• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Everyone,

I am working on getting an API Integration wtih Pardot going. So here is the requirements:

When a user addes a certain value into a field a Trigger should fire that calls a class that should check Pardot for any Prospects in their system that match the current contact. If there are not matches found it should create a prospect in Pardot.

I believe the best way to go about this is to create a API integraiton with Pardot so I can pull and post information to Pardot. I have done research but I have come up empty. I have new to API but I have developed some time and I am very familiar with Salesforce. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good place to go where I can find a jumping off point for API Integrations with Pardot or any external database where you pull information from that database.

Thanks,
DannyK89
Hi Everyone,

I have been asked to find a way to get attachement download history for users. While doing some research and asking support I was told about Event Logs. After looking over them I found that they do have Document Attachemnt Download Events that we can log. I just wanted to make sure that this is what I think it is. Does Docuemnt Attachement Downloads events mean that I can track what attachements users download?

Thanks,
DannyK88
Hi everyone,

I was asked to do reporting on all tasks in our system. When I look at the system overview I see that we have 70,000 tasks in our system. When I do reporting on all Open and Closed Tasks in our system I find that the report returns only 20,000 tasks. I am wondering what happened to the other 50,000 tasks that are in my system? Could they be private? Could they be reacurring tasks? I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to where those tasks could be.

Thanks,
Danny
Hi Everyone,

I have found muliple articles about this but nothing seems to work for me. I have a requriement to create a PDF form that has cursive writing on it. I have been tooling around with adding style sheets and inline style classes and even inline style attributes. Nothing I try seems to work. The font styles work on a regular visualforce page but as soon as I try to render the page as a PDF the font styles go away. I can't seem to get them to stay on the page when the visualforce page is set to render as a PDF. Is there a trick that will allow me to generate a PDF from the system and customize the font style. I guess it does not have to be a visualforce page but that's what I have tried so far. I have not looked into any other way to get this requirerment done. I have run up against a brick wall and can't seem to get around it.

Thanks for the help,
Danny
I have been searching everywhere and have not been able to find any information on this. So I was asked to get a current number of emails that my company has sent from Salesforce. When doing research I found that the only way to do that was using the Email Logs. So I downloaded email logs for the day. I found them very difficult to read and understand. I found this documentation but this didn't help me get a number of emails sent. https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=email_logs_format.htm&language=en_US 

I would imagine that emails only count once regardless if there are muliple people in the To and BCC email fields, however I could be wrong about that. If someone could help me understand the email logs better and get an accurate count of how many emails were sent from our salesforce system that would be super helpful. 

Thanks,
DannyK88
HI Everyone,

I have been having a weird issue and I don't know where to turn. I have a visualforce component with a Apex Controller. The Compoenent has a Command Button on it and has a method linked to it. When I click the button the method does not seem to trigger. The page just seems to reload and call the controllers constructor. I'm not sure why this is happening. The same code was working yesterday. I did make some changes but when I look at the code I can't seem to find anything wrong. When I put a breakpoint at the beginnig of the Apex Method it doesn't look like the method is even called. The Visualforce compoent is embbeded in a visualforce page that has a controller of it's own. I have no clue as to what the issue is. If you have run into a simmialr situation please let me know what your solution was if you found one. I am running out of options and ideas.

Thanks,
I created a joined report with two report types and a formula field for each report type in the joined report. When I try to create a chart that shows the two formula fields for some reason the report only shows one set of data. The Joined report is grouped by Account Name. Is there a reason why one group of data wouldn't show in the chart?
Hi Everyone,

I have been doing some work with visualforce pages and I have gotten view state errors every once in a while. I was wondering if there was a way to look for the view state in the apex code to see if certain actions will cause the view state error to happen and stop those actions before they cause the error. I know that tightening my soql code is a good way to manage view state but I was wondering if there was another way.

Thanks,
DannyK88
Hi Everyone,

I have been going through the Salesforce1 Developer guide book. I was going throught the canvas app example and I ran into an issue. I am unable to add the Shipify Canvas app to my chatter publisher layout. When I look back it says that I should have added the Shipify Canvas App to two locations: Chatter Tab and Publisher. However I only had Chatter Tab as an option. Also The checkbox "Create Actions Automatically" was not on my page as well. Is there a setting that I could have not turned on while setting up my developer org. My developer org was set up two years ago. Is that the issue? Do I have to set up a new developer org?

