• 10 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Am I correct that in order to have any validation in communities for the communities I need to recreate the whole page?  I can't add validation rules in via another method. 

Suggestions. 
  • September 15, 2017
We have many processes that change field values (Apex Triggers, Workflows, Process Builders).  Many were built over years and never cleaned up.  There are always questions of "why" something changed and then it involves looking into all the process that modify it and determine which one was the last to make the change.  Is there anything that allows us to log when something(a process) changes a field to show to the users or our admin?  

Example.  
Apex updates status to new
Workflow 1 updates status to old
Workflow 2 updates status to new
Process builder updates status to hello

Then the users would see the log of all that happened.  OR even if we can provide this flow to the admins who don't know code or how to dig into some of the process builders.  

Currently, my idea is to create 2 new fields (text and date) for each field that needs to be monitored.  Then modify all the areas that update the field (apex, workflow, process builder) to also log into the text field the name of the process and date.  It would then at least give the last item that updated the field.  

Any thoughts?  

How do I use navigateToURL to navigate to the edit mode of the object.  I am using javascript and I can get to the standard page but nothing works for edit.  I can't use editRecord becasue I have created a custom button to override the default edit button.  We need the functionality in SF1 to be different than classic.  I got everything but going to edit mode in SF1.  I do have the ID.  

There is a feature/tool that can be used that will run some basic analysis on your org and email you a report back on different items.  I can't remember the name or find it by google.  Any ideas?

Thanks.
  • September 25, 2015
I have a page that on load pulls from an outside webservice.  This webservice may have issue and therefore won't display data.  I display an error to the user but I want to create a case that is assigned to a group of people in the compnay so it can be worked on.  I am unable to create a case when the page is being loaded due to DML restrictions. 

My Idea: create a checkbox and have it check so that when the error is caught it is cheked and initiates the action method.  This doesn't seem to work as I had planned.

Is anyone doing this and how?

I have 3 partner portals.  I want to use only 1 Profile.  Therefore I only want 1 page layout to be used by all 3.  When the user enters in information a message needs to be sent out to certain people(different for each partner) to let them know a new lead, account was created. 

I also need to document on the Lead and Account which Partner portal the lead came from.   How can I do this?  Thanks this is my first time setting up partner portals.

Tena

• September 17, 2010
Am I correct that in order to have any validation in communities for the communities I need to recreate the whole page?  I can't add validation rules in via another method. 

Suggestions. 
  • September 15, 2017
I have a page that on load pulls from an outside webservice.  This webservice may have issue and therefore won't display data.  I display an error to the user but I want to create a case that is assigned to a group of people in the compnay so it can be worked on.  I am unable to create a case when the page is being loaded due to DML restrictions. 

My Idea: create a checkbox and have it check so that when the error is caught it is cheked and initiates the action method.  This doesn't seem to work as I had planned.

Is anyone doing this and how?

We have a partner portal where the user logs in and give us lead information that then turns into accounts.  They should be able to see what accounts came from them but no other accounts.  Right now they can see everything.  I have checked the profile and it only has Read and Create access on (Accounts, Contacts, Leads).  I looked at their Role and they are at the bottom of the chain(no one below them). 

How are they seeing all this information?

Thanks,

Tena

• August 12, 2010