• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have an override on the View for an object with a Visualforce page. We would like to be able to add a button that returns them to the prior page. Something like the back to lists on standard pages. On a VF page under edit or new you get the retUrl and can reference it but that is not available on the view pages. 

Is there a way to add the Back functionality to a VF page when doing a view override?
I have a need to send an email from a custom object to an associated contact. I would also like to update the status on the custom object to show that the email is sent and allow a workflow to execute against it.  

I located the code to create the email but I would like to update the status field in one click. 

I found the following javascript code to update the field (I don't know JS). I tried to update the code to reflect it the way I thought it would work. But I get an error. 

{!requireScript("/soap/ajax/26.0/connection.js")}
var Library = new sforce.SObject("Color_Library__c");
Library.id = {!Color_Library__c.Id}

Library.Status__c = 'Tested';
sforce.connection.update([Library]);

The send email code is: 
location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Color_Library__c.Id}&p3_lkid={!Color_Library__c.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Color_Library__c.ContactId__c}&template_id=00XK0000000IM3s&p5=');

Is there a way to combine the code into one Javascript code and allow one button?

Any help is appreciated.
Dan
I have a need to send an email from a custom object to an associated contact. I would also like to update the status on the custom object to show that the email is sent and allow a workflow to execute against it.  

I located the code to create the email but I would like to update the status field in one click. 

I found the following javascript code to update the field (I don't know JS). I tried to update the code to reflect it the way I thought it would work. But I get an error. 

{!requireScript("/soap/ajax/26.0/connection.js")}
var Library = new sforce.SObject("Color_Library__c");
Library.id = {!Color_Library__c.Id}

Library.Status__c = 'Tested';
sforce.connection.update([Library]);

The send email code is: 
location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Color_Library__c.Id}&p3_lkid={!Color_Library__c.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Color_Library__c.ContactId__c}&template_id=00XK0000000IM3s&p5=');

Is there a way to combine the code into one Javascript code and allow one button?

Any help is appreciated.
Dan

Hello everybody,

I need to update a field on opportunity when Activity (event and not task) is moving from the activity related list 

to the activity history related list ,

any ideas ?

• November 01, 2010

As stated on other messages, I realize that this is not a supported App.  However, we are using Beta Chatter and I have followed the steps to install this app - GoogleAlertstoChatter.  It was easy to configure and in theory is very well received by our Sales and Management.  Not sure yet if it is working, since it is not clear where the notifications will be listed - I assume in the Chatter Notifications.   One problem issue is that whenever I do a merge of Accounts or Contacts, whether using Salesforce directly or Demand Tools, I am getting the following error email.  I need to know if this has to do with our Email Server, GoogleAlertstoChatter email, or something else with the APEX class. 

Apex script unhandled exception by user/organization: 00500000006uBVl/00D00000000heIs

Failed to invoke future method 'public static void executeGoogleAlertsCallouts(LIST:String, LIST:String, LIST:String)'

caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

Class.GoogleAlertToChatter.executeGoogleAlertsCallouts: line 239, column 63 External entry point

Debug Log:

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.