• Member since 2010
  • Vonage

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Is it possible to insert an image in object while entering data?

Can we have any background image to the object layout...

What are the differences between user , role and profile?

please reply.

Regards:

VVNRAO

• November 24, 2010

Hi,

I was wondering if Salesforce provided an API to use their login authentication? I am thinking of integrating it into a web application I am building and would like to use it for access control. If that is possible, do they have user groups? My application would only be available for managers of companies (only those users who have permission to escalate cases) and that would be a great help to utilize.

Thanks,

Goldwin

• September 19, 2011

Hi,

Is it possible to integrate Articles through REST API with other application?

I have a requirement to integrate knowledge base with some other external sites. I have some questions on this:

1) How can we categorize the Articles at high level.

For example We have "LOB A"and "LOB B" as two LOBs(Lines of Businesses).When some one visits our ABC corporate website we would like to show top 5 FAQs from both "LOB A"and "LOB B". But when user visits only the "LOB A" specific website we would like to show only "LOB A" related Top 5 articles.

2) We would like to show different Knowledgebase Articles for (Customer portal) Authenticated and other users. Should we handle this based on the high level data category types or by Roles

3) Is it best practice to retrieve and render the Knowledgebase through Web service APIs instead of using the Public knowledgebase with Iframes

Any idea on this?

Thanks,

Goldwin

I need to display all the question answers like help in single page. when the suer clicks the question link at the top, it should takes to the answers in the same page.

is it possible to do the same functionality using Article? if yes, how we can do that?

Hi,

I have a scenario like the system should create a case from email automatically, when it receives the email to support engineer email id from customer.

It seems system can create a case when it receives particular configured email id using email service.

is there anyway to do this?

Hi,

Is it possbile to create dependent lookup for custom objects in VF page? if yes, how can i create?

Thanks.

Hi,

I need to restrict the use from entering duplicate records, for this need to validate two fields.

For example:

Object: Categories

Fields: category Name - Text

Type - Picklist

Here each type should have unique values only, but the category values can repeat in another type.

validation Rule:

F(AND(Name = VLOOKUP( $ObjectType.Category__c.Fields.Name , $ObjectType.Category__c.Fields.Name, Name ), NOT(Id=VLOOKUP
($ObjectType.Category__c.Fields.Id , $ObjectType.Category__c.Fields.Name, Name ))) && TEXT(Type__c ) = TEXT( Type__c ), true, false )

But this will not work properly. Any Idea?

Hi,

In force.com we can write the javascript directly in VF page or using static resources. the common scripts can be included as static resource only, but we can not edit the file as VF or Apex.

Is there any other option available?

Hi all,

Is is possible to create quadrant chart in salesforce.com?

quadrant chart

Hi,

I would like to create a month based chart in salesforce.com, for example

the month should be displayed in the y axis, but we have date wise data only. is it possible?

Hi all,

I have created a application in sandbox [PE], it seems we can create managed package  only in developer edition. is there any alternative ways available?

otherwise do i need to create a unmanaged package in sandbox, then install the same in developer edition to create managed package?

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Hi All,

We would require more reporting/chart options, for that we plan to use some other third party API. Apart from Google chart what are the other charts we can integrate with SFDC, Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Goldwin

Hi all,

I am trying to configure the Force.com IDE. I have reset the security token and go the same in mail, but it throws login failed error. i verified the username, password & security token, everything is correct.

do i need to configure anything else?

Thanks

Goldwin

Hi,

I have a requirement like need to import the data from the CSV which come in email. Is it possible to do that with salesforce?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Goldwin

Hi Folks,

Can anyone out here let me know whether salesforce still gives force.com free edition with 100 free users.

Thanks in adavance.

Kindest Regards,

Roshan

Hi all, in how many ways we can do deployment in salesforce can any one give me the answer.

Regards,

Praveen.

Hi All,

Can u explain Diff between Sandbox and Dev Environment

Thanks & Regards,

Vinod.

Hi All,

Can any one explain what is Queue in salesforce

I am new here.  Please if anyone know, do i need to set up any thing esle on CTI system ( not existing CTI adapter) to connect the CTI system to plug into the CTI adapter?  In this case, I have to develop the CTI adapter to connect with the Seimens CTI system. As my beginner knowladge, I think developing the adapter and install into the manchine without any extra configurations ( except in the Developer Guide) is Ok. Am I right? 

for better understand,

Develop the Adapter (full support CTI system functions)  --> deploy the adapter --> install in the machine  ---> that is it ???

please reply, Thank you in advance.

• April 11, 2011

A Reader Writes: Can you use Picture Upload with Person Accounts?

• February 10, 2011

Hi all,

Is is possible to create quadrant chart in salesforce.com?

quadrant chart

Hi,

I would like to create a month based chart in salesforce.com, for example

the month should be displayed in the y axis, but we have date wise data only. is it possible?

I've logged in at SalesForce.com and then clicked "Run Tutorials" (enrolled as basic developer). This takes me to DeveloperForce with a list of tutorials.  Where does one go from here?? Nothing clicks or activates and it appears I've been signed out (some button called "De Login" appears at the top - signing in again just repeats the loop).

Also dl'd something called Force.com Workbook and see that I have to create something called a Sandbox. However, nothing resembling "sandbox" appears on the path yourname>setup>data management>sandbox.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Harry

Hi,

I use eclipse as IDE for salesforce. If I save a class, trigger, page or something else, I have always to save these changes manually (with right mouseclickk/ Force/ save to server). I think normally that should be done as soon as I save with Ctrl-S.

Does anyone know which parameter may be wrong in my IDE?

Thanks

Harry 

HIII.

i have an custom object based on the soql i have to display the results

how to write a repeat controller to show results on the vf page

plz help me

Hi,

how to redirect to a vf page when the record is saved(when updated) in Standard Edit Page of an object?

here when i am editing a record in standard edit page of an object and clicking the save button It should redirect to a vf page.

How to do this?

Please help me........

How to create array of long values in apex please solve me how to do .

• November 30, 2010

Hi,

I have a released managed package in Developer Edition account. Now I need to delete my Managed package.

Plz help me for delete this Managed package...........

Thanks,

Pangkaj

Importance of sharing rules in salesforce?

Regards:

sri123

• November 29, 2010

Is it possible to insert an image in object while entering data?

Can we have any background image to the object layout...

Hello,

I would like to pre-populate opportunity name value after I clicked "New" button in the Opportunity Tab.

I know how to replace opportunity name after I clicked "Save" button in the entry page of Opportunity.

I just would like to know how to pre-set it before saving data.

Thank you in advance.

• November 29, 2010