• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I am looking to understand an issue I am facing with team development and sharing of custom objects. I have an SVN repository setup which contains all the elements of our managed package. When checking out the code through the IDE (subclipse) and saving the src to another development org, some of the meta data changes without any modifications from the developers.

For instance, in our *.object (metadata files representing our Custom Object) the main org has tags for <depricated>false</depricated>, but the new dev org removes all those tags once you "Save to Server". The net result is a lot of SVN diffs that the developer did not introduce.

This makes committing changes back to SVN difficult, since the developer has to work around the diffs injected by pushing the checkout to another dev org.

How do we avoid the injection of these changes from dev org to dev org.

I am looking to understand an issue I am facing with team development and sharing of custom objects. I have an SVN repository setup which contains all the elements of our managed package. When checking out the code through the IDE (subclipse) and saving the src to another development org, some of the meta data changes without any modifications from the developers.

For instance, in our *.object (metadata files representing our Custom Object) the main org has tags for <depricated>false</depricated>, but the new dev org removes all those tags once you "Save to Server". The net result is a lot of SVN diffs that the developer did not introduce.

This makes committing changes back to SVN difficult, since the developer has to work around the diffs injected by pushing the checkout to another dev org.

How do we avoid the injection of these changes from dev org to dev org.