• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey All-

I'm trying to create a validation rule that says the following:

If a check box field "z" is  checked(true), then date field "x" and date field "y" cannot have any value entered into them. Please let me know if any of those requirements need clarification. Thanks.

Hey everyone,

We have a bunch of different case recrod types for different processes and I would like to be able to trigger a new task on "x" record type when a date field is populated on "y" record type. I haven't seen a way to do that with workflows. Is it possible or is there another way around it? Thanks.

Hey Everyone,

I'm pretty new with validation rules and was hoping to get some help with writing one on a task. Here are the requirements-

I don't want a user to be able to mark a task completed unless four checkboxes are marked true on the task first.

So i guess it would be something if w,x,y,z checkboxes are "false" status can't equal "completed" or something like that.

Thanks for your help!

Hey Everyone,

One of my users was just setup in salesforce. Her password is set to never expire and when she logs out, she can log back in no problem. However, when she closes her browser and opens it back, it makes her set a new password EVERYTIME? She was using IE, so i told her to  try Mozilla Firefox and it's still doing the same thing. I guess this may be more of a browser/general computer question but it's only happening to her signing in to salesforce. any thoughts? Thanks.

Hey everyone

I'm trying to get a text output from a number formula. Basically, I want the formula to say,  IF (Today) > Due Date = "Status Critical", or IF (Today) <= Due Date = "Status Normal". is there anyway to generate this custom fourmula field so i can stick it on a task report? Thanks for your help!

Hey everyone,

trying to figure out a workflow trigger to send out an e-mail...I need to have an e-mail reminder fire off to a user if field "x" has not been populated by date "x". However, if the field is populated between now and date "x" I don't want the rule to trigger. Any ideas how to do that? I'm thinking time-based workflow but can't figure out quite how to set it up. thanks for you help!

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get a "comment" related list onto a custom object similar to the "case comment" related list on the case object. Anyone know of a way to either get the same comment list onto a custom object or build a related list that functions like the case comment related list? thanks. 

This is driving me crazy...All i want is a matrix report that lists by assigned task owner (row group) their open tasks with subject and due date....that part is good, but also want to list the account name that each open task is associated with...this would seem like a simple drag and drop field into the report, but i cannot create a report where account is a field to drag into the report. can anyone help with this? Hopefully i'm just overlooking something simple. Thanks!

Hey everyone,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get e-mails out to multiple users in the same role? I have case teams with multiple users in the same role... for example I have 2 pricing analysts on one case team. If i send an e-mail to recipient: "Case Team: Prcing Analyst" will that get the e-mail to both users? Thanks.

Hi,

I have a couple of user profiles that I don't want to be able to see certain record types on the case object. I thought removing these record types from their profiles would do this. Turns out, removing those record types only means those profiles can't create those types of cases. Ideally I do not want these profiles to see these record types at all i.e. when they search for cases etc. Is there any way to accomplish this with profiles or do I need to go about this differently? Thanks.

Jack

I have two date fields that I'm trying to reference in a workflow to send out an e-mail alert. One date field - "Pricing Completed" - will be filled in when a task is completed. The other date field "Pricing Due Date" is a due date field filled in when the case is created. I want the workflow to trigger if "Pricing Completed" field is null and Today() is 2 days past the "Pricing Due Date". Basically alerting someone if they've missed their due date by 2 days. Is it possible to get this to trigger without someone editing the case - just the date changing to the next day? Thanks!

We use cases as a way to manage change and before a case can be saved, due dates are set on the case for different steps of the process.For example, a "Pricing Due Date" field is populated with a date before the case is created. There is also a coinciding field called "Pricing Complete" where the pricing analyst must enter the date when they complete the pricing. I want to notify the case owner If "Pricing Comlete" is null and "Pricing Due Date" is 48 hours past. So basically, if a pricing analyst misses their due date by 2 days, i want to notify the case owner. Can this be accomplished with the way escalation rule triggers work or is there a better way to go about it? Thanks for your help!

Hey All-

I'm trying to create a validation rule that says the following:

If a check box field "z" is  checked(true), then date field "x" and date field "y" cannot have any value entered into them. Please let me know if any of those requirements need clarification. Thanks.

Hey everyone,

We have a bunch of different case recrod types for different processes and I would like to be able to trigger a new task on "x" record type when a date field is populated on "y" record type. I haven't seen a way to do that with workflows. Is it possible or is there another way around it? Thanks.

Hey Everyone,

I'm pretty new with validation rules and was hoping to get some help with writing one on a task. Here are the requirements-

I don't want a user to be able to mark a task completed unless four checkboxes are marked true on the task first.

So i guess it would be something if w,x,y,z checkboxes are "false" status can't equal "completed" or something like that.

Thanks for your help!

Hey everyone

I'm trying to get a text output from a number formula. Basically, I want the formula to say,  IF (Today) > Due Date = "Status Critical", or IF (Today) <= Due Date = "Status Normal". is there anyway to generate this custom fourmula field so i can stick it on a task report? Thanks for your help!

Hey everyone,

trying to figure out a workflow trigger to send out an e-mail...I need to have an e-mail reminder fire off to a user if field "x" has not been populated by date "x". However, if the field is populated between now and date "x" I don't want the rule to trigger. Any ideas how to do that? I'm thinking time-based workflow but can't figure out quite how to set it up. thanks for you help!

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to get a "comment" related list onto a custom object similar to the "case comment" related list on the case object. Anyone know of a way to either get the same comment list onto a custom object or build a related list that functions like the case comment related list? thanks. 

Hi,

I have a couple of user profiles that I don't want to be able to see certain record types on the case object. I thought removing these record types from their profiles would do this. Turns out, removing those record types only means those profiles can't create those types of cases. Ideally I do not want these profiles to see these record types at all i.e. when they search for cases etc. Is there any way to accomplish this with profiles or do I need to go about this differently? Thanks.

Jack

I have two date fields that I'm trying to reference in a workflow to send out an e-mail alert. One date field - "Pricing Completed" - will be filled in when a task is completed. The other date field "Pricing Due Date" is a due date field filled in when the case is created. I want the workflow to trigger if "Pricing Completed" field is null and Today() is 2 days past the "Pricing Due Date". Basically alerting someone if they've missed their due date by 2 days. Is it possible to get this to trigger without someone editing the case - just the date changing to the next day? Thanks!