• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello all,

We have a Full Sandbox that we use to develop new APEX code before releasing into production.  This SandBox was recently refreshed and should have identical configuration to our production environment.  After the last time I refreshed, I developed a couple new triggers and bulkified some existing triggers that needed bulkification in the Sandbox.  I tested all of the code changes in the Sandbox and everything worked as expected.  I then pushed them into our production environment where I found that one of the triggers is throwing a Null Point Exception that was not being thrown in the Sandbox.  I performed the exact same steps in the Sandbox as I did in Production when it threw the exception, and everything works fine in the Sandbox.  I compared the field security settings and availability in the objects that the triggers deal with to make sure there wasn't a small chnage that happened in one environment and not the other, but I couldn't see any differences anywhere.  Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Any pointers that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.  I am at a loss.  Thanks.

Hello all,

We have a Full Sandbox that we use to develop new APEX code before releasing into production.  This SandBox was recently refreshed and should have identical configuration to our production environment.  After the last time I refreshed, I developed a couple new triggers and bulkified some existing triggers that needed bulkification in the Sandbox.  I tested all of the code changes in the Sandbox and everything worked as expected.  I then pushed them into our production environment where I found that one of the triggers is throwing a Null Point Exception that was not being thrown in the Sandbox.  I performed the exact same steps in the Sandbox as I did in Production when it threw the exception, and everything works fine in the Sandbox.  I compared the field security settings and availability in the objects that the triggers deal with to make sure there wasn't a small chnage that happened in one environment and not the other, but I couldn't see any differences anywhere.  Has anyone seen anything like this before?  Any pointers that anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.  I am at a loss.  Thanks.

So i have been using the system log window, to directly execute Apex code for maintence, for instance:

- clearing out a large number of leads older that 2 years.

- poping open and saving a large number of leads to fire a trigger.

Has anyone else used this window in a similiar fasion ?  is this a really bad practice  (besides the obvious possibilty of deleting stuff that you didnt mean to) ? it seems like such a valuable resource, a console for executing scrpts, but i can't help but think i shouldnt be in there doing that, or theres another way to perform such maintenance. The scariest part is that every user has access to that window, so anyone could potentially go in and delete all the leads or opportunities, or even wipe out the whole Db if they knew a little code ! is there a way to disable this window for all users except the admins ? 

Hello All,

We recently launced a solutions page for our customers by generating the HTML code through the Public Solutions feature in Salesforce.  The solutions display in an iframe on our page and everything is functioning correctly except for the fact that there are two unwanted columns that are visible to our customers, they are 'Number of Related Cases' and 'Last Modified Date'.  

I searched for a way to remove these columns as we do not want our customers to be able to see them.  I couldn't find any documentation around this so I submitted a case to Salesforce Support, whereby I was told that I needed to modify the HTML code but they could not tell me how and subsequently pointed me to the developer board.

Here is the HTML code that is generated -

<IFRAME title="Content" src="http://na4.salesforce.com/sol/public/search.jsp?orgId=00D300000006JjL" WIDTH="515" HEIGHT="360"></IFRAME>

Any ideas how I can modify the Public Solutions HTML to remove the two columns? 

Thanks for your help.

Clint