• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

I've been through a lot of documentation on SalesForce security and can't find the best (read: simplest) way to implement the following:

We're a small organisation that has pretty open sharing of accounts, cases, notes and attachments. In some instances, we would like to restrict visibility (hidden) to certain notes (i.e. record-level security) within an account that is otherwise accessible to all users. We don't have any role-hierarchies in place, only separate profiles for Management, Finance and Engineers. We basically want to lock down a specific note so it's only visible to Managment.

SalesForce appears to have a "Default Restrict, Exception Allow" policy by using role-hierarchies. We want to do more of a "Default Allow, Exception Restrict" setup. Is this possible?

Thanks and regards,

Peter

(Edit: Changed subject to be more specific and accurate).

Hi,

I've been through a lot of documentation on SalesForce security and can't find the best (read: simplest) way to implement the following:

We're a small organisation that has pretty open sharing of accounts, cases, notes and attachments. In some instances, we would like to restrict visibility (hidden) to certain notes (i.e. record-level security) within an account that is otherwise accessible to all users. We don't have any role-hierarchies in place, only separate profiles for Management, Finance and Engineers. We basically want to lock down a specific note so it's only visible to Managment.

SalesForce appears to have a "Default Restrict, Exception Allow" policy by using role-hierarchies. We want to do more of a "Default Allow, Exception Restrict" setup. Is this possible?

Thanks and regards,

Peter

(Edit: Changed subject to be more specific and accurate).