• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
How to display records with a check box and update a field from selected record?

Hi,

I have a trigger on Account object in production environment. Although i have tried deactivating that trigger using n number of ways. But its not getting deactivated.

Now, i have lots of Account data to get uploaded using data loader. And i want that trigger not to fire.

Do we have any way to keep that trigger silent and let the complete data upload?? Thanks

Hi,

I have a trigger in production which is to be deactivated. I gace tried using several ways to deactivate it like:

1. I have tried using change set (i.e. Inbound changeset / outbound changeset)

2. Using eclipse set the triggers status value of the trigger to false and then deploy. but it did not work

3. Created a force.com project using the trigger and then tried to deploy but it is still non workable.

Please help me to get any other way to deactivate that trigger, it critical for me...

Hi,

I have one standard opportunity page layout, and on that page layout itself i need a button to upload a file, while page is in editable mode.

i have created a custom link and using that link i can attach a file, and that link is even getting displayed on the page layout. But gets disappear while the page is in editable mode.

Please suggest if there is any possible solution for this.

Hi,

I have two objects one standard and another custom. I have to create a related list relationship between two objects. I have tried using Junction objects and using Lookup fields onto the page. But nothing seems working. Please help me how can i achieve that.

Thanks

Hi,

I have created one custom object and in that object's page layout i need to create a lookup field i.e. for another standard object. On the custom object's page layout i have four another fields ( from the standard object) in read only form. And all these four fields value will get populated based on the lookup field's selected value.

I hope i am able to make you understand my issue.

Please help me as i am a fresher and new to this technology. I am desperate to learn this and somehow i come to know that i may get solution over here. Thanks

Hi,

I have created a custom link with Display type as "Detail Page Link". But while modifying the page layout, when i tried dragging that custom link on to the detail page layout, it reverts back i.e. it does not get saved in an editable section, or if it get saved inside a section that has only (Detail Page is checked inside the properties of that section), it do not get appear while creating a new and/or editing the existing record.

My requirement is to add a custom link on to the detail page and that should get appear while creating or editing the records.

Please let me know if anything else is required from my side. It has really become an important issue to resolve.

Hi,

I have the following trigger to deactivate, i do not know how to write the test method for this, can anyone please help me:

trigger Duplicate on Account (before insert, before update)
{

Map<String, Account> accountMap = new Map<String, Account>();

for (Account account : System.Trigger.new)
    {
        //expected to execute when converting leads to account
        String tempAccountSite = '';
        if (account.Site == null || account.Site == '')
        {
            account.Site = account.Lead_Site__c;

//force the formula of Account_Site_c since mapping of Lead Site to Account Site
            //occurs after this trigger
            tempAccountSite = account.Name + account.Lead_Site__c;
        }

// Make sure we don't treat an Account_Site that is
        // not changing during an update as a duplicate.
        if ((account.Account_Site__c != null) && (System.Trigger.isInsert ||
            (!account.Account_Site__c.EqualsIgnoreCase(System.Trigger.oldMap.get(account.ID).Account_Site__c))))
        {
            // Make sure another in the batch is not a duplicate
            if (accountMap.containsKey(account.Account_Site__c.ToLowerCase()))
            {
                account.addError('A Account is a duplicate - Account Name and Account Site already exists');
            }
            else if (tempAccountSite != '')
            {
                accountMap.put(tempAccountSite.ToLowerCase(), Account);
            }
            else
            {
                accountMap.put(account.Account_Site__c.ToLowerCase(), Account);
            }
        }
    }

for (Account account : [SELECT Account_Site__c from Account WHERE Account_Site__c IN :accountMap.KeySet()])
    {
        Account newAccount = accountMap.get(account.Account_Site__c.ToLowerCase());

if (newAccount != null)
        {
            newAccount.addError('B Account is a duplicate - Account Name and Account Site already exists');
        }
    }
}

Hi,

I have a trigger in production which is to be deactivated. I gace tried using several ways to deactivate it like:

1. I have tried using change set (i.e. Inbound changeset / outbound changeset)

2. Using eclipse set the triggers status value of the trigger to false and then deploy. but it did not work

3. Created a force.com project using the trigger and then tried to deploy but it is still non workable.

Please help me to get any other way to deactivate that trigger, it critical for me...

Hi,

I have one standard opportunity page layout, and on that page layout itself i need a button to upload a file, while page is in editable mode.

i have created a custom link and using that link i can attach a file, and that link is even getting displayed on the page layout. But gets disappear while the page is in editable mode.

Please suggest if there is any possible solution for this.

Hello!

I am trying to figure out a way through which I could trigger a workflow based on the value contained inside a formula field. I obviously can create a normal workflow, but that would allow me only to check the value at the instance when a record is created or edited. Is there any way of doing it EVERY time the value of a particular field changes?

Look forward to some encouraging solutions.

Best,

Pranav

Hi,

I have created one custom object and in that object's page layout i need to create a lookup field i.e. for another standard object. On the custom object's page layout i have four another fields ( from the standard object) in read only form. And all these four fields value will get populated based on the lookup field's selected value.

I hope i am able to make you understand my issue.

Please help me as i am a fresher and new to this technology. I am desperate to learn this and somehow i come to know that i may get solution over here. Thanks

Hi,

I have created a custom link with Display type as "Detail Page Link". But while modifying the page layout, when i tried dragging that custom link on to the detail page layout, it reverts back i.e. it does not get saved in an editable section, or if it get saved inside a section that has only (Detail Page is checked inside the properties of that section), it do not get appear while creating a new and/or editing the existing record.

My requirement is to add a custom link on to the detail page and that should get appear while creating or editing the records.

Please let me know if anything else is required from my side. It has really become an important issue to resolve.