• 25 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am having trouble displaying a simple hyperlink.  I have a custom object called "someobject".  it has a field called "some_url" of type Formula.  The formula is below.

HYPERLINK('http://www.google.com', 'google' , '_blank')

the field outputs "Text".

So i have a custom controller/visualforce page for someobject.  It has a public member var with an instance of someobject that gets referenced all over the page with no problems.  I try to add this:

<apex:outputText value="{!someobject.some_url__c}" />

hoping to see a hyperlink that says "google".  Instead I get nothing.

Can someone lead me on the path here?  Much thanks.

I am trying to reveal an <apex:inputField> dynamically, specifically a date field.  It is part of an "Additional Info" pageblock section that looks like this.
<apex:pageBlockSection id="additionalInfo" title="Additional Status
Info">
    <apex:inputField rendered="{!show_a1}" value="{!mii.AI_01_Date__c}"/>
Above this, I have a nifty selection that forces a rerender of this pageBlockSection
<apex:inputField value="{!mii.Status__c}" >
   <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!filterMandatoryInput}"
                       rerender="additionalInfo"/> 
</apex:inputField>

So that is working fine.  When a user selects a status dropdown, additionalInfo rerenders, the show_a1 boolean gets flipped accordingly, and the AI_01_Date field suddenly appears.

The problem is that the screen did not originally render with a Date input field, so the DatePicker code did not get appended to the bottom of the page.  Long story short, the calendar does not pop up when you select inside of this date field.

Any suggestions as to how to include the DatePicker code on a visualforce page without starting the page with an inputfield linked to a Date field?

Thanks

I am having trouble displaying a simple hyperlink.  I have a custom object called "someobject".  it has a field called "some_url" of type Formula.  The formula is below.

HYPERLINK('http://www.google.com', 'google' , '_blank')

the field outputs "Text".

So i have a custom controller/visualforce page for someobject.  It has a public member var with an instance of someobject that gets referenced all over the page with no problems.  I try to add this:

<apex:outputText value="{!someobject.some_url__c}" />

hoping to see a hyperlink that says "google".  Instead I get nothing.

Can someone lead me on the path here?  Much thanks.

I am trying to reveal an <apex:inputField> dynamically, specifically a date field.  It is part of an "Additional Info" pageblock section that looks like this.
<apex:pageBlockSection id="additionalInfo" title="Additional Status
Info">
    <apex:inputField rendered="{!show_a1}" value="{!mii.AI_01_Date__c}"/>
Above this, I have a nifty selection that forces a rerender of this pageBlockSection
<apex:inputField value="{!mii.Status__c}" >
   <apex:actionSupport event="onchange" action="{!filterMandatoryInput}"
                       rerender="additionalInfo"/> 
</apex:inputField>

So that is working fine.  When a user selects a status dropdown, additionalInfo rerenders, the show_a1 boolean gets flipped accordingly, and the AI_01_Date field suddenly appears.

The problem is that the screen did not originally render with a Date input field, so the DatePicker code did not get appended to the bottom of the page.  Long story short, the calendar does not pop up when you select inside of this date field.

Any suggestions as to how to include the DatePicker code on a visualforce page without starting the page with an inputfield linked to a Date field?

Thanks