• 335 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

How do you prevent a user from entering a double spaces in a text field?

We have a field that must be unique but users are getting around the issue by adding double spaces.

What would the validation be to prevent them from saving it?

Thank you in advance

• October 27, 2010

Hi there,

I am new to formula writing and am at the end of my teather  and embarrassed about it too as I think this ought to be very simple.

I have 2 Picklists; "Picklist 1_c" and "Picklist2_c" . The values withing the picklists are the same.

I need an email to be sent to User X if a record is created or edited and the value of Picklist1_c is equal to the value of Picklist2_c.

I have tried to use the IF function snad the ISPICKVAL but I dont seem to be winning.  I have been trying for 2 days and am losing the will to live - someone take pity on me.. pleeeease ??

Does anybody know of a way to write a formula for the following scenario:

I currently have a field labeled "Assumption".  This field is a picklist with "Yes" and "No" options.  Should I choose "Yes", I would like a new field to appear titled "Original Closed Date" so that the user can populate this field.  Should I pick "No", I would like this "Original Closed Date" field to remain hidden so that the user doesn't have to bother with data entry on this field. 

Is this possible?  Any ideas or suggestion I could get would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Tyler

Hi!

I have to make the "assigned to" field required based on the input of the "owner" field.

For example: if  "owner" is x, "assigned to" is required. If  "owner" is y, "assigned to" is not necessary.

Can someone please help with this.

thanks!

hi

I have to make certain fields required based on the input of other fields.

For example, i have two fields: "Phone" and "Mobile Phone", if phone is filled, mobile phone is not necessary. if mobile phone is filled, phone is not necessary.

Can someone please help with this.

thanks!

Hi,

I have two custom objects with a master detail-relationship. I have a approval process that updates status the field on the detail object to 'Approved' once the record is approved by the manager. When the status is updated to approved, I have a workflow rule on the detail object to update the status on the Master object. According to my process, when the status on the detail object is changed to approved, the status on the master object should be updated to 'Certified'. But the field update workflow is not working accordingly. 

The workflow rule criteria is Detail object :Status equals Approved.

Can anyone help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I have a link i'm trying to build and bring in two custom fields.

The link looks like this: http://intranet.msdsonline.com/Cambridge/Hanover/Orders/CSValet.aspx?Action=Edit&OID=155651&OIID=157856

OID= order_id__c

OIID= order_item_id__c

When i build out the link it looks like this HYPERLINK("http://intranet.msdsonline.com/Cambridge/Hanover/Orders/CSValet.aspx?Action=Edit&OID=" &Order_ID__c &OIID= Order_Item_ID__c,"View Order")

The above syntax says that OIID field is not found.  How can I get around this?

Thanks,

Mark

In this validation rule, it is ensuring that the end is either on or after the start.  This works fine if the dates are different, but if they are the same it should pass, but it's not doing so.  Any ideas?  I have confirmed that they are both of type date and neither is DateTime.

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how to create an email alert if a lookup field is changed?

This is probably a simple one for you guys out there?

Thanks again,

Justin

HI,

I have been asked to build a formula field that gives and image (Traffic Light) that shows the lowest rating from 3 separate pick lists, Account Management Status, BDM Status and Partner Status, all have RED, GREEN & YELLOW as pick list values. So is 2 out of 3 are green but one us Yellow then my Image field would show YELLOW or the lowest rating of the 3 Picklists.

Thank you

• September 17, 2010

Hi there,

my problem is..

Using the contact record as an example, if a contact is actually an employee of the company I work for and thus is marked as 'Internal' in the "type of contact" pick list. I only want certain fields to be available to fill in.

Depending on the first selection of type from the drop down list, determines what fields appear to be filled in.

Is this possible?

Also, would it be possible to only attach some related lists to some contact records? for example, if the contact is internal, then internal projects related list needs to be attached to the record.... but only to the record marked internal and not other external records.

Is this possible??? Help really would be appreciated!

• September 15, 2010

What am I doing wrong here?  I want to make picklist name "Budget_Cap_Interval__c" required if field name "Budget_Cap__c" is populated with any value.  Can you help?

IF(
AND(
ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Daily"), 
ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Weekly"), 
ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Monthly"), 
ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Annually"), 
ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Through Year-End") 
),
(NOT(ISNULL(Budget_Cap__c))), 
TRUE, 
FALSE 
)

IF(

AND(

ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Daily"), 

ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Weekly"),

ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Monthly"),

ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Annually"),

ISPICKVAL(Budget_Cap_Interval__c, "Through Year-End")

),

(NOT(ISNULL(Budget_Cap__c))),
TRUE,

FALSE

)

I am getting the dreaded message below:

Error: Incorrect number of parameters for function IF(). Expected 3, received 4

• September 15, 2010

Hello,

I am building an extension to the native salesforce Iphone application. Actually I am building a web tab that gets to save some fields of the opportunity line item. I have a problem though because it only saves them in the central salesforce database (instead of the local database of the Iphone). So I can only see the results of my saved object after it does syncing (which in some cases is as long as 10 minutes). Is there a way to have access to the local Iphone data and alter them using Web Tabs or some other way?

