• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

When you convert a LEAD into Account/Contact, Salesforce.com has rules in place that copies the data where it deems best.   One example is the LEAD SOURCE field winds up being transferred over to ACCOUNTS level record.    I however also want that same data to appear down in each CONTACT record that is a part of that same ACCOUNT.   When we are on the phone, I want to know what the LEAD SOURCE is.    How can this be solved?     Can I just display the account field LEAD SOURCE in the Contact view?  Or perhaps I have to create a custom field in CONTACTS level and create a formula for grabbing/copying that data down into Contacts - Lead Source field.

NOTE:  We are on GROUP EDITION of Salesforce.

Thanks for your assistance.

When you convert a LEAD into Account/Contact, Salesforce.com has rules in place that copies the data where it deems best.   One example is the LEAD SOURCE field winds up being transferred over to ACCOUNTS level record.    I however also want that same data to appear down in each CONTACT record that is a part of that same ACCOUNT.   When we are on the phone, I want to know what the LEAD SOURCE is.    How can this be solved?     Can I just display the account field LEAD SOURCE in the Contact view?  Or perhaps I have to create a custom field in CONTACTS level and create a formula for grabbing/copying that data down into Contacts - Lead Source field.

NOTE:  We are on GROUP EDITION of Salesforce.

Thanks for your assistance.