• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi Friends,

We have a requirement like we need to group the opportunities under one opportunity(parent opportunity) and generate the invoice/Billing. 
Creating a lookup relationship under the opportunity itself, it seems to be effecting the forecasting because the parent opportunity also getting added to the user's forecast list. 
what is the best practice to follow and how can we accomplish this requirement. Any suggestions...

Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks,
Krish

• September 13, 2016
Hi All,

Recently salesforce is announced that Salesforce certificate imapacted by Microsoft windows update. 

We have "Single Sign On" in salesforce application and it is used by "Request Signing Certificate" as "Default Certificate".  If we create a self signed certificate and replace the default certificate then
Is it required to give that certificate to other system(EX:Microsoft windows server) ?

We have integrated the salesforce to .net application, If we update the API Client certificate to self signed certificate then
Is it required to give that certificate to .net application?

We can't create CA signed certificate as we have already signed CA certificate. Can we upload the CA singed certificate to Salesforce?
And self signed certificates will not support for all the websites
What is the exact process that we need to follow in this case? this is urgent.

Thanks in advance....please suggest on this.

Regards,
Krish

Hi Folks,

In VF page, some fields we need to show on right hand and some of them need to show on left hand side. But based on some conditions we are show/hiding some fields then we are getting 2 or 3 spaces/blank lines between the fields. we are using pageblock section items in pagebolck section. any suggestions ...

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Folks,

What is the best version control tool for salesforce. Is it SVN or GITHUB.
In case of multiple vendors working on the same project then which is the best version control and migration tools.
Is Jenkins and bamboos free or paid migration tools.

This is urgent.Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,
Krish 
Hi Folks,

There is a after update trigger on account object. In trigger, there is a date field we are checking the date is changed or not if it is changed we are doing some process.

The trigger is executed 5 times in the transaction.

First time debugs:
Old value --- 11/25/2015
New value --- 11/26/2015  dates are different then class is executed.

Second time:
Old value --- 11/26/2015
New value --- 11/26/2015

Third time:
Old value --- 11/25/2015
New value --- 11/26/2015 -- dates are changed then class is executed. but in the second transaction the new date is override the old date but the third time getting different values same as first transaction values. Is it recursive or some thing wrong in the code? There is no field update and not assiging in the code for the field but the update is happened from the Job.

Fourth time:
Old value --- 11/26/2015
New value --- 11/26/2015

Fiftth time:
Old value --- 11/26/2015
New value --- 11/26/2015

Please help on this.

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Friends,

We have a requirement like, Batch job updates the Opportunity field if the field is changed then we need to send the information to third party system. It might be bulk records.

I am trying to write the future call from Opportunity trigger after update event. but getting the error we can't call the future method from batch job. will it come under the batch job transaction?

So i am planning to write the apex queueable, but the apex queueable also we can call one time in the batch job transaction. if we get more records then how to split the records and send it third party system. 

Please suggest on this.

Thanks,
Krish

Hi Folks,

We are doing integartion between salesforce & .Net using REST API. From the external system they will send the records to salesforce using json format. so how may records we will send from external system to salesforce ? will it depend on json format size like upto 6 MB.

any sugestions....

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Folks,

We are doing a field update using workflows and it is a formula. we are getting the below error.

Value not of required type: common.formula.FormulaRuntimeTypeException: Incorrect argument type for operator '+'. : []

Thanks,
krish
Hi Folks,

I am using metadata api in salesforce.while updating the picklist values and the corresponding recordtype picklist values i am getting the IO exception read time out error. how to set time out for metadata api? 

any suggestions,

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Guys,

I need to show an alert or page message i.e. success message then only redirect the page to detail page.

any suggestions....

Thanks,
Krish
Hi All,

We need to remove/hide the "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs" dialog from the alerts. is there any way ?

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Guys,

We have two methods after execute the first method need to execute another method based on the first method.

we are updating a record in first method after success of the first record we need to execute the second method but the second method is webservice method we can't call directly from the method. 

So using oncomplete executing the one by one but if the record update failed i need to stop the execution of second method. I have tried using if condition in oncomplete but not able to do.

Any suggestions

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Guys,

We have a CA singed certificate, After upload the certificate through the "Import from Key Store" it is not showing in the certificate list and there is no error.

do we need follow the instructions by click on the "Create CA signed certificate" button and follow the steps ?

but they have mentioned that "Download Certificate Signing Request. Send the certificate request to the certificate authority of your choice.".

We have already CA signed certificate then what is the need to download the Certificate Signing Request.
again send the certificate request to the certificate authority. It is again burden to Clients and they wont accept it.

Can we move the certificate details form sandbox to production directly or do we need to follow the same steps for production ?

If we use self signed certificate we are getting the call out exception: handshake error.

Any suggestions it is very urgent...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Krish

Hi Guys,

Can we do the deployments at the time of salesforce maintenances and upgrading with new features i.e summer/winter...  

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Guys,

I have a custom button, in that button i am querying the record from UserRecordAccess  object using AJAX script to know the current user is having the edit access or not  on the particular record.
If user is having the edit access then only i am doing some operations. It is working fine as a system admin. but when the end user click on the button it is showing error Invalid Type sobject.

It is not working for the running users. please suggest on this. Other than the UserRecordAccess object, is there any other way to know the record access.

Thanks,
Krish

Hi Guys,

Is there any limitiation for iterating the no of records in a for loop ? .

for loop with in for loop doing iteration for 10,000 records. is there any impact ?

Thanks,
Krish
Hi  Guys,

I am disabling a button using home page component. but in recent release HTML are is deprecated and enabled visualforce area component.
thats why i have created a VF page and included some java scrip on that page and added the same in the component.

but the javascript is not working once the opportunity detail page is load. how to execute the javascript automatically from the visualforce area component.

please suggest on this.

