• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Using the Excel Connector:

I am trying to update the record type of some contacts. These are contacts that users created with the wrong record type. It should match the account record type.

So when i try to upload the updated record types I get the above error. Anyone have any ideas on what i need to do? The only columns that i am using are ID and RecordTypeID.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

I am trying to update the record type of some contacts. These are contacts that users created with the wrong record type. It should match the account record type.

So when i try to upload the updated record types I get the above error. Anyone have any ideas on what i need to do? The only columns that i am using are ID and RecordTypeID.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

My goal is pull  SF ID to match up with new data I need to load. HOWEVER when I run the Table Query Wizard it appears to only be looking at part of the DB. It is only returning 50= records where it should be returning 4000+. What am I doing wrong?

I am trying to pull my account IDs and names.  I am using the wizard and don't have any query clauses.  I have about 2 hundred accounts in SF, but it is only pulling about 7 of them into excel. 

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• December 13, 2010

Hello, 

This is my first attempt to add a new opportunity from Excel using the Excel Connector.  I get the following error: 

Salesforce: Create()

invalid Range, missing data type, or other error,

type is: Opportunity

The current field definition for "CreatedById" require a value to be set.

For my test, I copied a row that I downloaded using the Connector, changed the name and put new in the Opportunity ID.

My goal for this is to add closed/won opportunities into salesforce that did not originate in saleforce so that we can see all activity.

Thanks for your help.