initialize the "parentWindow" variable. As the domain of my custom page ("c.na7.visual.force.com") and the domain of the standard lead creation page ("na7.salesforce.com") are different, an "access denied" error prevents the inialization of 'parentWindow'.

Is there a general way to prevent/work-around this category of errors?

Is this behavior limited to the development environment or is it the same in production?

Thanks for the help.

Philippe

• June 13, 2010

Hi,

I have a managed package that relies on an unmanaged package. When I install this unmanaged package in my dev environment, all its components become prefixed by the name of my managed package. Eventually, they get all (or worse only the components referenced) uploaded with my classes.

This is quite inconvenient and annoying: I do not own the unmanaged package.

Is there a way to tell SFDC not to give my managed package ownership on the unmanaged package? Or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for the help.

Philippe

• September 20, 2010

Hi,

I included the standard "create new lead" page in an iframe of my custom Visualpage (via apex:iframe). Unfortunately, in this context, typing in the lead input triggers lots of Javascript errors like the following:

Error: 'parentWindow.handleKeyDown' is null or not an object

I found out that it was because the Salesforce Javascript (in desktopCommon,js) can't initialize the "parentWindow" variable. As the domain of my custom page ("c.na7.visual.force.com") and the domain of the standard lead creation page ("na7.salesforce.com") are different, an "access denied" error prevents the inialization of 'parentWindow'.

Is there a general way to prevent/work-around this category of errors?

Is this behavior limited to the development environment or is it the same in production?

Thanks for the help.

Philippe

• June 13, 2010