• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

What am I doing wrong here?  I want to make picklist name "Budget_Cap_Interval__c" required if field name "Budget_Cap__c" is populated with any value.  Can you help?

IF(
AND(
ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Daily"), 
ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Weekly"), 
ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Monthly"), 
ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Annually"), 
ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Through Year-End") 
),
(NOT(ISNULL(Budget_Cap__c))), 
TRUE, 
FALSE 
)

IF(

AND(

),

TRUE,

FALSE

)

I am getting the dreaded message below:

Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function IF(). Expected 3, received 4

• September 15, 2010

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is capability to default a section on an account record (or any other) to be minimized?  This could be very helpful for records that are particularly long, as ours are.

Here is all I could find about it.  Seems like an idea that has recieved a bit of support, but minimal news on it:  http://sites.force.com/ideaexchange/ideaView?id=08730000000Br4xAAC

Thanks.

• September 01, 2010

Hello,

I am trying to make a field required if a check box is selected, but I can't seem to get it right.  The check box is called "Is_Publisher_Currently_Live__c" and the field is called "AdSize_728x90__c."  

Below is what I created.  The problem is that the validation is not recognizing the "--None--" value of the picklist, since it is a default addition to the picklist.  As per someone's suggestion, I also tried to replace "--None--" with "empty," but to no avail.  Please help!

-----

AND( 
Is_Publisher_Currently_Live__c, 
ISPICKVAL( AdSize_728x90__c, "--None--") 
)

-----

Thanks,

Noah

Hello,

I am trying to make a field required if a check box is selected.  The check box is called "Is_Publisher_Currently_Live__c" and the field is called "AdSize_728x90__c."  

Below is what I did.  The problem is that the validation is not recognizing the "--None--" value of the picklist, since it is a default addition to the picklist.  Please help!

-----

AND( 
)

-----

Thanks,

Noah

I am having a big problem with this validation rule.  What am I doing wrong??  I want the validation to require that when "Demand Partner Numbers is selected in the picklist, both the DP Reporting Login URL and the DP Login Credentials fields are required.  Validation below.

=======

IF( 
AND( 
ISPICKVAL(Billing_Based_On__c,"Demand Partner Numbers"), 
OR( 
ISBLANK(DP_Reporting_Login_URL__c)), 
ISBLANK(DP_Login_Credentials__c)), 
TRUE, 
FALSE 
)

Hi there.  I can't seem to remove the "--none--" option in picklists...  I am sure it is an easy tweak, any thoughts?

Hi,

I'd like to use a validation rule to say that if a certain value is selected in a pick list, a currency field MUST be left blank in order to save the case.  I have used validations before saying that if a field value is selected, a field is MANDATORY, but not the other way around.  Details below:

Controlling pick list:  Integration__c

Value:  "PCI"

Currency field name:  Publisher_CPM__c

Can you help?  Thanks so much!

Hello,

I am desperate!  Is there a validation to set it so if "Integration__c" picklist has "PCI" selected, than "CPM__c" will be locked and unable to be edited?  I'd like it to be greyed out, or locked.  Please let me know if this is possible with validations, or if there is another way to do this.  Alternatively, if there is some other clever workaround, please let me know.

Thanks.

What am I doing wrong here?  I want to make picklist name "Budget_Cap_Interval__c" required if field name "Budget_Cap__c" is populated with any value.  Can you help?

IF(
AND(
),
TRUE, 
FALSE 
)

IF(

AND(

),

TRUE,

FALSE

)

I am getting the dreaded message below:

Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function IF(). Expected 3, received 4

• September 15, 2010

Hello,

I am trying to make a field required if a check box is selected.  The check box is called "Is_Publisher_Currently_Live__c" and the field is called "AdSize_728x90__c."  

Below is what I did.  The problem is that the validation is not recognizing the "--None--" value of the picklist, since it is a default addition to the picklist.  Please help!

-----

AND( 
)

-----

Thanks,

Noah

I am having a big problem with this validation rule.  What am I doing wrong??  I want the validation to require that when "Demand Partner Numbers is selected in the picklist, both the DP Reporting Login URL and the DP Login Credentials fields are required.  Validation below.

=======

IF( 
AND( 
ISPICKVAL(Billing_Based_On__c,"Demand Partner Numbers"), 
OR( 
ISBLANK(DP_Reporting_Login_URL__c)), 
ISBLANK(DP_Login_Credentials__c)), 
TRUE, 
FALSE 
)

Hi there.  I can't seem to remove the "--none--" option in picklists...  I am sure it is an easy tweak, any thoughts?

Hi,

I'd like to use a validation rule to say that if a certain value is selected in a pick list, a currency field MUST be left blank in order to save the case.  I have used validations before saying that if a field value is selected, a field is MANDATORY, but not the other way around.  Details below:

Controlling pick list:  Integration__c

Value:  "PCI"

Currency field name:  Publisher_CPM__c

Can you help?  Thanks so much!