• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi All,

I am trying to generate a report based on the value of a checkbox. It is a tabular report that has to count total number of records where the check box value is true. In my system, there are about 40 records with the check box value "true". However, when I run the report I can see only one record. Is it because of the security? I can see all the records in the object. I created new record with the checkbox value as "true", but it is not displaying that record in the results. Could any one please let me know what I need to verify to get all the records ? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• August 23, 2011

Hi All,

I am trying the following Apex code. I am getting value "null" for the account name and Account id. Could anyone please let me know why I am getting "null" for the account name? Your help is greatly appreciated.

public class myControllerExtension {

private final Account acct;

// The extension constructor initializes the private member  

// variable acct by using the getRecord method from the standard  

// controller.  

public myControllerExtension(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        this.acct = (Account)stdController.getRecord();
        System.debug('account name' + this.acct.name);
        System.debug('account id' + this.acct.id);
    }
    public String getGreeting() {
    System.debug('account name' + acct.name);
        return 'Hello ' + acct.name + ' (' + acct.id + ')';
    }
}

Following is the debug log:

22.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG
16:18:28.025 (25950000)|EXECUTION_STARTED
16:18:28.026 (26016000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|06650000000H4Ct|VF: /apex/sample1
16:18:28.049 (49222000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01p50000000LZQc|myControllerExtension <init>
16:18:28.049 (49345000)|METHOD_ENTRY|[1]|01p50000000LZQc|myControllerExtension.myControllerExtension()
16:18:28.049 (49386000)|METHOD_EXIT|[1]|myControllerExtension
16:18:28.049 (49740000)|USER_DEBUG|[13]|DEBUG|account namenull
16:18:28.049 (49859000)|USER_DEBUG|[14]|DEBUG|account idnull
16:18:28.049 (49914000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|myControllerExtension <init>
16:18:28.091 (91934000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01p50000000LZQc|myControllerExtension get(greeting)
16:18:28.092 (92430000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01p50000000LZQc|myControllerExtension invoke(getgreeting)
16:18:28.092 (92596000)|USER_DEBUG|[17]|DEBUG|account namenull
16:18:28.092 (92697000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|myControllerExtension invoke(getgreeting)
16:18:28.092 (92723000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|myControllerExtension get(greeting)
16:18:28.107 (107559000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|VF: /apex/sample1
16:18:28.107 (107600000)|EXECUTION_FINISHED

Following is the VF code

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="myControllerExtension">
    {!greeting} <p/>
    <apex:form >
        <apex:inputField value="{!account.name}"/> <p/>
        <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>
    </apex:form>
</apex:page>

• August 13, 2011

Hi All,

I have deployed a application from App exchange that was available for free. Now I need to add lookup filed to one of it's objects. When I tried to add new field to the object, it is not displaying o the screen. Is it possible to add new field to app exchange object? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• July 13, 2011

Hi All,

I created a custom object in an enterprise edition of Salesforce. I have added few custom fields to it. When I click on the custom object tab, I do not see "new" button to create new records.I did the same thing in developer edition, and I can see "new" button in the developer edition. Could anyone please tell me why "new" button is not visible for custom object? your help is greatly appreciated.

• August 10, 2010

Hi All,

I have a custom object of text type.This custom object has a lookup relationship with "contact" standard object.  I want to assign contact name to the custom object name in the Apex class.

When I save the custom object[customer object] after I enter other required fields, then the record is saving with random name like "a0650000007xpaD". How can I assign contact name to the customer object name? Could anyone please help me with this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

I have written following statement in the code:

customer.name = customer.Contact__c;
     controller.save();
  • August 09, 2010

Hi All,

I am using the following code in Visualforce page to implete edit and delete actions.In this case, I am not able to see "delete" and "edit" buttons when I execute the page. It is not a complete code, I have pasted some portion of thecode. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong with delete and edit actions? Your help is greatly appreciated.

