• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi Guys,

what is the way to transfer the records by using salesforce to salesforce, i established the connection between two business users and iam able to add the objects and fields using the template but iam not sure how to transfer the records........Any kind of help is appreciated.

Hello,

So I found this great app in the app store called RFPForce (http://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000004g7LnEAI). Installed properly in Sandbox (I think) using the instructions provided. Did the data upload and all (per instructions) However, when I try to use it, there are no results. This app is exactly what I need for my organization and would appreciate any feedback on getting results. Thanks! 

Also - this is an unmanaged app so no support is provided by the creator :smileysad:

-AD

• November 02, 2011

Hi - I have a custom object called campaigns (separate from the standard object) where I want to roll up the revenue of all opportunities associated with the campaign. I've looked around for sample triggers but have not found anything close to it. Help is appreciated. Thanks!

• July 19, 2011

I'm trying to insert new records via the data loader to a custom object but nothing is uploaded.  I am connected and can extract data from the custom object but everytime I try to insert, update or upsert I get a operations finished dialog but nothing happens. The dialog says "The operation has fully completed. There were 0 successful inserts and 0 errors". Help is appreciated. 

• March 21, 2011

I keep receivign the following error when trying to install APex Data loader on my PC: Error Reading setup initialization file. I got the same error installing the MS office add on. Luckily there was an MSI version installer which worked. Has anyone received this error and found a work around?

I'm running windows 7. 

Thanks

• March 15, 2011

Hello,

Can someone share their code on how to keep the open opportunity owner after the account owner is changed? 

• February 28, 2011
Every time I change the account owner on an account, all of the owners on open opportunity change as well. How can I prevent this from happening? Help is appreciated!

• February 01, 2011

One of my users some how activated Salesforce Mobile (paying version). Is there a way an admin can switch him to Mobile Lite from the configuration? Also - is there a way to restrict users to mobile lite only? 

Thanks,

Adrian

• January 28, 2011

Is it possible to have an email service apex that will update an existing record in a custom object? I'm not a coder but would really appreciate it if someone can guide me to a similar code I can use to develop this functionality. Thanks!

• January 11, 2011

Hello,

I began writing an apex that auto populates fields in my case based on a lookup field before saving (hope that made sense :) ).

My lookup field relates the case to an account by account number. I have some field such as main contact, phone, address, etc. that I would like to auto populate once the lookup field is populated before submitting/saving.

Is this possible with a Before Update? Can someone help me out with the first few lines? Thanks!

• September 08, 2010

Hello,

I have a trigger that creates is supposed to create a new record based on a status field of a different custom object. When i run the trigger, it creates 2 new records in the second custom object. Help solving why it is creating two instead of one is appreciated.

My code below:

Trigger:

trigger CreateTicket on Maintenance_Request__c(after update)

{

if(Trigger.isUpdate){
        for(Maintenance_Request__c m: Trigger.new)

{

if(m.Status__c == 'Pending Support')

{

Support_Team_Request__c st = new Support_Team_Request__c();

st.Your_name__c = m.Your_Name__c;
                  st.Client_reported_issue__c = 'No';
                   st.Short_description__c = m.Short_Description__c;
                   st.Client_Name__c = m.Client_Name__c;
                   st.Description_of_Issue__c = m.Detailed_Description__c;
                    st.Mailbox__c = m.Mailbox__c;
                    st.Priority__c = 'medium';
                    st.Created_From_MTR__c = 'Yes';
                    st.Request_Type__c = 'production' ;  
                    st.Participant_Name__c = m.Participant_Name__c;
                    st.Participant_ID__c = m.Participant_ID__c;
                    st.CC_Contact__c = m.CC_Contact__c;

insert st;

}

}
    }  

}

Test Class:

@isTest
private class CreateTicketTriggerTest {

static testMethod void myUnitTest() {

Maintenance_Request__c mr = new Maintenance_Request__c();

mr.Your_Name__c = 'Test User';
    mr.Short_Description__c = 'Test request';
    mr.Client_Name__c = '0015000000GibFx';
    mr.Detailed_Description__c = 'Test maintenance request';
    mr.Mailbox__c = 'test@example.org';
    mr.Participant_Name__c = 'Test Participant';
    mr.Participant_ID__c = '123';
      mr.Request_Type__c = 'Account Merge';

insert mr;

mr.Status__C = 'Pending Support';
    update mr;
    }
}

• August 17, 2010

Okay I've written my code and tested it in my sandbox; works as expected. When I tried to move it to production, I ran a the deployement test and I received the following msg: "Coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%...." . Can someone help me write a test class?

Below is my Trigger Code:

{

if(Trigger.isUpdate){

{

{

//do your stuff, for ex

insert st;

}

}
    }  

}
  • August 11, 2010

I have followed the instructions on how to get this working. I send test emails to the email service address created by salesforce when I activated the Email-to-Case and it does not create a case. I looked at the System Log and there is no entry regarding this. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

AD

• July 29, 2010

I created 2 custom objects as a logging tool; Suppor Ticket and Maintenance Requests.

I have a field called type in the maintenance object. I would like a new entry to be created in the support ticket object if the field Type (in maintinance object) is changed to Support Required. Is this possible without Apex coding?

