• Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

In a after updating trigger, how do I select objects within the updating object:

example

an object has a child object which has a name, I want to a text field of the parent object using that name

How would I access this in APEX?

Thanks,

Scott

Hitting the Governor's limit of "Collection size 1,065 exceeds maximum size of 1,000."

I can limit the resultset to 1000 but that means we'll miss some records. I probably can retrieve the records in loop of 1000 each and store them in separate list. But how would I combine/merge them together to display in a pageBlockTable?

Thank you,

Pr@sh

• July 15, 2011

Is there a straightforward way to do this in Salesforce?

• June 13, 2011

Wondering if Excel Connector supports Salesforce API 20. I am able to connect it but it doesn't show any objects. I wanted to access new object Quote that was introduced in the last release. Thanks

• January 06, 2011

we are a worldwide company 24x7 and have many processes which span timezones and location business hours.

we have a table in our old system of business hours by country..   no problem, I can do that in SF too..

so I defined the default (us eastern), used the bulk loaded to extract it (to get the data format)

modeled my 187 records after that model

but bulk load fails with a ' need a sundastarttime', value provided incorrect.. 08:00:00.00Z

which matches exactly the extract format. hh:mm:ss.ttZ... timezone def

anyone have the magic incantation to help me understand this?

I can type them in.. but why do that...

Sam

Is there a straightforward way to do this in Salesforce?

• June 13, 2011

Hi,

In a after updating trigger, how do I select objects within the updating object:

example

an object has a child object which has a name, I want to a text field of the parent object using that name

How would I access this in APEX?

Thanks,

Scott

Use case:  
(multiple custom objects, 1 record triggers multiple records in other custom object)

- Custom Object A contains multi-select picklist with values apple, orange , grape, & banana 

- User creates record in object A and makes selections apple, orange from picklist

- Trigger: Creates two records in Custom Object B based on the selections of apple & orange  

- Apple & Orange are differnt record types in Custom Object B

I'm new to triggers and here's my questions:

1. Is this a difficult trigger?

2. Should I be looking to use triggers for this use case in the first place?

All guidance and feedback is welcome - thanks.  

Hi,

in my sandbox environment someone has created (the administrator?) a new profile called "External who".

We can't read (edit/delete/clone) the profile details.

Do you know where it comes from?

Thanks

F.

I have tested the data loader 8.0, using the command line and connecting this to a ms sql database.
Everything works fine, except for the update operation from my db to sfdc. I get the following error: 'Id not specified in an update call'
I have Id mapped, but should it be specified anywhere else?
Any ideas...?

Thanks,
Jay