• 1043 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello. I am aware that links on a visualforce page in a site are not displayed by default, after finding the answer on here:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Sites_FAQ

Q: The Visualforce page I've created for Sites doesn't seem to work correctly with Person Accounts. Internally links are active for that Visualforce page, but as Sites no links are active. This doesn't occur for any other native or custom object.

A: Links to Accounts and Contacts are not generated if your site is linked with a portal. You can generate them yourself by hand, but apex:outputLink will not. If you don't like this behavior, please suggest it as an idea on the Idea Exchange.

But I would like to know if there is a way around this or if there is a way to override this, as we do need links to contacts, accounts, etc. to be displayed on our site. Would creating a custom link work? Thank you!

Can anyone help me with how i can pull twitter feeds on to the site.com pages.

Is there a way I can force a refresh of my Site?  I have updated the template to a custom one, but the default standard SiteTemplate still appears.

Hello,

In order to provide personalized user experience on our upcoming website, we need to provide user's the ability to login to our website (which will be developed on SiteForce.com). 

Need pointers to achieve this functionality.

Thanks!

Ketan

Hi,

If i have a force.com site page on a domain and a siteforce page on another domain.Can we navigate from force.com site page to siteforce page,keeping in mind the session and the authentication of the user?Any solution for this.

Regards,

Gaurav Gulanjkar

According to the metadata API, the Custom Site component is supported.  I see the '.site' XML metadata file in the Force.com IDE for my site and can select it when building a deployment from there; however, when I build a Change Set through the Web UI in my Org there is no Custom Site component (or anything even close to Site aside from Remote Site which is different) choice in the Component picklist.

What gives?  Why would it show up in the Force.com IDE as a component category choice, but not as a Component option in the Change Set Web UI's component picklist?

Thanks.

hi,

i am building a site on site.com for multilpe languages..so how to achive this?

will i need to code for this?

Regards,

Gaurav Gulanjkar

I know I can define a favicon for a Site, but can I define it for a portal, like a Customer Portal?

Our sites are not being able to be used with https.  It appears that the certificate salesforce has for SSL is not valid.  our site is

https://hhs.force.com/

When I look at the certificate, it has been issued for slotmatching3.salesforce.com by Akamai Subordinate CA 3.

We use sites for entering form information for an application, and it is essential that our customers use https.  Is anybody else having this problem?  Does anyone have any information about this?

I opened a support ticket early yesterday and they are still "researching..."

Looking through the documentation below, I found this, which is happening even though ours is out of a production org.

"Only production organizations have the valid secure.force.com SSL certificates to access sites using HTTPS.
Note: If a site within a sandbox (non-production) organization is accessed using HTTPS, a certificate name
mismatch warning may appear."

reference: https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_platform_portal_implementation_guide.pdf

Hi,

I need to create a tab panel interface in Siteforce, like the one we can get using the <apex:tabPanel> and <apex:tab> in force.com Sites. Is it possible in Siteforce?, how?

Thanks in advanced

• November 10, 2011

I have not been able to find Siteforce licensing and pricing information. Please point me in the right direction?

Hi,

We are planning to build "Customer Portal" using VisualForce and Apex Code.Can we build the same with SiteForce?

Thanks,

I'm having a number of problems with CSS in siteforce: 

• if I set the main panel to use an ID #main and hit apply, when I go back later, siteforce has converted from the CSS #main to an inline definition - is this expected? 
  • I can't use selectors of the form div#main - no a big deal, but that is a standard syntax
  • NONE of the combinators work - that's a real pain and will require a significant re-write of my existing stylesheets. In particular the decendent combinator doesn't appear to be supported! 

I wholeheartedly agree with the documentation - use CSS instead of the inline styles - but siteforce is NOT making this easy!!!!! 

Am I missing something? Is there an option or some syntax in the Style Pane I'm missing? 

BTW: I can understand why the product doesn't do this - it's not easy getting this right. But it would be nice to know if this is pilot error or if planned for a future release. 

• October 28, 2011

Hi all,

I'm a very beginner in salesforce and probably my question is quite trivial to most of you but I hope to find a quick answer here

The idea is to make our Customer Portal accessable via Salesforce Sites, so I can access the portal through a link such as "companyname.force.com/portal" or similar.

I know that I can create visualforce pages and link them to sites. My question is now: Do I have to create a visualpage which contains exactly the same content as the article overview of my customer portal or is there an easier way of connecting my sites page to the portal.

I hope I described it clearly enough. :)

Thanks in advance.

Konstantin

error message goes on, "An account owner must be associated with a role to enable portal users or transfer portal users to his or her account."

