• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We'd like to populate the date field on a web to lead form with a bit of background javascript. I am aware the date format should be based on the org's Default Locale, and as such the format might be different for the US or UK.

The issue is that we'd like to populate the date field regardless of the local. The reason for this is that we'd like the javascript to work on other people's web-to-lead sites, regardless of their local.

Is there any ISO format for the date that will work with a Web to Lead, like YYYY-MM-DD, or YYYY/MM/DD? I have tried both of these and they don't seem to work.

For reference, here is Salesforce's instructions (http://na11.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/setting_up_web-to-lead.htm) where they say:

The format for date and currency fields captured online is taken from your organization’s default settings - Default Locale and Currency Locale.

Thanks!

• February 13, 2013

We'd like to populate the date field on a web to lead form with a bit of background javascript. I am aware the date format should be based on the org's Default Locale, and as such the format might be different for the US or UK.

The issue is that we'd like to populate the date field regardless of the local. The reason for this is that we'd like the javascript to work on other people's web-to-lead sites, regardless of their local.

Is there any ISO format for the date that will work with a Web to Lead, like YYYY-MM-DD, or YYYY/MM/DD? I have tried both of these and they don't seem to work.

For reference, here is Salesforce's instructions (http://na11.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/setting_up_web-to-lead.htm) where they say:

The format for date and currency fields captured online is taken from your organization’s default settings - Default Locale and Currency Locale.

Thanks!

• February 13, 2013
Hey, I'm sure this is due to a stupid mistake, but I can only get the tool to produce an error message stating "Query does not contain ID Field .  ID Field is needed to update record(s)...

No matter how I structure the query using the query builder, I can only produce this error.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

Never mind - just figured it out.  In case anyone else is having this problem. you MUST include ID in your select statement if trying to select from the Opportunity table. 

Message Edited by bpchristensen on 06-19-2008 02:39 PM