• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Currently, page layout can be assigned to the object based on the record type and profile of the user. As an ISV, we are exploring the possibility of showing the page layout based on the selected app. Is there any way of doing this? 

• August 02, 2013

In Contact object, I want to add a picklist field "Status". The values in field should have a corresponding numerical values which will be used for computation. The structure is almost similar to the Opportunity Stage field which has the mapping between Stage Name and probability.

I have created a picklist field "Status" in Contact and a custom setting which has two fields to save the value and the corresponding numerical value. In this current system, when a new picklist value has to be added, a new record has to be created in the custom setting. Is there any better way to handle this?

• August 01, 2013

Hi,

According to a requirement, i have to change the owner of account if the user does not have read access to a third object.

We need the functionality similar to the isAccessible method of Describe Field Result but it is only available for the current logged in user.

Is there any other way to check the CRUD permissions to an object for a user in Apex code?

• May 09, 2012

Can we generate reports by pulling data from external sources? When a user creates a report and runs a report, we need to pull the data available in Oracle database.

• February 11, 2011
I have created a custom field of type date/time in Lead object. I want to load the data using Import Lead wizard. The problem is that no matter what date format I try, the import wizard doesn't seem to like the format. All other fields are working fine. What date format should be used in order to load data into this custom date/time field?
  • December 30, 2011
While loading data into Lead object using Apex Data Loader, the LeadOwner field gets populated with the id used for data laoding. I am able to set other user as LeadOwner by loading the 18 characters long salesforce id of the user in OwnerId field. How can i change the LeadOwner to some other user during data loading without using salesforce ids? Thanks in advance.
  • October 14, 2010

Hi,

I need to load data into two objects. I am able to load data into one object using the data loader. The second object has a master-details relationship with the first object so I need to have the unique record id of the records of first object in the CSV file. How can I add those record id's to my CSV file?

• July 23, 2010

Hi,

I need to load data into two objects. I am able to load data into one object using the data loader. The second object has a master-details relationship with the first object so I need to have the unique record id of the records of first object in the CSV file. How can I add those record id's to my CSV file?

• July 23, 2010

Can we generate reports by pulling data from external sources? When a user creates a report and runs a report, we need to pull the data available in Oracle database.

• February 11, 2011