<apex:page standardController="Customer_Details__c" extensions="ExtOne">

<apex:commandButton action="{!delete}" value="delete"/>
  <apex:commandButton action="{!edit}" value="edit"/>

• August 06, 2010

Hi,

I have created a custom object called Employment details. I have master detail relationship between Emplyment details object and contact object. I am developing a visualforce page to enter  employment details. In this page , I need to select contact from standard object contact to associate particular contact to employment details. How to acheive this in visualforce? I am a beginner in Visulaforce. If anybody has an idea about this please let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Assh.

• August 03, 2010

Hi All,

I want to create a custom field whose field label is very long. I do not know how to increase the field label size. I checked custom label. but in the help it says we can access custom label throgh Apex or VisualForce. If anyone has an idea how to have longer field labels please help me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Assh

• August 02, 2010

I want to track employment history for each contact. In employment history we are tracking information such as previous experience, skills etc.   If any contact needs assistance in getting job, then I need assign him to hiring resources.If some contact needs some class then, I need to assign him to a education class.I am thinking to implement this in the following way.
1. create custom object for employemnt history
2. create lookup filed in the contact to connect it to employemnt object.
I am not sure how to assign class or hiring resources to the contact. Could any one please guide me on this? What is the best way to implement this in Salesforce?

Thank you,

Assh

• July 27, 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to assign customized page layout to leads. setup-->App setup-->customize-->leads-->page layout. selected page layout assignment and selected customized layout. At this point, I am getting the following error.

Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

profile name: Administartion.

What access I need to provide to the profile in order to assign page layout? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sam

• July 19, 2010

Hi All,

I need to add new fields such as DOB, gender, Marital status, ethnicity, contact phone no of a constituent in Salesforce. I believe that contact is the right place to capture all these information. I already have 1000 contacts in my account. I would like to know what are the steps I need to follow in order to add these fields under contact? Since I already have 1000 records under contact how to update these records with the new field's information? Please let me know what is the usual procedure followed here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Assh

• July 17, 2010

Hi All,

I am trying the following Apex code. I am getting value "null" for the account name and Account id. Could anyone please let me know why I am getting "null" for the account name? Your help is greatly appreciated.

public class myControllerExtension {

private final Account acct;

// The extension constructor initializes the private member  

// variable acct by using the getRecord method from the standard  

// controller.  

public myControllerExtension(ApexPages.StandardController stdController) {
        this.acct = (Account)stdController.getRecord();
        System.debug('account name' + this.acct.name);
        System.debug('account id' + this.acct.id);
    }
    public String getGreeting() {
    System.debug('account name' + acct.name);
        return 'Hello ' + acct.name + ' (' + acct.id + ')';
    }
}

Following is the debug log:

22.0 APEX_CODE,DEBUG
16:18:28.025 (25950000)|EXECUTION_STARTED
16:18:28.026 (26016000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|06650000000H4Ct|VF: /apex/sample1
16:18:28.049 (49222000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01p50000000LZQc|myControllerExtension <init>
16:18:28.049 (49345000)|METHOD_ENTRY|[1]|01p50000000LZQc|myControllerExtension.myControllerExtension()
16:18:28.049 (49386000)|METHOD_EXIT|[1]|myControllerExtension
16:18:28.049 (49740000)|USER_DEBUG|[13]|DEBUG|account namenull
16:18:28.049 (49859000)|USER_DEBUG|[14]|DEBUG|account idnull
16:18:28.049 (49914000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|myControllerExtension <init>
16:18:28.091 (91934000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01p50000000LZQc|myControllerExtension get(greeting)
16:18:28.092 (92430000)|CODE_UNIT_STARTED|[EXTERNAL]|01p50000000LZQc|myControllerExtension invoke(getgreeting)
16:18:28.092 (92596000)|USER_DEBUG|[17]|DEBUG|account namenull
16:18:28.092 (92697000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|myControllerExtension invoke(getgreeting)
16:18:28.092 (92723000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|myControllerExtension get(greeting)
16:18:28.107 (107559000)|CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|VF: /apex/sample1
16:18:28.107 (107600000)|EXECUTION_FINISHED

