• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

We would like to add a checkbox to our account page.  When that box is checked, the shipping address is automatically populated with billing address when the record is saved.  I thought I could create a simple workflow and field update, but I can't seem to find a way in the formula to have fields auto-populated.  Is there a way for this to be done?

• August 23, 2010

Hi,

We would like to have the ability to automatically grant login access to administrators whenever a new user ID is created.  This will make it easier when dealing with support requests.  Does anyone know if functionality like this exists?  If not, is there a way to write some logic to make this happen?

• July 27, 2010

Hello,

Our team has built a validation rule to make the account name field read-only for all users (except administrators) and for certain account record types.  Here is what we have:

OR (
(AND (ISCHANGED (Name ), $RecordType.Id != '01240000000M1ug')) ,
(AND (ISCHANGED (Name ), $RecordType.Id != '01240000000M1uW')) ,
(AND (ISCHANGED (Name ), $RecordType.Id != '01240000000M1ub')) ,
(AND (ISCHANGED (Name ), $Profile.Id !='00e30000000eaLa'))

)

I tested this logic by logging in as a non-adminstrator and went to an account where it's a record type that I should be able to edit.  When I try to edit the account name on one of these record types, I still get an error.  Is there another way I can exclude these record types so all users can edit the account name if it's a select record type?

• July 26, 2010

I built a custom object that has a date field.  Whenever the field is populated and the record is saved, I need to have that date automatically populated in a date field on the account object.  Does anyone know where I'd find the logic to build that?  I know I need a trigger, but our organization does not have any developers.

Hi,

We would like to add a checkbox to our account page.  When that box is checked, the shipping address is automatically populated with billing address when the record is saved.  I thought I could create a simple workflow and field update, but I can't seem to find a way in the formula to have fields auto-populated.  Is there a way for this to be done?

• August 23, 2010

Hello,

Our team has built a validation rule to make the account name field read-only for all users (except administrators) and for certain account record types.  Here is what we have:

OR (
(AND (ISCHANGED (Name ), $RecordType.Id != '01240000000M1ug')) ,
(AND (ISCHANGED (Name ), $RecordType.Id != '01240000000M1uW')) ,
(AND (ISCHANGED (Name ), $RecordType.Id != '01240000000M1ub')) ,
(AND (ISCHANGED (Name ), $Profile.Id !='00e30000000eaLa'))

)

I tested this logic by logging in as a non-adminstrator and went to an account where it's a record type that I should be able to edit.  When I try to edit the account name on one of these record types, I still get an error.  Is there another way I can exclude these record types so all users can edit the account name if it's a select record type?

• July 26, 2010

Hi everyone,

I need to make the Account Name field in the accounts tab read-only or make it not visible for a specific profile.

I've created a custom profile called Advance User. This profile has Edit rights but it doesn't have Create rights on accounts. When a user under this profile clicks on the edit button on the account’s detail page, the user can edit/change the name of the account (which is not good!).

I've tried setting up field-level security and in the page layout but neither of them allow me to change the account name field to read-only.

I even created a new layout and I assigned it to this profile, created a custom Formula (Text) field with the account name information; then included this new field in the new layout to replace the standard account name field and now the standard account name can’t be taken out of the layout. Is not allow either.

So, can anyone help me sort this out? I don’t want the Advance Users to change the name of the account.

I also tried a validation rule ischange() but standard fields doesn’t allow validation rules.

Any clues?