• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I've tried to install the Force.com IDE on my Windows 7 32-bit laptop.  I have other eclipse-based IDEs installed and working fine on this machine.

After the install, the installer launches the IDE, but the window is titled "Eclipse Provisioning" and the install seems incomplete.  The Window menu just has a Preferences option, so I cannot switch to the Force.com Perspective.  The bottom of the window includes tabs for "Apex Test Runner" and "Execute Anonymous" that look like they're Force.com related, but I can't seem to do much else.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

-Tom

I am trying to install IDE (force.com-ide-installer-win32.exe). First I had some trouble with the proxy settings in pulse explorer. I manage to overcome this. Then the installer stops with an error in forceide.exe:

JVM terminated. Exit code=-1

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Xms256m

-Xmx1024m

-XX:PermSize=128M

-XX:MaxPermSize=512M

-Djava.class.path=C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

-os win32

-ws win32

-arch x86

-showsplash

-launcher C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\forceide.exe

-name Forceide

--launcher.library C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com

IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.200.v20090519\eclipse_1206.dll

-startup C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

-install C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE

-configuration C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\configuration

-clean

-vm C:/Programme/Java/jre6/bin\client\jvm.dll

-vmargs

-Dfile.encoding=UTF-8

-Xms256m

-Xmx1024m

-XX:PermSize=128M

-XX:MaxPermSize=512M

-Djava.class.path=C:\Programme\salesforce.com\Force.com IDE\../Common/plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.201.R35x_v20090715.jar

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.