• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I create one mail merge templet.i.e in word format.

Can any body told me ,in email alert how can i select that mail merge templet.

• November 03, 2010

l was trying to have a page tht has a standardController ="Transaction__c" and due to this i can refer to the custom fields TransactionType__c and so on inside the Transaction__c  custom object(database table)

But i also need to use another table like maybe Customer__c on the same vf page.

but since i could add only <apex:page standardController ="Transaction__c" >..... on a single page , what do i do to access  Customer__c from the same vf page.

I need to input customer details in <apex: inputtext id="custname" ...and so on.

i dont know if this is too basic question or is it significant.

Pls help.

• July 20, 2010

I am trying to understand standard controllers vs. custom--and how they can be used with Custom Objects?

Most of the code samples I have found all use the standard Account or Contact as the example like...

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true"  tabStyle="Account" > 

I have several Custom Objects that I have created---and have trying to create a simple Tabbed view of the object detail and related lists instead of the typical list view--using VF.

I am just starting on VF...

>Do standard controllers get 'auto-created' for each custom object?--assume so and thats how the display using standard SF look?

> When I try starting my VF page to be used on my Custom Object with...

<apex:page standardController="ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c" showHeader="true"  tabStyle="ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c"" > 

I get errors - ThenameIusedtocreatetheobject_c Does not Exist, etc.

What am I missing about standard controllers on custom objects?  Do all custom objects require a custom controller to be coded?

Thanks for the assistance...

KS