• 0 Points
  • Member since 2010

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

WHAT: I would like to set up a system where I can get a view of all contacts in campaign X or campaign Y, but not in campaign Z.

WHY: My mass emailing application, which is integrated with SF, requires that I create mailing lists from campaigns.  I need a view so that I can easily create a new campaign from this new list of contacts, and then create a mailing list from that new campaign.

PROBLEM: It seems views do not support lookup by multiple campaigns, and by the looks of the idea exchange section, that may not happen for awhile.

HOW: I thought up one solution...

1. Add a text field to the contact record

2. Create a trigger that appends the campaign name to that text field when the contact is added to that campaign.

3. Add another trigger that removes the campaign name from the text field

4. Create a view that searches the text field for the campaign names I want and used advanced views to do the filtering

Does that seem reasonable to the Apex developer community?  How could I achieve steps 2 and 3?  Or, am I missing some obvious solution that exists out there that allows me to do this filtering and create a new campaign from the resulting contacts?

I have no experience coding Apex and would appreciate anyone who can lend some advice or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Rob

WHAT: I would like to set up a system where I can get a view of all contacts in campaign X or campaign Y, but not in campaign Z.

WHY: My mass emailing application, which is integrated with SF, requires that I create mailing lists from campaigns.  I need a view so that I can easily create a new campaign from this new list of contacts, and then create a mailing list from that new campaign.

PROBLEM: It seems views do not support lookup by multiple campaigns, and by the looks of the idea exchange section, that may not happen for awhile.

HOW: I thought up one solution...

1. Add a text field to the contact record

2. Create a trigger that appends the campaign name to that text field when the contact is added to that campaign.

3. Add another trigger that removes the campaign name from the text field

4. Create a view that searches the text field for the campaign names I want and used advanced views to do the filtering

Does that seem reasonable to the Apex developer community?  How could I achieve steps 2 and 3?  Or, am I missing some obvious solution that exists out there that allows me to do this filtering and create a new campaign from the resulting contacts?

I have no experience coding Apex and would appreciate anyone who can lend some advice or point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Rob