• 5 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm trying to retrieve all Tasks in our Salesforce instance, including those that were archived more than 12 months ago. Since we have over 3 million records, I decided to try the bulk api. It seemed promising until I ran into this error:

MALFORMED_QUERY: ALL ROWS not allowed in this context

Does bulk-api not support querying for archived tasks? I believe you simply include 'ALL ROWS' at the end of your SOQL query to retrieve deleted and archived records. Is there another way to do this using the bulk api? If not, this seems like a huge limitation. Archived tasks seem like a prime candidate for the bulk api.

Here's an example of one of my queries:

Select Id from Task Where CreatedDate >= 2013-01-01T00:00:00z and CreatedDate < 2013-03-01T00:00:00z ORDER BY Id ASC ALL ROWS

In the spirit of full discloser, I posted this on StackExchange (http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/27326/how-to-query-archived-tasks-using-bulk-api)but we haven't yet been able to find  a dinitive solution.  I thought this mighte be a wider audience that could help.  Perhaps Bulk API is more geared towrads data uploads to Salesforce instead of querying.  I would love it if someone could tell me if running these queries via multiple SOQL queries (queryAll()) would yield similar performance.

Any help is appreciated, Andrew

I realize that OAuth is most useful when the user is working in a web application or desktop application that redirects to the Salesforce login screen to authenticate.  However, to start testing the wonders to the new REST API, I wanted to write a simple program without a front-end but would still allow me to authenticate using OAuth2.  Once authorized I would be able to call the normal REST commands.  I can't figure out how to login programmatically without using proxy classes for the SOAP API.

Is it possible to authenticate with only GETs and POSTs using Salesforce's OAuth2 service?  I'm primarily using Java and would like to use HttpGet and HttpPost to authenticate before issuing REST commands.  Any samples are appriciated.  I would obviously just put my Salesforce login credentials in my code for now.  This is just for testing.  I would like to test without having to run a full-blown web application for authentication purposes.

Andrew

I'm a little baffled on why I'm getting this error when I validate my deployment against our full sandbox.  I'm able to save my class fine in my own developer sandbox but my deployment validation fails against full sandbox.

I realize Sets only recently gained support for containing sObjects.  With that in mind, I updated the apiVersion in all of my classes' *.cls-meta.xml file to version 19.0.

Does anyone know why I'm still receiving this error?  It's like my apiVersion number is being ignored.

Here's the full failure error:

Error: classes/OpportunitySplitterController.cls(OpportunitySplitterController):Set of SOBJECT:OpportunityLineItem not allowed
Error: classes/OpportunitySplitterControllerTests.cls(62,58):Dependent class is invalid and needs recompilation:
OpportunitySplitterController: line -1, column -1: Set of SOBJECT:OpportunityLineItem not allowed

I'm trying to retrieve all Tasks in our Salesforce instance, including those that were archived more than 12 months ago. Since we have over 3 million records, I decided to try the bulk api. It seemed promising until I ran into this error:

Does bulk-api not support querying for archived tasks? I believe you simply include 'ALL ROWS' at the end of your SOQL query to retrieve deleted and archived records. Is there another way to do this using the bulk api? If not, this seems like a huge limitation. Archived tasks seem like a prime candidate for the bulk api.

Select Id from Task Where CreatedDate >= 2013-01-01T00:00:00z and CreatedDate < 2013-03-01T00:00:00z ORDER BY Id ASC ALL ROWS

In the spirit of full discloser, I posted this on StackExchange (http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/27326/how-to-query-archived-tasks-using-bulk-api)but we haven't yet been able to find  a dinitive solution.  I thought this mighte be a wider audience that could help.  Perhaps Bulk API is more geared towrads data uploads to Salesforce instead of querying.  I would love it if someone could tell me if running these queries via multiple SOQL queries (queryAll()) would yield similar performance.

I realize that OAuth is most useful when the user is working in a web application or desktop application that redirects to the Salesforce login screen to authenticate.  However, to start testing the wonders to the new REST API, I wanted to write a simple program without a front-end but would still allow me to authenticate using OAuth2.  Once authorized I would be able to call the normal REST commands.  I can't figure out how to login programmatically without using proxy classes for the SOAP API.

Is it possible to authenticate with only GETs and POSTs using Salesforce's OAuth2 service?  I'm primarily using Java and would like to use HttpGet and HttpPost to authenticate before issuing REST commands.  Any samples are appriciated.  I would obviously just put my Salesforce login credentials in my code for now.  This is just for testing.  I would like to test without having to run a full-blown web application for authentication purposes.

Andrew