• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I'm having problems getting Javascript to work a website page.  It's utilising the RokMooMenu.  It's a drop down menu.  When a user hovers over the top menu the rest drops down but does not disappear when the mouse is moved off the top menu.  Does anyone know what the issue could be?

This is the page that is having the issue is here..

http://polarisproject.bfcdeploy.cs2.force.com/positions/publicjobs_copy

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

We are moving a couple of our webpages over to Salesforce and are having a problem with menus we have at the top of the screen.  When you move the move over one, the menu will drop down and display more menu options and when you move the mouse away the menu options disappear.  This works fine on our website now in Firefox, however, testing the pages in Visualforce the same menus appear when the mouse is moved over them but do not disappear when the mouse moves off the top menu option.  The same code is being used in both.

Does anyone know of some sort of bug or do you think this is a coding issue I need to work out?

Thanks!

Hi,

On a page I've have a field of type Date, when I enter the box to enter a date, a pop up appears from which I select a date.  My problem is the year doesn't go back past 2009 and the only way to get to 2006 is to go back through all the months many times.  If I type in a date, e.g., 03/03/07, the pop up from which you select a date won't disappear.

Does anyone know how I can make this pop up disappear or have the years I can select from it at least start at 2006?

Thanks!

Hi All,

I'm wondering if this code should work or am I doing something wrong.  So I only want to display a section header if there is text in the section.

<apex:outputPanel id="output1" rendered="{ISNULL(!Position.Values__c)}"> 

<apex:outputLabel value="Values Statement"></apex:outputLabel></h4></apex:outputPanel> <br/><br/> <apex:outputText value="{!Position.Values__c}" id="thevaluessection"/><br/>

I have an object, Position, and it has several different field.  This object is used to display info on a webpage so when the salesforce user doesn't fill in the 'Values' field, I don't want that section to appear on the webpage.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I still trying to figure out Salesforce and would like your advice and guidance on something.

I have a page and on it will display information about a job, e.g., description, qualifications required etc.  

My problem is when I don't fill out some of the information in salesforce the headers, i.e., 'Preferred Qualifications' will display and have no more info underneath them.  I would like to set it up so when there is no info filled in on some of these sections then they don't display the header of the section on the webpage.

Can I do this using some 'If' code somewhere, for example, if preferred qualification is empty then don't display?

I hope this makes sense :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi All,

I'm trying to set the default value of a custom field.  It is currently set up as a Long Text Area.  I just want to display some text.  I added the text to the default value formula box, surrounded by quotes.  However, the text isn't displaying on my page.  I had also tried to change this field type to Text Area(Rich) so I could add a link as well as the text but when I try that I get the error...

"Cannot change field type to rich text area where field is referenced in a Visualforce page or component using API version 17.0 or earlier."

Does any know why this is happening or advice on how to get my default value to display or change the field type so I can add a link?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I've been trying to create some email templates and have come across a problem.  If I create them using the 'HTML(with letterhead)', the email is very narrow when its sent.  I was wondering if there is a way to change the width of the email?

I also created some using the 'Custom(without letterhead)' option.  When these email templates were used they utilised the entire width of the email unfortunately, I can't use this option as I need to allow users who have no knowledge of HTML to be able to edit the content of the email templates.

Can anyone offer any solutions?

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a new workflow.  what I'd like to do is when a 'date applied' field is greater than 14 days old, ie. if a person applied on 1 Jan and it is now the 15 Jan, I'd like to send an email.

I'm new to Visualforce and am trying to learn how to put this into the 'value' section of the 'rules criteria' part of the workflow.  I don't know how to do this..could anyone lend any advice??

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I've been trying to figure out how to create a trigger.  I've been trying to follow the help instructions but the options aren't there.   For example, when I go to Setup | Develop | ApexTriggers, there is no option for me to create a new trigger.  Or if I go to an Object that has already been created there is no option to create a new trigger.  It says 'no triggers defined' and that's it.

Can anyone suggest what I should be doing??

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm completely new to Visualforce and am being asked to perform some tasks and I was just wondering if they are possible.  Depending on what a user submits on a form I want emails sent to certain people, e.g. if a person submits A, I want to send emails to A people.  Would a workflow do this?  Can I write some code that would include an IF statement.  So IF user submitted A, email details to person that deals with A inquiries.

Any help is appreciated.  Or if you could point me in the direction of a tutorial.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm new to Salesforce and have been looking over some apex code.  If someone could explain what this means I'd be very grateful..

<c:listjobs rendered="{!bWashdc}" jlocation="Washington, D.C.">

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I'm wondering if this code should work or am I doing something wrong.  So I only want to display a section header if there is text in the section.

<apex:outputPanel id="output1" rendered="{ISNULL(!Position.Values__c)}"> 

<apex:outputLabel value="Values Statement"></apex:outputLabel></h4></apex:outputPanel> <br/><br/> <apex:outputText value="{!Position.Values__c}" id="thevaluessection"/><br/>

I have an object, Position, and it has several different field.  This object is used to display info on a webpage so when the salesforce user doesn't fill in the 'Values' field, I don't want that section to appear on the webpage.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a new workflow.  what I'd like to do is when a 'date applied' field is greater than 14 days old, ie. if a person applied on 1 Jan and it is now the 15 Jan, I'd like to send an email.

I'm new to Visualforce and am trying to learn how to put this into the 'value' section of the 'rules criteria' part of the workflow.  I don't know how to do this..could anyone lend any advice??

Thanks in advance

Hi All,

I've been trying to figure out how to create a trigger.  I've been trying to follow the help instructions but the options aren't there.   For example, when I go to Setup | Develop | ApexTriggers, there is no option for me to create a new trigger.  Or if I go to an Object that has already been created there is no option to create a new trigger.  It says 'no triggers defined' and that's it.

Can anyone suggest what I should be doing??

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

I'm completely new to Visualforce and am being asked to perform some tasks and I was just wondering if they are possible.  Depending on what a user submits on a form I want emails sent to certain people, e.g. if a person submits A, I want to send emails to A people.  Would a workflow do this?  Can I write some code that would include an IF statement.  So IF user submitted A, email details to person that deals with A inquiries.

Any help is appreciated.  Or if you could point me in the direction of a tutorial.

Thanks in advance.