Thanks,

DannyK89
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to make sure I understood the limits of Force.com Sites before I went forward with releasing one:

• Bandwidth Limit: 40 GB – Number of bytes going in and out of the site
• Request time: 60 Hours – Total amount of time spent to generate pages on the server side

Does the Bandwidth Limit have to do with the view state along with any records the site creates? Like lets say my view state is just under 4 KB and the record the site creates is 2 KB. Does that mean for that session the total bandwidth taken up would be 6 KB? If so it seems like that site would take a really long time before I reached the 40 GB limit.

For the request time limit, does that just mean how long it take someone to render the page. If so then I think I will be fine there as well. The site does not have much information on it and has a very small insert to make so it only takes a few seconds to load the page and insert the record. 

The site I am planning on release is a very simple input site and I only plan on releaseing it to possibly 50-100 people. I don't believe I will reach the limits stated above but I want to make sure I understand the limits before I release this site and get a huge number of errors or anything.

Thanks, 
Danny
Hi everyone,

The company I work for is looking for a Senior Salesforce Developer for one of our clients. I have been asked to come up with some questions to ask Senior Salesforce Developers that interviewers at my company can ask applicants to verify their knowledge. If someone could provide me with some questions that I could ask a Senior Salesforce Developer to verify their knowledge of salesforce and their experience that would be fantastic.

Thanks,
Hi,

I am new to mobile development and I would like to update my force.com site so that it can be access and is optimized for mobile devices. Is there a place I can go to to start learning how to update my visualforce pages so they can be optimized for mobile devices?

Thanks,
Hi Everyone,

I have created a Apex class that I would like to schedule to run. However when I try to schedule the class it does not run. 
I have run my test class to see if there is antying wrong but it seems to run fine with the test class. I don't understand what the issue is.
Currently in our salesforce org we have a thrid party product that runs a apex class every hour. Could that be causing an issue with my class? Is it possible the two classes can't run at the same time?

Let me know if there is anything else you need from me.

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

I am having some issues with Data.com and a third party app I installed. When I enable Data.com Clean and use the third party app I get an error message

The error Message reads this:

Visualforce Error:

Exception: The configuration of your org has changed, please reload the page. Missing dependent object: Field: Contact.CleanStatus

Has anyone ever run into an issue like this? Does anyone know what could be causing this issue so I can let me third party app support know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

I am going through the Salesforce 1 App Deveoper guide and I'm running into some issues. When I get to the part where I have to create the canvas app in Salesforce and I have to add the Locations under the Canvas App Settings section I do not have the Locations they have in the Guide. I am missing Publisher and Chatter Feed. Is there a permission that I need to set that will allow me to have these locations added to the picklist? I am currently under a Devloper Org that was created before the Winter '14 release. Would that be the reason why I don't have these locations available?

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

I would like to create a report with both the Contact address information and the address information of the contact in the Reports To field on the contact record. I have looked all over and was unable to find a way to do this. Is it at all possbile to do?

Thanks, 

DannyK88

Hi All,

I am working on a project to mass update all reports. I was able to get a list of reports from the Apex Data Loader but when I try to update the reports using the Apex Data Loader it doesn't give me the selection for reports. Is there a way to mass update the Name of reports? This is not a pressing project but would be appreciated if I can get a quick response.

Thanks,

DannyK88

Hi Everyone,

I was working with the data loader and I was loading a plain text field into a rich text field. I found that none of the spaces stayed from the Plain text to rich text.

I'm guessing becuase there is not rich text coding in the plain text version of the String. I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to have at least the hard returns or '\n' in the string to be turned into '<br/>'. I don't really want to build a class or anything to do this. I was wondering if someone knew how to do this with the data loader or excel.

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

The company I work for recently ingetrated with a product appexchange. Everything was going fine until our contact from the product we brought in told us that they were getting some apex trigger errors from our system. The error was someting like this: TriggerName: System.LimitException: Apex heap size too large: 6598792. Our contact tells me that one of our custom contacts is take up too much memory and is causing this error. However when I look at it the trigger name is a trigger brought in by the managed package that we brought from the appexchange. I was wondering if there is a way to look into which apex triggers or apex classes are taking up the most memory so that I can make a fix or possible deactivate them. 

If you need more explination or anything please let me know.