Following is the VF code

<apex:page standardController="Account" extensions="myControllerExtension">
    {!greeting} <p/>
        <apex:inputField value="{!account.name}"/> <p/>
        <apex:commandButton value="Save" action="{!save}"/>

• August 13, 2011

Hi All,

I have deployed a application from App exchange that was available for free. Now I need to add lookup filed to one of it's objects. When I tried to add new field to the object, it is not displaying o the screen. Is it possible to add new field to app exchange object? Your help is greatly appreciated.

• July 13, 2011

Hi All,

I created a custom object in an enterprise edition of Salesforce. I have added few custom fields to it. When I click on the custom object tab, I do not see "new" button to create new records.I did the same thing in developer edition, and I can see "new" button in the developer edition. Could anyone please tell me why "new" button is not visible for custom object? your help is greatly appreciated.

• August 10, 2010

Hi All,

I have a custom object of text type.This custom object has a lookup relationship with "contact" standard object.  I want to assign contact name to the custom object name in the Apex class.

When I save the custom object[customer object] after I enter other required fields, then the record is saving with random name like "a0650000007xpaD". How can I assign contact name to the customer object name? Could anyone please help me with this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

I have written following statement in the code:

customer.name = customer.Contact__c;
     controller.save();
  • August 09, 2010

Hi All,

I am using the following code in Visualforce page to implete edit and delete actions.In this case, I am not able to see "delete" and "edit" buttons when I execute the page. It is not a complete code, I have pasted some portion of thecode. Could anyone please tell me what is wrong with delete and edit actions? Your help is greatly appreciated.

<apex:page standardController="Customer_Details__c" extensions="ExtOne">

<apex:commandButton action="{!delete}" value="delete"/>
  <apex:commandButton action="{!edit}" value="edit"/>

• August 06, 2010

Hi,

I have created a custom object called Employment details. I have master detail relationship between Emplyment details object and contact object. I am developing a visualforce page to enter  employment details. In this page , I need to select contact from standard object contact to associate particular contact to employment details. How to acheive this in visualforce? I am a beginner in Visulaforce. If anybody has an idea about this please let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated

Thank you,

Assh.

• August 03, 2010

Hi All,

I want to create a custom field whose field label is very long. I do not know how to increase the field label size. I checked custom label. but in the help it says we can access custom label throgh Apex or VisualForce. If anyone has an idea how to have longer field labels please help me. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Assh

• August 02, 2010

I want to track employment history for each contact. In employment history we are tracking information such as previous experience, skills etc.   If any contact needs assistance in getting job, then I need assign him to hiring resources.If some contact needs some class then, I need to assign him to a education class.I am thinking to implement this in the following way.
1. create custom object for employemnt history
2. create lookup filed in the contact to connect it to employemnt object.
I am not sure how to assign class or hiring resources to the contact. Could any one please guide me on this? What is the best way to implement this in Salesforce?

Thank you,

Assh

• July 27, 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to assign customized page layout to leads. setup-->App setup-->customize-->leads-->page layout. selected page layout assignment and selected customized layout. At this point, I am getting the following error.

Insufficient Privileges You do not have the level of access necessary to perform the operation you requested. Please contact the owner of the record or your administrator if access is necessary.

profile name: Administartion.

What access I need to provide to the profile in order to assign page layout? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Sam

• July 19, 2010

Hi All,

I need to add new fields such as DOB, gender, Marital status, ethnicity, contact phone no of a constituent in Salesforce. I believe that contact is the right place to capture all these information. I already have 1000 contacts in my account. I would like to know what are the steps I need to follow in order to add these fields under contact? Since I already have 1000 records under contact how to update these records with the new field's information? Please let me know what is the usual procedure followed here. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Assh

• July 17, 2010