• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are looking to start and build a new project for our company, the project involves a web interface with role-based security, custom multiple different projects on roles with asp.net. why use force.com or database.com, instead of using asp.net with .Net framework and Microsoft SQL Server.

I don't need any salesman trying to sell me a product I really want to know the real difference, also there might be other options like DotNetNuke with asp.net so again what is the real benefit one over other.

How do I do a field update when ever the number Field is edited or created it should update a new field with only the numbers for example 2124441111 and not (212) 444-1111 with the symbols.

I need to do this for external ID, I could not use the number Field for an external ID.
Data Type: Phone

To: External_ID__c
Data Type: Text(12) (External ID)

In a business environment starting with a lead you may have no idea of the person's information, and when starting the negotiations you have multiple users to track, salesforce.com is not designed for residential users, why isn't a Lead treated as a account with the option to add multiple contacts? how to deal with the last name requirement?

I would like to have separate fields for the address, state, city, ZIP code. When it's on editing mode it should be in separate fields, but when it's on viewing mode it should be in one line how do we do this.

We would like to create comments capability on all objects to be the same as with case comments which is only available for cases.

The following are the requirements: I want the display to be very neat, on the top row to have the display in bolt with who created and who modified the comment, then 2 additional rows with the actual comment and if the comment is longer than the two lines to be a link at the end <click here to view more>.
Please let me know how this could be done or anyone interested to do this object.

I'm going to design my own customer case portal for customers to submit and see the status of their cases.

I am thinking to do When a user logs into my website they will be identified by the contact e-mail address.

Now to the question When they submit a Case Comment through the API is there a way to identify that this Comment was created by the case user and not the salesforce API user.

I am looking for a developer familiar with Joomla and Salesforce, can anyone direct me where to find such developers.

Thanks

I by mistake didn't enter the display name correctly how do I change it

Thanks

I am trying to setup the following

I have a website with login and user registration through Joomla.

When the user logs in to my general website I would like to create a link for example to create cases, view cases, or any other custom objects from salesforce.com.

1. Will salesforce.com allow the login to happen on my website instead of the salesforce.com customer portal.

2. If the login could happen from my website and the password is stored on my website, how will salesforce work with the passwords, will it recognize the passcode from our website or I do not need one altogether and this could happen by any other way.

3. Can I create a direct link to the tabs from my website to salesforce.com objects, for example on the drop-down menu on my website have a menu "Create Case" and the create case object from salesforce.com should open in the body of my website using for example Iframe.

What I am trying to achieve with this is that users always stay in the same website with one login, if anyone has any other ideas I would really appreciate.

Thanks

We are looking to start and build a new project for our company, the project involves a web interface with role-based security, custom multiple different projects on roles with asp.net. why use force.com or database.com, instead of using asp.net with .Net framework and Microsoft SQL Server.

I don't need any salesman trying to sell me a product I really want to know the real difference, also there might be other options like DotNetNuke with asp.net so again what is the real benefit one over other.

I by mistake didn't enter the display name correctly how do I change it

Thanks