• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

In the manual I read the following:

You can create workflow rules and approval processes on junction objects; but you can't create outbound messages on junction objects.

(I read it here https://eu1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/relationships_considerations.htm and https://eu1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/workflow_managing_outbound_messages.htm)

But if I create a custom object with one master-detail relationship to Account and another one to Contact, I am able to send outbound messages from that custom (junction) object.

Am I missing something or is the help wrong about this limitation (no complains :))?

Hi,

In Apex when I'm sending an e-mail message I can define an e-mail template to use for the message. However, I'd like to know the value of the HtmlBody and PlainTextBody fields after the template has been applied but before the e-mail is sent off.

What I'm looking for is similar to the way the standard sent e-mail UI is working (user selects e-mail template to use, then edits the generated content, and then sends off the e-mail by clicking send). I seem to miss an email.prepare() method.

Any thoughts on how to achieve this?

Thanks

Hi,

In the manual I read the following:

You can create workflow rules and approval processes on junction objects; but you can't create outbound messages on junction objects.

(I read it here https://eu1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/relationships_considerations.htm and https://eu1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/workflow_managing_outbound_messages.htm)

But if I create a custom object with one master-detail relationship to Account and another one to Contact, I am able to send outbound messages from that custom (junction) object.

Am I missing something or is the help wrong about this limitation (no complains :))?

Hi All,

I want to access email name, email address and automatic BCC fields of My Email Settings in my apex class. Please suggest me some solution to do this.

Thanks.

I am trying this code to assign multiple approvers to an existing approval process

Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest req1 = new Approval.ProcessSubmitRequest();req1.

setComments('Submitting request for approval.');

req1.setObjectId(theId);

req1.setNextApproverIds(new Id[] {'00590000000OYw5', '00590000000OYw5'});

Approval.ProcessResult result = Approval.process(req1);

but its giving exception that the required field missing at line

Approval.ProcessResult result = Approval.process(req1);

Please help me out. How to assign multiple User ids as approvers to the approval process but only through apex code

Thanks

We have custom labels defined for a site we're working on, that have been translated into several languages ... and according to SF documentation (http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/An_Introduction_to_Force.com_Sites ) it looks like we should be able to change the language setting for the site guest user to get the site to display the translations for us.

Passing a language parm to the page does work, but that requires handling the parameter and passing it from page to page in order to stay in that language.

Is there a limitation on the Site Guest User that would prevent us from changing the language?

Thanks,

Ron

Hello,

We're new to Salesforce Knowledge and are looking to switch from our solutions-based FAQs to a Public Knowledge Base using the "Sample Public Knowledge Base for Salesforce Knowledge" found here:

http://appexchange.salesforce.com/reviews?listingId=a0N30000001gFH9EAM

After installation, I'm receiving this error on our help site (alpha testing).

Error: The PKB Site Setup is not configured correctly. Please verify that the category group name is correct and that the group is active.

Could someone please help explain what this means?

Thank you kindly,

David
Voices.com

Hi,

I have some problems with PDF rendering, I created empty page with just renderAs="pdf".

PDF page itself is rendered but instead of empty page it shows me "calendar

JanuaryFebruaryMarchAprilMayJuneJulyAugustSeptemberOctoberNovemberDecember
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Today

I would really appreciate any reply

Thanks

Rajiv

• December 21, 2010

When I set up the home page layout for my customer portal home page, I de-select all the narrow components because I do not want to show any of them to my customers.  When I log in as a customer and land on the customer portal’s home page, I can see components in the wide column.  However, the narrow column is still displayed as an empty column.  Is it possible to hide the empty narrow column entirely so that the wide column can occupy the full width of the home page?

Thanks

Danny

Hi Folks,

I've been using the ant-based deployment tool with great success, but am having issues deploying Custom Labels.

I have a custom label with a name of "Amazon_SQS_Access_Key", so I have put the following in my package.xml:

<types>
        <members>Amazon_SQS_Access_Key</members>
        <name>CustomLabels</name>
 </types>

... but when I try to download I get this error:

[sf:retrieve] package.xml - Entity of type 'CustomLabels' named 'Amazon_SQS_Access_Key' not found.

My usual "trick" to help me figure out the specific incantation required to get the "right" value into the <members> element is to use Eclipse to make up a package.xml for me, but it dies with a null pointer exception if I try to select a single CustomLabel (and subsequently will die again with "com.salesforce.ide.ui.packagemanifest.CustomObjectTypeNode cannot be cast to com.salesforce.ide.ui.packagemanifest.ComponentTypeNode"

in summary:

Does anybody know what I need to put in the <members> element of package.xml in order to download a custom label with a name of "Amazon_SQS_Access_Key"?

Thanks

Kerry

Maybe this isn't a "renderAs question" but, it seems like a possible solution.  Does anyone have any other suggestions?

From what I understand, the only option for renderAs is currently PDF.  As in:

<apex:page standardController="Account" renderAs="pdf">

What if I wanted to render the page as XML?  Does anyone have advice on how I could use visualforce to render an XML page? (My hope is to render the page so that it can be read as a feed, rss.)

As in:

<apex:page standardController="Account" renderAs="xml">

Franco