• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,

I've been fairly new to this SOAP thing and still trying to grasp the logic behind it.

So let's say I have an enterprise system (external) that needs to be connected to Salesforce using SOAP, what I need would be the following:
  1. Remote Site - where I'll put the endpoint URL and some other details
  2. WSDL Apex Class - will need WSDL file from the system to generate. Salesforce will use the methods from the system.
Am I missing something here? I think it's still not complete.. that I still need some other Apex class (like mentioned here) that will invoke those WSDL methods or something?

I'm working on a project involving this but up until now, I still cannot find that 'apex class' (if there is).

Appreciate the help! Thanks!

I have tried logging in with my production org credentials (as sysadmin) and on my dev org (as sysadmin).
I have the right to download AppExchange packets on both accounts.
I have cleared all cookies and retried.
In the Login History on the accounts I can see that the appexchange_api successfully logged in with Remote Access 2.0

What happens is:
I press ”Get it Now” and a new window pops up “Login to AppExchange"

I click “Open Login Screen”
Yet another window pops up: “appexchange_api is asking to: Access your basic information”
I click “Allow” on the prompt in the new window and after a while I get the response “Login Successful” after which nothing happens
Both windows are open and nothing happens

Thoughts anyone?

• January 27, 2020
I have built a custom Lightning page to mimic the old Agent Console that is being removed with Spring 20.
This was surprisingly easy to do and the result is rreally good. Except for the fact that the mail object containing all case emails, incoming and outgoing, is missing the button for composing a NEW email! There is a drop-down with links to Forwarding and Replying only.

We are using "On-Demand-Email to Case" with no problems since 10 years with no problems.

Salesforce can't just have "forgotten" that functionality so what am I doing wrong?
  • January 27, 2020

I have written a couple of Apex triggers that fire Before Insert on the case and that does sucessfully trigger the assigment rules. Everything is fine.

Now I added a trigger that fires when a user adds an attachment to a case. The trigger successfully updates the case status as intended but the case assigment rules are not invoked. Drat!

trigger NewAttachment on Attachment (after insert) {
        List<Case> CasesToUpdate = new List<Case>();
            for (Attachment t: Trigger.new){
                try{Case c = new Case(Id = t.ParentId);
                    c.Status='New Case';
                    CasesToUpdate.add(c);
                    }catch (Exception e){
                        }
                        }
                        update CasesToUpdate;
                        }

(I did not write this code myself, only modified it from a post on these forums)

As far s I understand, the assignment rules should fire when the cases are updated. But they don't seem to do that.  I have double and triple checked the string 'New Case'

Any thoughts?

• January 21, 2011
Hello. I'm new to salesforce. I created simple apex page, using standard controller and custom extension. I have contact list for a specific account shown as input fields to edit that straight away. The problem is when I added the extension, standard save function won't work, and I couldn't really find the solution. (without an extension saving works fine, but then I can see EVERY contact, not only contact connected to specific account). I would really appreciate some help. This is the code:
<apex:page standardController="Contact" recordSetVar="contacts" extensions="myExt"><apex:form >
    <apex:pageBlock title="Contacts">
        <apex:pageMessages />

<apex:pageBlockButtons >
            <apex:commandButton action="{! save}" value="Save"/>   
            <apex:commandButton value="Cancel" action="{!cancel}"/>
        </apex:pageBlockButtons>

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!contacts}" var="contact">

<apex:column ><apex:facet name="header">First name</apex:facet><apex:inputField value="{!contact.FirstName}" required="true"/></apex:column>
            <apex:column ><apex:facet name="header">Last name</apex:facet><apex:inputField value="{!contact.LastName}" required="true"/></apex:column>
            <apex:column ><apex:facet name="header">E-mail</apex:facet><apex:inputField value="{!contact.Email}"/></apex:column>
            <apex:column ><apex:facet name="header">Phone</apex:facet><apex:inputField value="{!contact.Phone}"/></apex:column>
            <apex:column ><apex:facet name="header">Description</apex:facet><apex:inputField value="{!contact.Description}"/></apex:column>
        </apex:pageBlockTable>  
    </apex:pageBlock></apex:form>
</apex:page>

and here is my extension:
public class myExt {

public ApexPages.StandardSetController stdCntrlr {get; set;}
 	public myExt(ApexPages.StandardSetController controller) {
        stdCntrlr = controller;
        contactAddList = new List<Contact>();
    }

private String sortOrder='LastName';
	private String acId=ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('Id');

public List<Contact> getContacts(){
        List<Contact> results = Database.query(
            'SELECT Id, FirstName, LastName, Phone, Email, Description ' +
			'FROM Contact WHERE AccountId=\'' + acId + '\' ' +
			'ORDER BY ' + sortOrder + ' ASC ' +
			'LIMIT 10'
            );
    	return results;
    }

}

I tried adding this code: 
public PageReference save() {
        stdCntrlr.save();
		return Apexpages.currentPage();
	}
to invoke standard save method, but it only refreshes the page. 

