• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

My Salesforce app calls out to my own external web service. The documentation says to use the user ID and session ID to authenticate and identify users from an external service. Specifically, you're supposed to put the user and session IDs in the web request then have your service call back through the Force.com API to check that the user has an active session and has been authenticated.

I get the idea but there is no example or further explanation. HOW is that done with the API? WHAT API methods are used?

My Salesforce app calls out to my own external web service. The documentation says to use the user ID and session ID to authenticate and identify users from an external service. Specifically, you're supposed to put the user and session IDs in the web request then have your service call back through the Force.com API to check that the user has an active session and has been authenticated.

I get the idea but there is no example or further explanation. HOW is that done with the API? WHAT API methods are used?

I want to add a button to the Document page layout but I don't see Documents in Customize nor do I see "Edit Layout" when viewing a document nor can I figure out the name of the layout to use with the migration tool.

My Salesforce app calls out to my own external web service. The documentation says to use the user ID and session ID to authenticate and identify users from an external service. Specifically, you're supposed to put the user and session IDs in the web request then have your service call back through the Force.com API to check that the user has an active session and has been authenticated.

My Salesforce app calls out to my own external web service. The documentation says to use the user ID and session ID to authenticate and identify users from an external service. Specifically, you're supposed to put the user and session IDs in the web request then have your service call back through the Force.com API to check that the user has an active session and has been authenticated.