• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Could you please tell me some how can we hide parent account field (Account std field)  from Account Layout?   

• October 23, 2010

Is it possible to migrate the chatter feeds and data from one instance to another?

• October 14, 2010

Hi,
we are doing the org merge. We have two instance Instance A (Consider as Master instance contains 5 Groups& app)and Instance B. we got the Unlimited or Full copy sand box where we refreshed the master Instance A configuraions and data. then we migrated the Instance B configuration in Full copy Sandbox and also added some new inhancements.
Also prepared the data migration plan from Instance B to Instance A once configuration moved from Full copy sandbox to Instance A.

Q1. Is it the right way of Org merge?
Q2. Is there any facility , we can keep back up of Instance A with configuratio and all data , In case some thing messed uo while migration. So we can revert back all changes .
Q3. Do you think you have any other right way to Org merge?
Q4. How can we migrate the Group calender data.?

• October 14, 2010

I need to tide one opportunity with child account so i can see that opportunity on chicld account in opportunity related list. but same way i would like to see on parent account of that child account.

Is it possible to devlope this scenario?  

• October 13, 2010

I need to display the billing address same as account in custom object. but We dont have any option and custom field like that.If we need  use billing  address on custom object we need use Text area or Text area (Long) field need to use.but it will not provide all automatic option. any one can help in this?

• October 13, 2010

I've created a wrapper around Apex's Crypto class so I could have consistent handling of the encrypt and decrypt functions and hide most of the input params to those functions.  I'm storing the 3 blobs that encypt and decrypt as base64 encoded strings and then base64 decoding them before use.  Encyption works fine.  I get this error when decrypting:

06:25:30.433|USER_DEBUG|[103]|DEBUG|Key size = 16
06:25:30.433|METHOD_EXIT|[103]|System.debug(ANY)
06:25:30.433|METHOD_ENTRY|[104]|System.debug(ANY)
06:25:30.433|METHOD_ENTRY|[104]|String.valueOf(Integer)
06:25:30.433|METHOD_ENTRY|[104]|Blob.size()
06:25:30.433|METHOD_EXIT|[104]|Blob.size()
06:25:30.433|METHOD_EXIT|[104]|String.valueOf(Integer)
06:25:30.433|USER_DEBUG|[104]|DEBUG|Vector size = 16
06:25:30.433|METHOD_EXIT|[104]|System.debug(ANY)
06:25:30.433|METHOD_ENTRY|[105]|System.debug(ANY)
06:25:30.433|METHOD_ENTRY|[105]|String.valueOf(Integer)
06:25:30.433|METHOD_ENTRY|[105]|Blob.size()
06:25:30.433|METHOD_EXIT|[105]|Blob.size()
06:25:30.433|METHOD_EXIT|[105]|String.valueOf(Integer)
06:25:30.433|USER_DEBUG|[105]|DEBUG|Auth size = 48
06:25:30.433|METHOD_EXIT|[105]|System.debug(ANY)
06:25:30.433|METHOD_ENTRY|[1]|Crypto.Crypto()
06:25:30.433|METHOD_EXIT|[1]|Crypto
06:25:30.433|METHOD_ENTRY|[108]|system.Crypto.decrypt(String, Blob, Blob, Blob)
06:25:30.434|METHOD_EXIT|[108]|system.Crypto.decrypt(String, Blob, Blob, Blob)
06:25:30.436|FATAL_ERROR|System.SecurityException: Given final block not properly padded

I'm using the 128 bit AES option.  You can see from the log that my key, vector, and ciphertext (Auth) are multiple of 8.  I don't want to provide the base64 encoded ciphertext here, but it's 64 characters; however, It does not end in "==".  Since I'm using encrypt to create it, what else must be done to get this to work?  I'm only using ASCII characters in my cleartext when encrypting.  Could SF's implementation of the base64 encoding/decoding not handle round trips with certain characters?

Thanks in advance,

Matt

• March 08, 2011

I need to display the billing address same as account in custom object. but We dont have any option and custom field like that.If we need  use billing  address on custom object we need use Text area or Text area (Long) field need to use.but it will not provide all automatic option. any one can help in this?

• October 13, 2010

Hi,

I have a question about deploying config changes to production. Since my companys implementation is medium sized, we manually(I know tiring) move the config changes(custom object,fields,etc) from sandbox to production.

If I were to work in a big company what would be the best way to move config changes from sandbox to production

Thanks

• October 08, 2010

Trying to filter on a rich text field yields the following error:

INVALID_FIELD: 
formation__Form_Field__c where formation__Info__c != ''
                               ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:584
field 'formation__Info__c' can not be filtered in query call

I'm doing my first major Apex scripting job to automatically create events based on a quantity # specified in Opportunity Products.  I'm not the best coder around, so please bear with me here :)

I'm trying to query PricebookEntry.Product2.Name but am finding that the output via Apex is the name of the field instead of the actual name specified for the related object.  This also happens with ProductCode as well.

For example:

PricebookEntry.Product.Name                             .....results in "Name"

Trigger.new[0].PricebookEntry.Product2.Name    .....results in "null"

I've been able to narrow down a SOQL query with other fields in the table, so I know it is possible.  Here's an example:

[select Id,OpportunityId,Quantity,PricebookEntry.Product2.Family from OpportunityLineItem where PricebookEntry.Product2.Family = 'Services' AND Opportunity.Id = :eachNewOpportunityLineItem.OpportunityId]

What am I missing?  Someone fill in the obvious for me :)

So when I add a new product to my opportunity I want to be able to see the same custom fields I created in the price book on the "opportunity products" search page.
I already tried going through page layout, but the same fields aren't in both places.
I don't want to have to re-type everything

Is there a way for me to select my product and have the same fields from the price book/product custom fields show up on "Opportunity Product"

And why are these two "separate" anyway?