Hi everyone

I'm witting one of my first Visualforces.This one:
<apex:page Controller="ScenariosController">
    <apex:pageMessages ></apex:pageMessages>
    <apex:pageBlock >

<apex:pageBlockTable value="{!}" var="item" >

<apex:column value="{!item.Scenario__c}"                 style="background-color:{!If(item.CHK_Scenario_Principal__c ==True,'#beecf4', '')}"/>
            <apex:column value="{!item.PCK_Tower_Height__c}"         style="background-color:{!If(item.CHK_Scenario_Principal__c ==True,'#beecf4', '')}" />
            <apex:column value="{!item.NUM_Quantity__c}"             style="background-color:{!If(item.CHK_Scenario_Principal__c ==True,'#beecf4', '')}" />
            <apex:column value="{!item.CHK_Scenario_Principal__c}"   style="background-color:{!If(item.CHK_Scenario_Principal__c ==True,'#beecf4', '')}"/>
            <!-- background-color:{!If(opp.StageName =='Negotiation/Review','#7CFC00',If(opp.StageName =='Closed Won','#DEB887','#DC143C'))}; -->

</apex:pageBlockTable>
    </apex:pageBlock>
</apex:page>

And this controller:

public class ScenariosController{

List<Quote_line__c> quoteLineList;

//Populate a list with all the quote Lines != NULL ordered by NUM_Scenario__c DESC
    public List<Quote_line__c> getQuoteLineItems(){
       Id budgetId= ApexPages.currentPage().getParameters().get('Id');
       if (budgetId!= NULL){
           List<Quote_line__c> quoteLineList = new List<Quote_line__c>();
           quoteLineList = [SELECT id,name,lkp_product__r.family__c, lkp_product__r.Nominal_Power_MW__c, CHK_Included__c,
                                        NUM_Cost__c,LKP_Configurator__c,Sum_mandatory_fields_for_budReq_unfill__C,Date_from__c,Date_to__c,
                                        TXT_Tower_First_Value__c, NUM_Quantity__c,LKP_Product__c,MD_quote__c, NUM_Scenario__c, CHK_Scenario_Principal__c
                             FROM quote_line__c 
                             WHERE NUM_Scenario__c != NULL
                             ORDER BY NUM_Scenario__c
                             DESC];
                           }
        return quoteLineList;
    }
}

I don't know how to continue. What I know is, I have to define the get method to pass data from the controller to the Visualforce but no idea about where and how to put it.

Thanks in advance for your time!
Cheers!
Alberto
Hi all,

I've been fairly new to this SOAP thing and still trying to grasp the logic behind it.

So let's say I have an enterprise system (external) that needs to be connected to Salesforce using SOAP, what I need would be the following:
  1. Remote Site - where I'll put the endpoint URL and some other details
  2. WSDL Apex Class - will need WSDL file from the system to generate. Salesforce will use the methods from the system.
Am I missing something here? I think it's still not complete.. that I still need some other Apex class (like mentioned here) that will invoke those WSDL methods or something?

I'm working on a project involving this but up until now, I still cannot find that 'apex class' (if there is).

Appreciate the help! Thanks!
Hi friends
I am very much new to salesforce deployment
Please advise on how to deploy , say sandbox to production or   any other.
a) what is the order of objects to deploy?
b) what tools for deployment
c) the actual process
d) How to deploy through eclipse?

Any help will be greatly appreciated....
Thanks
krishna

I have the below code setup for a detail page button/on click execute java script, and it doesn't give any errors, it reloads the page, but it doesn't change the record type at all.  From everything I can find this should work.  Any eyes see what I cannot? 

Code:
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/13.0/connection.js")}
var newRecords = []; 
var c = new sforce.SObject("Opportunity"); 
c.id ="{!Opportunity.Id}";
c.RecordTypeId = "01240000000DMIpADO";
newRecords.push(c); 
result = sforce.connection.update(newRecords);
window.location.reload();

Thanks a ton in advance!

• October 20, 2008