• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

Just want to ask if the assigning of OwnerId to a record in Custom Object will affect the license limit of certain user?

I have this case that the owner id of the custom object was set to Inactive, the reason why it cannot attach a file. What i did is that I temporary assign the owner id of these records to an active account like System Administrator. I also created a trigger that once the 'real' owner of these records becomes Activated, it will automatically update the Owner Id back to the real owner. I just want to upsert some files even though the owner is still Inactive user.

Example:

CustomObject. has the following records:

Id = 1 OwnerId = System Administrator

Id = 2 OwnerId = System Administrator

Id = 3 OwnerId = System Administrator

Now,my question is, will this have an effect to the license limit of the System Administrator account?

Your answers will really help a lot.

Thanks!!!

• November 15, 2011

Hi,

In Spring '11 release, criteria based sharing was introduced. We have tried using this feature and would like to know if this can be deployed via eclipse. Since we have setup too many rules.

Thanks for those who will reply. ^_^

Mikka

• May 18, 2011

Hi guys,

Im having problem placing an attribute style in sectionheader. My css is not recognized and I've got error message when I tried to put this one:

<apex:sectionHeader title="{!$Label.FSW_Main}" subtitle="{!PolicyName}" styleClass="hkscs">

It says that styleclass is not an attribute of sectionHeader.

I tried doing the following but to no avail:

1. Inserting div

<div style = "hkscs" >
         <apex:sectionHeader title="{!$Label.FSW_Main}" subtitle="{!PolicyName}">
         </apex:SectionHeader>
</div>

2. Inserting stylesheet before the sectionheader

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.ESW2Style_HKSCS ,'newESUIStyle.css')}" />

I need to add style to my text in order for some Chinese text to appear perfectly inside the sectionheader.

Hope you can figure this one out.

Thanks for your help.

• March 30, 2011
Hi guys, Just want to ask how can I create a test coverage with this certain piece of code: if (UserInfo.getLanguage() == 'en_US') { //implementation goes here... } else if (UserInfo.getLanguage() == 'zh_TW') { //implementation goes here... } How can I write test coverage both for English and Chinese language? Is there a method like setLanguage which is good only for executing test coverages? Currently my test coverage is lower than 75% because it cannot cover the other language since it uses the default language set in the portal. Please help!!! Many many thanks for those who will reply... Mikka ^_^
  • November 05, 2010

Hi guys,

Just a question on date/time field formulas. I created a formula field (X3_days_before_due_date) that will get the days before the due_date__c field value. So far here's what I've gone through:

Due_Date__c -3

Now, my problem comes on the time field. I want to add 16:00 after the said date formula. Please note that 16:00 time is a constant value and I will use this field in workflow alerts.

Do you guys have some idea how can I add this time so that this will be:

Current date:                      Oct.14,2010  17:44

3 days  before due date:  Oct.11,2010  16:00

Thank you very much!!!!

• October 14, 2010

Hi guys,

Kindly help me out... Im having problem converting the datetime value field in my time zone (GMT+08:00) Philippines Time (Asia/Manila) so that when datetime field is captured in email, the correct time settings will be displayed.

So far, here's what I've gone through:

1. Create a Formula text type field that will convert my datetime field.

MID(TEXT( DueDate__c + _______ ), 12, 5)

Problem is I dont know what value will be supplied in the blank field or the formula in converting time zone so that I may be able to get the exact date and time values same as what is displayed in SF.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks!!!

• September 09, 2010

Hi,

Just want to ask if I use the settargetobjectid parameter in sending messages, does it restricts me to use the setToAddresses, setCCAddresses and setBccAddesses methods? This for a fact that settargetobjectid handles the sending of email by identifying the targeted recipient's address? So even if I use for example email.setCCAddresses('aa@abc.com') this will not cause error in compilation but will not send an email on the said address?

Please enlighten me. Your help will be  highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

• August 30, 2010
Hi guys, Just want to ask if it is possible possible to create a trigger that allows running of a scheduled script, i.e. After the record is saved, the trigger will fire that will check if the SR/Activity Due Date is the same as the Create Date. If true, then it will compute for the "two hours before the Due Date" and schedule an email to be sent at that time. Pseudocode examples will be highly appreciated. Thank you very much!!!!
  • August 25, 2010

Hi guys, I am currently into sending Email Notification to users who have either new cases or cases whose due date has been lapsed. So far, this is what I've gone: 1. Created a class that implements Schedulable (for Apex Scheduler) 2. Created a class / method that queries list of users who will be notified by the email. 3. Associate the class into Scheduled Jobs and this will run 8 AM daily. My problem is that how can I create a trigger that will fire up and send email notifications every time the scheduled job has finished running? Also the users want to use their existing email template for this. I've got problem using workflow alerts since it limits me to recipients who should also receive this email notification. For example: To: -> the case owner

Cc: -> case owner's supervisor and not the entire supervisor role

Is this possible? Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you very much.