Thank you very much in advance.

Mike.

I want to generate a formula field that provides a discount of 30% from another field in an Opportunity. How do I do this in SalesForce? I created the field but need help creating the formula to compute this. Please help! Thank you

Larry

• November 19, 2010

Hello.

I have to lock opportunities for any editing (except by administrador) when the stage is Closed Won or Closed Lost, but this rule will prevail only 3 days after the close date.
Example: If the stage is Closed Won or Closed Lost and the Close Date is 10/10, everyone can edit the opportunity until 13/10. After this date only the administrator can edit the opportunity.

I have a code but the 3 days part don't work yet.

AND(OR(ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(StageName), "Closed Won"), ISPICKVAL(PRIORVALUE(StageName), "Closed Lost")), NOT( $User.Id = "00580000002yttt"))

thanks!

I created both a multi-select picklist and a formula field to pull values from the multi-select picklist. 

My formula is: IF(ISNULL( Software_Version__C),  0 ,  Software_Version__C)

However, I get an error saying: "Error" Software_Version__c is a multi-select picklist field.  Multi-select picklist fields are only supported in certain functions" with a link to the functions which show:

Multi-select picklist fields can only be used in the following functions:

• INCLUDES
  • ISBLANK
  • ISNULL
  • ISCHANGED (Only in assignment rules, validation rules, workflow field updates, and workflow rules in which the trigger type is set to Every time a record is created or edited)
  • PRIORVALUE (Only in assignment rules, validation rules, workflow field updates, and workflow rules in which the trigger type is set to Every time a record is created or edited)

Any suggestions???

• October 28, 2010

I'm trying to create a validation rule that if a picklist labeled "Category" is set to "Fall" then the Close Date must be September 1st (year doesn't matter).  I would also then expand the rule to cover the values of Winter, Spring and Summer and their corresponding dates but right now I am getting stuck on just the day and month.  I can validate just the day or just the month and it works as it should for those individual parts, but when I put the parts together it breaks.

So I can get it to work with this:

AND(IsPickVal(Category__c, "Fall"), Day(CloseDate)<>1)

OR this:

AND(IsPickVal(Category__c, "Fall"), Month(CloseDate)<>9)

But once I do this it stops checking the day and only validates on the month.

AND(IsPickVal(Category__c, "Fall"), Day(CloseDate)<>1, Month(CloseDate)<>9)

Any ideas as to why this is breaking and what I can do about it?

Thanks,

Amanda

I need to prevent my users from putting in (888)888-8888 into the phone field. Any help or direction would be appreciated.

• October 27, 2010

Hi there,

I am new to formula writing and am at the end of my teather  and embarrassed about it too as I think this ought to be very simple.

I have 2 Picklists; "Picklist 1_c" and "Picklist2_c" . The values withing the picklists are the same.

I need an email to be sent to User X if a record is created or edited and the value of Picklist1_c is equal to the value of Picklist2_c.

I have tried to use the IF function snad the ISPICKVAL but I dont seem to be winning.  I have been trying for 2 days and am losing the will to live - someone take pity on me.. pleeeease ??

Does anybody know of a way to write a formula for the following scenario:

I currently have a field labeled "Assumption".  This field is a picklist with "Yes" and "No" options.  Should I choose "Yes", I would like a new field to appear titled "Original Closed Date" so that the user can populate this field.  Should I pick "No", I would like this "Original Closed Date" field to remain hidden so that the user doesn't have to bother with data entry on this field. 

Is this possible?  Any ideas or suggestion I could get would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Tyler

Hi I have a simple task at hand, if the value remains in any one state for more than 24 hours, I want to notify the owner of followup.

However, isChange(Value) does not work on condition, unless it is everytime record is created or edited and time-based workflow is not fired on the values in this condition.

Any way I can achieve this?

HI,

I have been asked to build a formula field that gives and image (Traffic Light) that shows the lowest rating from 3 separate pick lists, Account Management Status, BDM Status and Partner Status, all have RED, GREEN & YELLOW as pick list values. So is 2 out of 3 are green but one us Yellow then my Image field would show YELLOW or the lowest rating of the 3 Picklists.

Thank you

• September 17, 2010