I'm lost. I'm trying to setup website authenticated user access to a force.com site.  I am the only Enterprise user, all other users are guests or website authenticated.  I assume that I am the account owner, but I can't find the field that I need to change to make this work. I know someone will probably need more info than this to help, but don't know what else to provide. 

Please ask away!

thank you

How can i access the data from  meta data Api  using javascript call?

Thanks

There is one system, which has exposed their API through DLL. I want to use that DLL in Salesforce.

For example, DLL have one class and has one function under it called login. I want to use this function in Salesforce.

How can I achieve this? Is their any way I can convert DLL to WSDL and import into Salesforce, or any other way?

There is one system, which has exposed their API through DLL. I want to use that DLL in Salesforce.

For example, DLL have one class and has one function under it called login. I want to use this function in Salesforce.

How can I achieve this? Is their any way I can convert DLL to WSDL and import into Salesforce, or any other way?

Hi,

I've found the IP ranges you list which we could whitelist in order to always accept requests from SF.

My question is this: "Are the IP ranges listed also valid when using Sites?"

I.e. say we have a login page for a Site and from that login page we communicate with our own product using Http Callout. Will those requests originate from an IP within the SF IP Range or is the behaviour different in that case?

Cheers.
Søren Nødskov Hansen

Hi! I would like to know: I have activated one site. I need that one page (with direct link ) to give acces for editing, adding new records; the other one just for reading the public records. Do I need two guest licenses in this case ? Thank you. 

How to avoid the new contact creation in Site.createPortalUser(u, accountId, null);Because I have the contact.I don't need to create a new one.I am updating the existing contact to the creating portal user.Is it possible?

My code:

contactId= ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('conatctid');

Contact c = [Select c.Update_Information__c, c.Top_Investor__c, c.Top_Account__c,
c.Title, c.Temporary_Email__c, c.Tags__c, c.SystemModstamp, c.Starred__c, c.Seller__c, c.Salutation, c.Residential_Subcategory__c,
c.ReportsToId, c.Regional_Interest_s__c, c.Phone, c.OwnerId, c.Other_Geographic_Preference__c, c.OtherStreet
From Contact c
WHERE id = :contactId];

private User createUsers(){
User u = new User();
u.FirstName = firstName;
u.LastName = lastName ;
u.companyName = CompanyName;
u.Email = email;
u.Username = email;
if (email.length() > 40)
u.CommunityNickname = email.substring(0,39);
else
u.CommunityNickname = email;
u.FederationIdentifier = email;
u.ShareFile_Password__c = sfPassword;
u.ContactId = contact.Id;
return u;
}

Account acc = new Account(Name = CompanyName);
acc.ownerId = ownerId;
insert acc;
system.debug('::::acc:::::::::::::'+acc);
accountId = acc.id;

String userId = Site.createPortalUser(u, accountId, null);

But this code generate the new contact for newly created portal user.How to avoid the new contact create?How to assign the existing contact to this newly created portal user?

Hi all,

We have created two to three customer portal. The problem is how to mask the URL in secure site?

For eg) www.something.com is the domain

Our CP - https://www.something.secure.force.com/apex/VFpage

I want it to be https://www.something.com/apex/VFpage in CP . Is that Possible to achieve?

I need to know how to mask the secured site URL(i.e https) in CP. Please provide some help

Thanks

Marris

• April 05, 2013

I am having trouble getting the Site.com Tab to show up in my salesforce toolbar.  I have followed the directions for the following help link and still can't get it to show up.  I opened a case with salesforce help and they said it was a developer issue and couldn't help.  Does anyone know how to troubleshoot getting the Site.com tab to show.  

Here is the link to the help overview that I have followed : https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=siteforce_hometab.htm&language=en_US

Hello All,

We have site for passenger registration form. When we click a button on Opportunity, the email will be sent to the passenger with link requesting to fill the form and submit the details.

Now the problem is when the passenger clicks on the link in his mail the link is getting opened without the HTTPS.

The actual link in email is like this https://secure.travel.com/VF_BookingDetails?id=a06G000000MVuO5IAL.

But when the passenger clicks on the above link its opening like this secure.travel.com/VF_BookingDetails?id=a06G000000MVuO5IAL

Its a secure page. we want it to get encrypted and also the page should open with starting HTTPS://

Thanks,

Uday

• April 04, 2013

I've faced with an issue during creating FeedItem via Portal user. Once I've inserted FeedItems, I got an error:

System.DmlException: Insert failed. First exception on row 0; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, Entity is read-only: FeedItem:

I found a some old posts:

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Chatter-and-Chatter-API/Chatter-and-Site-Chatter-and-Customer-Portal/m-p/176825#M96

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Chatter-and-Chatter-API/Is-Chatter-accessible-to-the-Company-Portal-users/m-p/226361/highlight/true#M573
http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Chatter-and-Chatter-API/Is-it-possible-to-enable-Chatter-to-Customer-Portal-User/m-p/361239/highlight/true#M1294
http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Chatter-and-Chatter-API/Exception-when-triggering-a-Post-Feed-from-a-Portal-User/m-p/274481/highlight/true#M867

And they are saying that Chatter is not Available for the Portals (but is available for Sites). But probably it is old information? Does anybody know how to create FeedItem via Portak User?