• August 12, 2010
Hi guys, I am trying to compare two date fields in SF schema and is getting a malformed query error. Can anyone help me how to compare this two date fields please??? My SOQL query is like this: Select c.Status, c.SR_Number__c, c.Id, c.Due_Date__c, c.CreatedDate, c.CaseNumber From Case c where CreatedDate = Due_Date__c I just want to compare if the Created Date has the same date (YYYY-MM-DD) with my due date. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
  • August 11, 2010

Just want to ask, is it possible if I have different set of sites for my users having different profiles?

Lets say for User A, upon logging in the site will display VF page name HomePage_1 as for User B when he logs in the site, the first landing tab will be HomePage_2. The pages to be displayed will depend upon the profile of each user.

I would like to elaborate further on this if the above question is unclear.

Thanks for those who will response.

• July 23, 2010

Hi,

Just want to ask if the assigning of OwnerId to a record in Custom Object will affect the license limit of certain user?

I have this case that the owner id of the custom object was set to Inactive, the reason why it cannot attach a file. What i did is that I temporary assign the owner id of these records to an active account like System Administrator. I also created a trigger that once the 'real' owner of these records becomes Activated, it will automatically update the Owner Id back to the real owner. I just want to upsert some files even though the owner is still Inactive user.

Example:

CustomObject. has the following records:

Id = 1 OwnerId = System Administrator

Id = 2 OwnerId = System Administrator

Id = 3 OwnerId = System Administrator

Now,my question is, will this have an effect to the license limit of the System Administrator account?

Your answers will really help a lot.

Thanks!!!

• November 15, 2011

Hi guys,

Im having problem placing an attribute style in sectionheader. My css is not recognized and I've got error message when I tried to put this one:

<apex:sectionHeader title="{!$Label.FSW_Main}" subtitle="{!PolicyName}" styleClass="hkscs">

It says that styleclass is not an attribute of sectionHeader.

I tried doing the following but to no avail:

1. Inserting div

<div style = "hkscs" >
         <apex:sectionHeader title="{!$Label.FSW_Main}" subtitle="{!PolicyName}">
         </apex:SectionHeader>
</div>

2. Inserting stylesheet before the sectionheader

<apex:stylesheet value="{!URLFOR($Resource.ESW2Style_HKSCS ,'newESUIStyle.css')}" />

I need to add style to my text in order for some Chinese text to appear perfectly inside the sectionheader.

Hope you can figure this one out.

Thanks for your help.

• March 30, 2011
Hi guys, Just want to ask how can I create a test coverage with this certain piece of code: if (UserInfo.getLanguage() == 'en_US') { //implementation goes here... } else if (UserInfo.getLanguage() == 'zh_TW') { //implementation goes here... } How can I write test coverage both for English and Chinese language? Is there a method like setLanguage which is good only for executing test coverages? Currently my test coverage is lower than 75% because it cannot cover the other language since it uses the default language set in the portal. Please help!!! Many many thanks for those who will reply... Mikka ^_^
  • November 05, 2010

Hi guys,

Kindly help me out... Im having problem converting the datetime value field in my time zone (GMT+08:00) Philippines Time (Asia/Manila) so that when datetime field is captured in email, the correct time settings will be displayed.

So far, here's what I've gone through:

1. Create a Formula text type field that will convert my datetime field.

MID(TEXT( DueDate__c + _______ ), 12, 5)

Problem is I dont know what value will be supplied in the blank field or the formula in converting time zone so that I may be able to get the exact date and time values same as what is displayed in SF.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks!!!

• September 09, 2010

Hi,

Just want to ask if I use the settargetobjectid parameter in sending messages, does it restricts me to use the setToAddresses, setCCAddresses and setBccAddesses methods? This for a fact that settargetobjectid handles the sending of email by identifying the targeted recipient's address? So even if I use for example email.setCCAddresses('aa@abc.com') this will not cause error in compilation but will not send an email on the said address?

Please enlighten me. Your help will be  highly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

• August 30, 2010

Hi guys, I am currently into sending Email Notification to users who have either new cases or cases whose due date has been lapsed. So far, this is what I've gone: 1. Created a class that implements Schedulable (for Apex Scheduler) 2. Created a class / method that queries list of users who will be notified by the email. 3. Associate the class into Scheduled Jobs and this will run 8 AM daily. My problem is that how can I create a trigger that will fire up and send email notifications every time the scheduled job has finished running? Also the users want to use their existing email template for this. I've got problem using workflow alerts since it limits me to recipients who should also receive this email notification. For example: To: -> the case owner

Cc: -> case owner's supervisor and not the entire supervisor role

Is this possible? Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you very much.

• August 12, 2010
Hi guys, I am trying to compare two date fields in SF schema and is getting a malformed query error. Can anyone help me how to compare this two date fields please??? My SOQL query is like this: Select c.Status, c.SR_Number__c, c.Id, c.Due_Date__c, c.CreatedDate, c.CaseNumber From Case c where CreatedDate = Due_Date__c I just want to compare if the Created Date has the same date (YYYY-MM-DD) with my due date. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!
  • August 11, 2010