• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Do managed packages have there own seperate govenor limits?

Background:

We have developed a trigger for lead on insert and shared this code with other orgs (un packaged) . Some orgs are close to the limit on SOQL querries when doing a lead insert and our code is putting them over. Can we make our trigger a managed package and avoid or lessen the liklihood of a  problem?

• January 13, 2011

I'm getting a warning on a project in the IDE:

"Project was created in an older version of the Force.com IDE and must be upgraded to be used with Winter '11.  You will not be able to save or refresh files in this project from the server until you upgrade it.  To upgrade, use the upgrade wizard by right-clicking on the project in Package Explorer and choosing Force.com > Upgrade Project. " 

1) I've update Eclipse(helios)  to latest Force.com IDE release

2) Right clicking on project does NOT give an option to "upgrade project"

3) Despite the warning,  i am able to save and refresh files from the server

4) I've tried closing project, restarting eclipse and then re-opening project.

How do i upgrade this project?

Peter

• December 05, 2010

we've created an unmanaged package and it has been installed in a production environment. The package added some classes and trigger plus custom fields in lead/contact.

1) If we unistall package the classes and trigger will be deleted, but i am unclear on exactly  what data will get lost

- specifically do we just lose the just the data that was in custom fields or do we loose all leads/contact since package was installed...or all leads/contacts?

2)What is process for updating the unmanaged package thru the  IDE?

my understanding is:

a) create an IDE Project against package

b) update code

c) save to server does NOT deploy the change so  use IDE to deploy

is this correct?

Peter

• November 30, 2010

1) I've created an umanaged package in my dev org consisting of some custom fields and some triggers with supportting Apex classes and test methods. .  When listing the  package contents in the Dev Org  it show the proper number of components.

2) When i go to install this package for the FIRST  time in another org it show duplicates of every single component. I have tried this with multiple "first-time" orgs and it's always the same result.

3)  I go pack to review package in my Dev org and it shows NO duplicates in package.

4) Disclosure - I did create this unmanage package twice with different names in the dev org. The first time i did not have the 'duplicate" component issue with install on a target  org.

Peter

• November 19, 2010

I'm getting a warning on a project in the IDE:

"Project was created in an older version of the Force.com IDE and must be upgraded to be used with Winter '11.  You will not be able to save or refresh files in this project from the server until you upgrade it.  To upgrade, use the upgrade wizard by right-clicking on the project in Package Explorer and choosing Force.com > Upgrade Project. " 

1) I've update Eclipse(helios)  to latest Force.com IDE release

2) Right clicking on project does NOT give an option to "upgrade project"

3) Despite the warning,  i am able to save and refresh files from the server

4) I've tried closing project, restarting eclipse and then re-opening project.

How do i upgrade this project?

Peter

• December 05, 2010

1) I've created an umanaged package in my dev org consisting of some custom fields and some triggers with supportting Apex classes and test methods. .  When listing the  package contents in the Dev Org  it show the proper number of components.

2) When i go to install this package for the FIRST  time in another org it show duplicates of every single component. I have tried this with multiple "first-time" orgs and it's always the same result.

3)  I go pack to review package in my Dev org and it shows NO duplicates in package.

4) Disclosure - I did create this unmanage package twice with different names in the dev org. The first time i did not have the 'duplicate" component issue with install on a target  org.

Peter

• November 19, 2010