Thanks, 

Hi everyone,

I was asked to do reporting on all tasks in our system. When I look at the system overview I see that we have 70,000 tasks in our system. When I do reporting on all Open and Closed Tasks in our system I find that the report returns only 20,000 tasks. I am wondering what happened to the other 50,000 tasks that are in my system? Could they be private? Could they be reacurring tasks? I was wondering if anyone had an idea as to where those tasks could be.

Thanks,
Danny
Hi Everyone,

I have found muliple articles about this but nothing seems to work for me. I have a requriement to create a PDF form that has cursive writing on it. I have been tooling around with adding style sheets and inline style classes and even inline style attributes. Nothing I try seems to work. The font styles work on a regular visualforce page but as soon as I try to render the page as a PDF the font styles go away. I can't seem to get them to stay on the page when the visualforce page is set to render as a PDF. Is there a trick that will allow me to generate a PDF from the system and customize the font style. I guess it does not have to be a visualforce page but that's what I have tried so far. I have not looked into any other way to get this requirerment done. I have run up against a brick wall and can't seem to get around it.

Thanks for the help,
Danny
HI Everyone,

I have been having a weird issue and I don't know where to turn. I have a visualforce component with a Apex Controller. The Compoenent has a Command Button on it and has a method linked to it. When I click the button the method does not seem to trigger. The page just seems to reload and call the controllers constructor. I'm not sure why this is happening. The same code was working yesterday. I did make some changes but when I look at the code I can't seem to find anything wrong. When I put a breakpoint at the beginnig of the Apex Method it doesn't look like the method is even called. The Visualforce compoent is embbeded in a visualforce page that has a controller of it's own. I have no clue as to what the issue is. If you have run into a simmialr situation please let me know what your solution was if you found one. I am running out of options and ideas.

Thanks,
I created a joined report with two report types and a formula field for each report type in the joined report. When I try to create a chart that shows the two formula fields for some reason the report only shows one set of data. The Joined report is grouped by Account Name. Is there a reason why one group of data wouldn't show in the chart?
Hi Everyone,

I have been doing some work with visualforce pages and I have gotten view state errors every once in a while. I was wondering if there was a way to look for the view state in the apex code to see if certain actions will cause the view state error to happen and stop those actions before they cause the error. I know that tightening my soql code is a good way to manage view state but I was wondering if there was another way.

Thanks,
DannyK88
Hi Everyone,

I have been going through the Salesforce1 Developer guide book. I was going throught the canvas app example and I ran into an issue. I am unable to add the Shipify Canvas app to my chatter publisher layout. When I look back it says that I should have added the Shipify Canvas App to two locations: Chatter Tab and Publisher. However I only had Chatter Tab as an option. Also The checkbox "Create Actions Automatically" was not on my page as well. Is there a setting that I could have not turned on while setting up my developer org. My developer org was set up two years ago. Is that the issue? Do I have to set up a new developer org?

Thanks,

DannyK89
Hi Everyone,

I have created a Apex class that I would like to schedule to run. However when I try to schedule the class it does not run. 
I have run my test class to see if there is antying wrong but it seems to run fine with the test class. I don't understand what the issue is.
Currently in our salesforce org we have a thrid party product that runs a apex class every hour. Could that be causing an issue with my class? Is it possible the two classes can't run at the same time?

Let me know if there is anything else you need from me.

Thanks,

Hi Everyone,

I am having some issues with Data.com and a third party app I installed. When I enable Data.com Clean and use the third party app I get an error message

The error Message reads this:

Visualforce Error:

Exception: The configuration of your org has changed, please reload the page. Missing dependent object: Field: Contact.CleanStatus

Has anyone ever run into an issue like this? Does anyone know what could be causing this issue so I can let me third party app support know how to fix this?

Thanks,

I have embed a google maps in one of my custom objects. Based on the customer's address, the map is being displayed on the page. But how can I generate geocode (latitude and longitude) for the address? Any suggestions please.

Thank you in advance!

• April 24, 2012

I am trying to use a custom font (for info, Garamond) in a Visualforce page. Following some research, I have found that it might be possible to upload the font file as a static resource, and refer to it in the page.

However, I don't seem to be able to find much about the detail of how this works. So:

• Firstly, is this possible?
  • If so, in what format do I need to upload the font file? TTF? Zipped TTF? Other Font file?
  • Lastly, how do I reference the font in the Visualforce page? In other words, what would I put in the blank:
body {
font-family: _________;
}

Thanks for any help.