• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

http://salesforcestatus.com

• Salesforce status dashboard.
  • Get email alert and notification of outages, interruptions, down times. 
  • Per instance status and history

Information is based on independently monitoring and tracking, combined with trust RSS feeds. Thanks for looking.

• March 24, 2011

Hubcase pioneers SUPPORT chain automation. It allows you to escalate cases to partners with one button click on Cases screen, and receive case escalations from partners automatically, no matter a partner uses salesforce or not. 

If you rely on partners to deliver your products or services, or you are a provider of services, there is 100% chance our patent pending solution can help you improve your customer satisfaction and retention, as well as operational efficiencies. 

A sample of problems we are solving:

• IT Service providers. Statistics show 40% of IT hardware problems, and 25% of cloud application issues need vendor escalation, and they are done manually today. IT service provider like Infosys manages clients’ IT infrastructure or help desks, many clients have own help desk systems. How do they handle many helpdesk systems, and manage the escalations to numerous vendors? Internet Service providers (ISP’s) face the similar problems everyday.

• Other Service partners. The Home Depot uses local contractors to installs garage doors and provide warranty services for customers. A customer has problem with the garage door, how does Home Depot escalates the problem to the contractor, or vice versa?

• Manufacturers and supply chain partners and OEM. A customer has iPhone problem of dropped calls, he goes to AT&T, how does AT&T escalate the problem to Apple, or vice versa?

• Insurances and healthcare providers. How are issues escalated from one another?
Visit http://www.hubcase.com for additional information. 

Contact info@hubcase.com if you have any question, and ask about our 30% revenue sharing opportunity for partners and consultants.

• November 27, 2010

Hi,

I was wondering if there was any information on how S2S and Trialforce work together.  Let me explain my use case first and then what I am trying to do.

Use case: We require data sharing between our customers' orgs (who will be using our managed app - a standalone app that will be used by non-SFDC CRM customers) and our own "Central" org.  The "Central" org will host data that will be accessed by the "Customer" orgs.  The "Central" org collects data from a variety of sources, processes it, and makes it avaiable for the "Customer" orgs.  The "Customer" orgs further process this data by combining it with some of their own, proprietary data.  Salesforce to Salesforce seems to be the ideal model to make this sharing happen.  Using Apex to do this as per some other posts seems to be a very narly affair that I would like to try and avoid.

We would like to use Trialforce to deploy the "Customer" org.  In order to give our customers a painless out of the box experience, we would like to configure the Trialforce Master org to have S2S enabled and configured to automatically connect with our "Central" org and automatically subscribe to the Custom objects that the "Central" org publishes.  In addition, we would like the Master org to be configured to automatically accept all records that the "Central" org pushes out.

Is something like this possible?  What have others done?  If this is not possible, what are the alternatives?

Thanks,

Sumit

• September 03, 2010

Hi there.

I am wanting to setup a system in salesforce for IT support - similar to a helpdesk.

I was going to have 2 options. Intranet based form and also an email address. From looking at Web to Case and Email to Case I am fine with setting it up however with being newish to salesforce I am trying to work out the best way to split up "my" IT support requests with other cases.

I do not really want other users to see my IT workflow apart from my boss maybe and when I create reports. 

Has anyone implemented an IT helpdesk system in salesforce and would be willing to share some hints and tips?

Cheers

Here is the scenario :
there are two orgs Org#1 and Org#2

Org#1. Self Service Org (used by customers to browse knowledge , open cases , view cases etc)

Org#2. Internal Support Org (used by support reps)

When a customer creates a case in Org#1 that case is copied over to Org#2 via S2S,
all case fields are copied over to Org#2 except the Case Number,  
In both orgs the Case number is an "auto number" field hence two different case numbers are generated in both orgs.

is there anyway I can get case number generated in Org#2 copied over in Org#1 ?

attempted solution: I created a custom field on Case Object in Org#1 to store Case number from Org#2 and updated S2S mapping to publish case number from Org#2 to Org#1, but the issue is unless the case record is modified in Org#2 , custom field in Org#1 is not updated with Org#2 case number.

is it possible to get the case number from Org#2 to Org#1 w/o modifying case in Org#2 ?

Please let me know if there are any other approaches like getting Case number from Org#2 via Web Service or something else.

Thanks!

Anyone have a connector that can copy a case from SalesForce to Microsoft Team Foundation Server?

I will be happy if I can copy a title over?

I searched and did not find anything specifically.

Thanks

tom

Hey all,

My organization sends emails from Cases to different vendors, then vendors open tickets for the issues and respond to the emails with new ticket numbers.

There is a custom filed on the Cases object, called Vendor Reference ID, that is designed to be used for logging the new ticket numbers.

Currently, my case teams manually copy the ticket numbers from their emails and update the corresponding Cases in Salesforce.

I thought that I can use the Email-to-Case functionality to streamline this process, but I believe this functionality is commonly used for creating cases and not updating the existing ones.