• July 22, 2010

Hello,

I have never written an apex trigger and do not know where to start. Can someone guide me through this process or tell me if there is a non-coding method of achieving this?

What I essentially want is to create a record in a custom object based on a criteria met in another object:

I have a custom object named: Maintenance and another object called Support Ticket. I would like a trigger on Maintenance object that says if the status changes to "support needed"  create a new record in Support Ticket object.

Is this possible?

• June 23, 2010

Hi - I have a custom object called campaigns (separate from the standard object) where I want to roll up the revenue of all opportunities associated with the campaign. I've looked around for sample triggers but have not found anything close to it. Help is appreciated. Thanks!

• July 19, 2011
Every time I change the account owner on an account, all of the owners on open opportunity change as well. How can I prevent this from happening? Help is appreciated!

• February 01, 2011

One of my users some how activated Salesforce Mobile (paying version). Is there a way an admin can switch him to Mobile Lite from the configuration? Also - is there a way to restrict users to mobile lite only? 

Thanks,

Adrian

• January 28, 2011

Is it possible to have an email service apex that will update an existing record in a custom object? I'm not a coder but would really appreciate it if someone can guide me to a similar code I can use to develop this functionality. Thanks!

• January 11, 2011

Hello,

I have a trigger that creates is supposed to create a new record based on a status field of a different custom object. When i run the trigger, it creates 2 new records in the second custom object. Help solving why it is creating two instead of one is appreciated.

My code below:

Trigger:

{

if(Trigger.isUpdate){

{

{

insert st;

}

}
    }  

}

Test Class:

@isTest
private class CreateTicketTriggerTest {

static testMethod void myUnitTest() {

Maintenance_Request__c mr = new Maintenance_Request__c();

mr.Your_Name__c = 'Test User';
    mr.Short_Description__c = 'Test request';
    mr.Client_Name__c = '0015000000GibFx';
    mr.Detailed_Description__c = 'Test maintenance request';
    mr.Mailbox__c = 'test@example.org';
    mr.Participant_Name__c = 'Test Participant';
    mr.Participant_ID__c = '123';

insert mr;

mr.Status__C = 'Pending Support';
    update mr;
    }
}

• August 17, 2010

Okay I've written my code and tested it in my sandbox; works as expected. When I tried to move it to production, I ran a the deployement test and I received the following msg: "Coverage of selected Apex Trigger is 0%...." . Can someone help me write a test class?

Below is my Trigger Code:

{

if(Trigger.isUpdate){

{

{

//do your stuff, for ex

insert st;

}

}
    }  

}
  • August 11, 2010

Hi Guys,

what is the way to transfer the records by using salesforce to salesforce, i established the connection between two business users and iam able to add the objects and fields using the template but iam not sure how to transfer the records........Any kind of help is appreciated.

I have followed the instructions on how to get this working. I send test emails to the email service address created by salesforce when I activated the Email-to-Case and it does not create a case. I looked at the System Log and there is no entry regarding this. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

AD

• July 29, 2010

I created 2 custom objects as a logging tool; Suppor Ticket and Maintenance Requests.

I have a field called type in the maintenance object. I would like a new entry to be created in the support ticket object if the field Type (in maintinance object) is changed to Support Required. Is this possible without Apex coding?

• July 22, 2010

For who's interested: we (not Salesforce.com!) created an improved version of the Excel Addin with the following improvements:

1. Enhanced login-screen: easier switching between environments (less typing)
2. Validation rules are applied by default (by using newer api version)
3. Fixed error on duplicate columns (required custom fields were downloaded twice)
4. Removed default query on 'systemModeDate > [last 7 days]' if no filter criteria were filled in
5. Increased standard batch size from 50 to 200, improving upload performance
6. Removed checks on maximum amount of lines
7. Improved dates handling (sometimes downloaded dates would not upload back into salesforce again)

(update 2012-12-04, 2 more fixes)

8. ability to upload numberic fields as null instead of always 0

9. corrected the bug to cope with error when uploading numbers with many decimals. These were put into scientific notation in Excel but not loaded properly to SF

(update 2013-05-03, 1 fix)

10. ability to query more than 32766 rows (was hitting the VBA limit on Integer size)

Our users are very happy with it. Feel free to try it out or further build on it and let me know what you think:

http://code.google.com/p/improved-excel-addin/

Disclaimer: Though we made and tested all enhancements with great care, we take no responsibility for the consequences of the use of this tool. Also note that this is an open source tool and not maintained nor supported by Salesforce.com.

Regards,

Guy

As stated on other messages, I realize that this is not a supported App.  However, we are using Beta Chatter and I have followed the steps to install this app - GoogleAlertstoChatter.  It was easy to configure and in theory is very well received by our Sales and Management.  Not sure yet if it is working, since it is not clear where the notifications will be listed - I assume in the Chatter Notifications.   One problem issue is that whenever I do a merge of Accounts or Contacts, whether using Salesforce directly or Demand Tools, I am getting the following error email.  I need to know if this has to do with our Email Server, GoogleAlertstoChatter email, or something else with the APEX class. 

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 00500000006uBVl/00D00000000heIs

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void executeGoogleAlertsCallouts(LIST:String, LIST:String, LIST:String)'

caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Class.GoogleAlertToChatter.executeGoogleAlertsCallouts: line 239, column 63 External entry point

Debug Log:

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.