• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Has anyone had experiences integrating C code into a salesforce application? How do we do about it? The C code does some complex calculations on salesforce data  I would like to have a VF page or something else to display the results generated by the C program. Thanks very much for any ideas or advices in advance on how to do it.

• November 13, 2010

On VisualForce developer's guide page 54. It says: "

As with queries in the Force.com API, you can use merge field syntax to retrieve data from related records:

you can use of the owner of the account record that is associated with the contact.

You can traverse up to five levels of child-to-parent relationships. For example, if using the Contact standard controller, {!contact.Account.Owner.FirstName} (a three-level child-to-parent relationship) to return the name."

I tried and no data returned.

To be more specific, I have two lookup fields defined in my child object to lookup the campaign1 and campaign2 names and one lookup field just to the campaign object.

I would like to retrieve several campaign attributes for Campaign 1 and campaign 2 and display them on my VF page. How do I do it? Below is what I have now:

<apex:page standardController="child__c" >
<apex:form >

<apex:outputField value="{!child__c.campaign__r.Name}" />

<apex:outputField value="{!child__c.campaign__r.NumberSent}" />

</apex:form>
</apex:page>

It does not display any values now. The problem is that I have two campaigns that I would like to retrieve the name and number sent values. the above code won't do it.

Thank you!

• October 14, 2010

On VisualForce developer's guide page 54. It says: "

As with queries in the Force.com API, you can use merge field syntax to retrieve data from related records:

you can use of the owner of the account record that is associated with the contact.

You can traverse up to five levels of child-to-parent relationships. For example, if using the Contact standard controller, {!contact.Account.Owner.FirstName} (a three-level child-to-parent relationship) to return the name."

I tried and no data returned.

To be more specific, I have two lookup fields defined in my child object to lookup the campaign1 and campaign2 names and one lookup field just to the campaign object.

I would like to retrieve several campaign attributes for Campaign 1 and campaign 2 and display them on my VF page. How do I do it? Below is what I have now:

<apex:page standardController="child__c" >
<apex:form >

<apex:outputField value="{!child__c.campaign__r.Name}" />

<apex:outputField value="{!child__c.campaign__r.NumberSent}" />

</apex:form>
</apex:page>

It does not display any values now. The problem is that I have two campaigns that I would like to retrieve the name and number sent values. the above code won't do it.

Thank you!

• October 14, 2010

Hi ALL

I've created a custom object call Quotation and I would like to create a visual force page

in Quotation Tab that will access information in Account, Contacts and other customer object as well

I have a field in Quotation call Account_Name which is reference to the name of the account....

I don't know why I cannot call the field with the following code, please help !!!

<apex:smileytongue:age standardController="Quotation__c">

{!Quotation__c.Account.Name}

</apex:smileytongue:age>

This is the error message I can see...

Error : Invalid field Account for SObject Quotation__c

• March 09, 2009