So, my question is:

How can I automatically update the Vendor Reference ID field on Cases when vendors respond to the emails that were sent from Cases?

I appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you and happy new year,

Behzad

Message Edited by Behzad on 01-04-2010 10:52 AM
  • December 31, 2010

Is there a way to automate the external sharing of Cases via Salesforce2Salesforce? We want to be able to share all Cases with an external company as they are created.

It does not seem it is possible through Workflow but is it possible through say Apex? If so how would this look?

We need to implement a simple case tracking system using Salesforce. The cases are updated by non-Salesforce users. There are several routes to accomplish this, however, in every case there is an important piece of the puzzle is missing.

In Setup - Case - Email-to-Case there is a column called "Email Services Address." You can send email to Salesforce using computer-assigned e-mail address in that column. So, instead of using the Email-to-Case agent to poll your own email accounts, you can send them directly to Salesforce now. This used in every scenario below.

For proper automation, there are to things to consider: routing and tracking

1. Route the messages “from” Salesforce to the user will reply “to” Salesforce

2. Track the case email and responses

When sending a new email from a case, Salesforce inserts a string that looks like [ ref:00DSDITt.500ShQ5G:ref ] in the subject and body. You can't see this, but this is the Case.Thread_Id value. It may not be documented but you can use this value in e-mail templates to provide tracking for responses. You can use this feature when sending emails other ways (from work flow for example. Just include the Case.Thread_Id in the e-mail template.

With the presents of the Thread_Id, all of the sudden, responses with this ID sent to email-to-case will get filed properly. You may have to look for the response though. Open the case, move down to activity history, click on the email, read the top where it says “Click here to view the associated Email Message”. With some basic training anyone can make this work.

Auto-Response (least complicated)

1. Create an email template contain {!Case.Thread_Id}. In this case, is not added by default.

2. Create a setup – case – auto-response rule setting the “from” with the Salesforce email address assigned in the email-to-case above. Assign the template you created above.

This almost solves both problems (routing and tracking). The problem is in the very beginning of the routing. The auto-response rule does not allow you to set the “To.” Only the user that created the case gets the email. There is no way to deliver the email to the intended recipients. The Case Support Settings are generic and will not solve the problem either. You can't simply forward the email either because the recipient will reply sending the message back to you and not the case.

Work-Flow (more steps)

In setup – create – work flow, setup the rule and email alert to send to an additional (up to 5) email address. Here you can use the Sandbox to put your own e-mail there. Again, use the e-mail template with the {!Case.Thread_Id} in it. Now the “To” can be set (forget about using CC until this is fixed except now “From” is a problem. The From is the case creator or even worse a no-reply address from Salesforce (see case support setting). This breaks the loop and email-to-case will not receive any replies.

Work flows are flexible, so Salesforce should add the ability to define CC and From fields here. That enhancement should give the biggest bang for the buck.

This is my post, it address the CC, BCC, and the From / Reply-To. Please comment and promote, but come back, I'm not through:

http://ideas.salesforce.com/article/show/10092421 (new window)

APEX (even more steps)

The Sandbox allows the creation of a trigger. No need for external programs now to create and update the code ;-) ... This falls short in two way parts:

1. You can only set reply-to, you can't set “from” .. Reply-to can be ignored by mail clients.

2. Case.Thread_Id is not available

3. Email templates tied to cases are not implemented

There is a nice editor now that allows you to create and update apex code without external programs. It is only available in the Sandbox. With this we can trigger and send an email in a new case trigger.

1. You can set the reply-to but you can't set the from. It is still common that e-mail clients ignore the reply-to and sent the reply to the “from” address. This can break the loop at the worst possible time (when your not looking). I don't like this at all.

2. Yes, we can set the TO – fantastic

3. No, can not use a template with Case.Thread_Id because the required target object must be “Only Users, Contact or Lead allowed for targetObjectId”"

4. Salesforce does not detect and replace the field in the message either:
    mail.setPlainTextBody('RxStrategies does not recognize this transaction. ' + '{!Case.Thread_Id}.');

Hi all,

My requirement is as follows:

Tight integration of SFDC and SAP CRM in order to make Business Partners in sync across the systems. This will be a two way integration wherein any changes made to any business partner must be reflected in the other system upon batch/ real-time execution.

I have to create an RFC destination to configure the crm xif adapter.

what parameters for sfdc for this?

regards

shilpi

Our company is in the process of using a vendor solution.  We currently use Clarify CRM to handle all of our cases.  The vendor uses SalesForce to handle all their cases.  In order for us to escalate cases to the vendor, we will need to log a case in SalesForce through their website.

Ideally we would like the SalesForce case to be automatically created when our agent creates a case in Clarify.  That would mean 1 less application our agents will have to open while taking a call.

Are there any API's that allow this and if so, how much effort will this process entail.

Any help, information, documentation, etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
  • September 05, 2007
What is the best resource on how to integrate salesforce cases with bugzilla, both from a technical and funtional perspective.  Thanks.
  • June 01, 2005