• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I have multiple orgs, and am not sure which one I signed up with for the webinar.

In any case, how do I verify if my ORG is REST enabled ?

Thanks

Hi,

I have a dev env, and have selected a managed package for development.

When I log in, I see a message "Developing package: XXXXXX - Latest Version"

Where XXXX is the name of my package.

It still shows XXXX as the name of my original chosen name, rather than the updated name.

However, my AppExchange listing with the same package, got updated !!!

Is this a bug ?

I have seen some comparison pages, that show the featrures of each version / edition.

But none of them have an Object by Object breakdown. They list features and some objects

However, I am trying to understand EXACTLY which objects are

1. Available ONLY in the "Sales Cloud"

2. Available ONLY in the "Service Cloud"

3. COMMON to both .

So am I correct in assuming that

A. Accounts & Contacts are COMMON to Sales & Service cloud ??

B.  Some things like Knowledge Base related objects are NOT availabe in the Sales Cloud.

Finally :-

If I have a customer that wants to use it all .

i.e Sales and Service capabilities.

Then which edition would they pick ?

Is the PE / EE / UE editions "COMMON" to Both Sales & Service cloud ?

Or is there

A PE for Sales Cloud and DIFFERENT PE for Service Cloud ? (I think not)

Also, the Free force.com EE and UE :- How do they differ on an Object By Object basis to the Sales/Service cloud ?

Force.com EE says "Access to CRM Accounts and Contacts" while on

detail comparision it defines CRM Objects as being Cases and Contracts etc 

Confusion Confusion !!!

Please help !                          

Hi,

I have 2 very related questions.

1. I would like to know, if its possible for a user visiting a Public site, built using visualforce but accessed

via a custom url, to be able to

Either via clicking  a link or

By being presented with a login form

To then jump directly to a salesforce app/tab, WITHOUT going to the login page that you see

when you go to force.com ?

2. Is the same approach available, if I am on a non-visualforce page ?

I.e I have a company intranet, and want to link / login to my salesforce app.

But I dont want my users to have to see the "Salesforce" logo / standard login page.

Thanks

The free edition does not provide CRM objects.

But what prevents me from copying (manually, field by field) the definitiions of these objects from

a DE account to a free account ?

Apart from that, there may be other related things like pages / layouts and even apex code that I am not aware of,

that adds the "CRM" functionality.

But is it not then possible to copy all this over, one by one ??

So I am curious what may prevent this, so that I can better understnad what makes the CRM application

/ Standard objects so "special"

Is it that there is simply a lot of Apex code that is not visible to a developer ?

Is ti workflows / reports ??

As you can guess, I am very new to this platform, but have some very basic Siebel / CRM experience.

I'm getting ready to release some PHP example code for the REST API, and I think I'm close but I'm hitting a problem. I've made it through the OAuth dance, but I'm receiving this error response when I actually try to make an API call:

[{"message":"The REST API is currently in pilot, and is not enabled for your organization.","errorCode":"API_DISABLED_FOR_ORG"}]

From the previous thread I understand that this is a separate permission from the main API one that's enabled by default for Developer Edition accounts. How can I turn that permission on?

Here's the code as it stands:

http://github.com/petewarden/salesforce_restphp_example/blob/master/index.php

And here's a live demo:

https://www.openheatmap.com/labs/salesforce_restphp_example/index.php

The free edition does not provide CRM objects.

But what prevents me from copying (manually, field by field) the definitiions of these objects from

a DE account to a free account ?

Apart from that, there may be other related things like pages / layouts and even apex code that I am not aware of,

that adds the "CRM" functionality.

But is it not then possible to copy all this over, one by one ??

So I am curious what may prevent this, so that I can better understnad what makes the CRM application

/ Standard objects so "special"

Is it that there is simply a lot of Apex code that is not visible to a developer ?

Is ti workflows / reports ??

As you can guess, I am very new to this platform, but have some very basic Siebel / CRM experience.