I was going to store values into Attachment (sObject) and create scheduled batch which should process records from Attachments: create appropriate FeedItems and delete "converted" records from Attachments. But in this very case Owner of FeedItems will be SF User (who scheduled the batch). And as I don't have Public access in OWD to the Custom Object where FeedItems will be posted - I can't see these feeditems via my logged Portal User...

If I find a way to post FeedItems via Portal User it will solve my problem. Does anybody faced with such issue?

Thank you!

Julia

Is it possible to add webfonts in a site.com website?

• April 03, 2013

Just wondering if anyone has a simple example of Hadoop & SF together.

I have looked at  Narayans use case article but just wondering if anyone may have a simpler implementation without getting much into pig script or other code. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

N

Hello. I am aware that links on a visualforce page in a site are not displayed by default, after finding the answer on here:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Sites_FAQ

Q: The Visualforce page I've created for Sites doesn't seem to work correctly with Person Accounts. Internally links are active for that Visualforce page, but as Sites no links are active. This doesn't occur for any other native or custom object.

A: Links to Accounts and Contacts are not generated if your site is linked with a portal. You can generate them yourself by hand, but apex:outputLink will not. If you don't like this behavior, please suggest it as an idea on the Idea Exchange.

But I would like to know if there is a way around this or if there is a way to override this, as we do need links to contacts, accounts, etc. to be displayed on our site. Would creating a custom link work? Thank you!

I incorrectly uploaded a batch of images into the assets section, I want to delete them.

I then discovered I could only delete one by one and in fact actually there was no file manager at all to manage the assets section. Just one flat view of the files.

Please advice if I am missing something and how you manage assets in Site.com

Thanks

Richard

Is there any other Captcha implementation that supports force.com apart from Recaptcha?

Recaptcha words are very cryptic and difficult to enter even for a valid user.

Thanks

Rohit

• March 20, 2013

I am using a custom Site.

When a user forgets their password there is an option where I can reset the password then send it to their email address.  using this call which works fine:

Site.forgotPassword(username);

When the user tries to log in for the first time using their new password they are directed to the Site defined

Change Password VF  user interface/Page.  The force.com change password process is to populate the first apex:inputSecret field with the old password.  This old password is always wrong.

Site.changePassword(newPassword, verifyNewPassword, oldpassword);  

This call works as designed, it is telling me that the old password is wrong.  When I enter the correct password it works fine.  It is only when the ChangePassword VF page is displayed with the wrong old password is where I am having problems.

Is there a work around for getting the correct old password?  Can I make force.com give me the correct old password?

Thanks.

Tom

We have created a login page in Visualforce for our Customer Portal, and it works fine. However if I have a URL to a specific object on the Portal and I paste it in the URL, I end up at the standard SF Portal login page.

Where can I change this behaviour so that instead I am presented with our custom VF page?

Thanks!

It is possible to enable Sales force chatter in Partner portal ?

Hi all 

How to get attachment from salesforce attachments in site.com page. 

Thanks 

Hi,

I have one requirement , that is build a table and hold the information and then have these pages generated dynamically.  is this possible ? Please let me know, 

The page data come from table dynamically in site.com page.

Thanks 

Krishna

Can anyone help me with how i can pull twitter feeds on to the site.com pages.

Hi all,

I have a requirement for customer portal users to login from force.com site. This is working fine by passing username and password to secur/login_portal.jsp.

However, once they logs in, I have to set cookies for their username (not password) and next time, when they click on Sign In, I have to automatically login them to their portal page.

I am not able to do this as I cannot access portal user's password in secur/login_portal.jsp. Any idea on how to get password for portal users so that I can automatically login them if their cookie contains username.

Thanks,

R

Hi,

I have created a visual force page for registration and have added that under sites and have enabled self registration and customer portal as well. I am getting an error while using the authenticated site as

Error:

Username: Required fields are missing: [Username, Last Name, E-mail, Alias, Community Nickname, Time Zone, Locale, Email Encoding, Profile, Language].

I am using most of the standard SiteRegister functionality , and it works fine with SiteRegister page, but my custom visual force page is not working.

Please help me with the issue.

Thanks

Manju

• September 11, 2012

Hi,

Can we store 40MB MP4 file in salesforce and display the video in the website.How to achive this?

Thanks,

Gaurav