• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We have a customer portal where the users are managed by customer admins.  We want to give all new users read access to a certain content library, and I can't find anything in the documentation that states that we can update a user's permissions to a library via apex.  Is this possible?  My workaround is to generate a case to us everytime a new user is created, and we'll manually go in and set the new user's permissions via the UI.  I'd really rather have it automated.  Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Thanks.

I have a custom object for placing orders that has a lookup to Account.  I want to expose these in a customer portal, so the customers can track the status of their orders.  The orders are entered by sales people (not the customer) and therefore are owned by people higher in the role heirarchy then the customers.  I need to create a sharing rule on the order object to allow sharing (read only) with the customer's User role if the associated account is the customer's account.  I see that I can go in and set a sharing rule on each record, but that seems very time consuming to manually set that for every new record.  Does anyone know of a good way to do this?  I'm guessing I'm going to use a trigger to add a record to the objects sharing table everytime an object is created.  Does this sound about right?  Does anyone have sample code to do this?

Thanks.

I was able to refresh my entire sandbox project last week in about 5-6 minutes.  Now it's taking 25-30 minutes for the same project.  This is a huge hit to my productivity.  Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a remedy coming soon for this issue?  Refreshing production project still takes only 5-6 minutes, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the Winter 12 update.

Thanks.

• September 21, 2011

I recently noticed that calling sendEmail from Apex code is limited to a certain number daily.  For Enterprise edition it's 500 emails per day.  I would have thought that Enterprise edition should have been much higher than that.  I have no idea how close our organization is to bumping up against that limit.  Is there a way to find out how many emails have been sent using sendEmail from Apex code?

I've noticed in our production environment that when I go to the Calculate Code Coverage for Your Organization link in the Setup->Develop->Apex Classes menu that the calculated code coverage is quite different than the total code coverage after clicking on Run All Tests.  Does anyone know which is correct?  Also, when I click on one of the percentages to see the code coverage of a given file, it seems to always say that the file was modified since the last test run.  How can that be when all tests are ran any time a change is made to production?  I'm guessing that the Run All Tests code coverage is correct, but why isn't that data being saved off and pulled when Calculate Code Coverage is clicked?

From the documentation and reading other posts, it looks like public groups are just records in the database.  If this is the case, then the maximum number of public groups that can be created is only limited to our data size limitation.  Is this correct?  Also are there any other limitations on public groups i.e. a limit to the number of group members in a single group?

Thanks.

We have a customer portal where the users are managed by customer admins.  We want to give all new users read access to a certain content library, and I can't find anything in the documentation that states that we can update a user's permissions to a library via apex.  Is this possible?  My workaround is to generate a case to us everytime a new user is created, and we'll manually go in and set the new user's permissions via the UI.  I'd really rather have it automated.  Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Thanks.

I have a custom object for placing orders that has a lookup to Account.  I want to expose these in a customer portal, so the customers can track the status of their orders.  The orders are entered by sales people (not the customer) and therefore are owned by people higher in the role heirarchy then the customers.  I need to create a sharing rule on the order object to allow sharing (read only) with the customer's User role if the associated account is the customer's account.  I see that I can go in and set a sharing rule on each record, but that seems very time consuming to manually set that for every new record.  Does anyone know of a good way to do this?  I'm guessing I'm going to use a trigger to add a record to the objects sharing table everytime an object is created.  Does this sound about right?  Does anyone have sample code to do this?

Thanks.

I was able to refresh my entire sandbox project last week in about 5-6 minutes.  Now it's taking 25-30 minutes for the same project.  This is a huge hit to my productivity.  Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there a remedy coming soon for this issue?  Refreshing production project still takes only 5-6 minutes, so I'm guessing it has something to do with the Winter 12 update.

Thanks.

• September 21, 2011