Thanks,
Krish

Hi Guys,

We have a custom button on Opportunity page and included below scripts and executing a class method.

{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/29.0/connection.js")}
{!REQUIRESCRIPT("/soap/ajax/29.0/apex.js")}

when i see in the debug log it is showing as API request. so will it count under "API REQUESTS, LAST 24 HOURS"

please suggest on this.

Thanks,
Krish
I am adding picklist values in Selected Values through Metadata API for a particular recordtype. but the existing selected values are removing when i assign new values to Selected values.

how to get the existing values from RecordTypePicklistValue[] in Metadata API or else only those two new values to be added in the Selected Values.

Code:     

MetadataService.RecordType rt = new MetadataService.RecordType();
rt.active = true;
rt.fullName = 'Lead.Marketing';
rt.label = 'Marketing';

// Add pick list values
        metadataservice.PicklistValue two = new metadataservice.PicklistValue();
        two.fullName= 'second';
        two.default_x=false;
        metadataservice.PicklistValue three = new metadataservice.PicklistValue();
        three.fullName= 'third';
        three.default_x=false;

MetadataService.RecordTypePicklistValue ohmVersions = new MetadataService.RecordTypePicklistValue();
ohmVersions.Picklist = 'Picklist__C';
ohmVersions.values = new MetadataService.PicklistValue[] { two,three};
rt.PicklistValues = new MetadataService.RecordTypePicklistValue[] { ohmVersions };

return handleSaveResults( service.updateMetadata( new MetadataService.Metadata[] { rt })[0]);

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Folks,

How can we get the remaining limitation for API call in third party application.
If we exceed the API call limit per day then how can we handele the requests.
If request sent from third party application to salesforce and the limit is crossed, will it be in queue for next day?

Can any one please suggest on these scearios. Its urgent !!! Thanks in Advance!!!

Regards,
Krish

I am adding picklist values in Selected Values through Metadata API for a particular recordtype. but the existing selected values are removing when i assign new values to Selected values.

how to get the existing values from RecordTypePicklistValue[] in Metadata API or else only those two new values to be added in the Selected Values.

Code:     

MetadataService.RecordType rt = new MetadataService.RecordType();
rt.active = true;
rt.fullName = 'Lead.Marketing';
rt.label = 'Marketing';

// Add pick list values
        metadataservice.PicklistValue two = new metadataservice.PicklistValue();
        two.fullName= 'second';
        two.default_x=false;
        metadataservice.PicklistValue three = new metadataservice.PicklistValue();
        three.fullName= 'third';
        three.default_x=false;

MetadataService.RecordTypePicklistValue ohmVersions = new MetadataService.RecordTypePicklistValue();
ohmVersions.Picklist = 'Picklist__C';
ohmVersions.values = new MetadataService.PicklistValue[] { two,three};
rt.PicklistValues = new MetadataService.RecordTypePicklistValue[] { ohmVersions };

return handleSaveResults( service.updateMetadata( new MetadataService.Metadata[] { rt })[0]);

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Folks,

What is the best version control tool for salesforce. Is it SVN or GITHUB.
In case of multiple vendors working on the same project then which is the best version control and migration tools.
Is Jenkins and bamboos free or paid migration tools.

This is urgent.Thanks in advance!!!

Regards,
Krish 
Hi Folks,

There is a after update trigger on account object. In trigger, there is a date field we are checking the date is changed or not if it is changed we are doing some process.

The trigger is executed 5 times in the transaction.

First time debugs:
Old value --- 11/25/2015
New value --- 11/26/2015  dates are different then class is executed.

Second time:
Old value --- 11/26/2015
New value --- 11/26/2015

Third time:
Old value --- 11/25/2015
New value --- 11/26/2015 -- dates are changed then class is executed. but in the second transaction the new date is override the old date but the third time getting different values same as first transaction values. Is it recursive or some thing wrong in the code? There is no field update and not assiging in the code for the field but the update is happened from the Job.

Fourth time:
Old value --- 11/26/2015
New value --- 11/26/2015

Fiftth time:
Old value --- 11/26/2015
New value --- 11/26/2015

Please help on this.

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Friends,

We have a requirement like, Batch job updates the Opportunity field if the field is changed then we need to send the information to third party system. It might be bulk records.

I am trying to write the future call from Opportunity trigger after update event. but getting the error we can't call the future method from batch job. will it come under the batch job transaction?

So i am planning to write the apex queueable, but the apex queueable also we can call one time in the batch job transaction. if we get more records then how to split the records and send it third party system. 

Please suggest on this.

Thanks,
Krish

Hi Folks,

I am using metadata api in salesforce.while updating the picklist values and the corresponding recordtype picklist values i am getting the IO exception read time out error. how to set time out for metadata api? 

any suggestions,

Thanks,
Krish
Hi All,

We need to remove/hide the "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs" dialog from the alerts. is there any way ?

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Guys,

We have two methods after execute the first method need to execute another method based on the first method.

we are updating a record in first method after success of the first record we need to execute the second method but the second method is webservice method we can't call directly from the method. 

So using oncomplete executing the one by one but if the record update failed i need to stop the execution of second method. I have tried using if condition in oncomplete but not able to do.

Any suggestions

Thanks,
Krish
Hi Guys,

I have a custom button, in that button i am querying the record from UserRecordAccess  object using AJAX script to know the current user is having the edit access or not  on the particular record.
If user is having the edit access then only i am doing some operations. It is working fine as a system admin. but when the end user click on the button it is showing error Invalid Type sobject.

It is not working for the running users. please suggest on this. Other than the UserRecordAccess object, is there any other way to know the record access.

Thanks,
Krish

Hi Guys,

Is there any limitiation for iterating the no of records in a for loop ? .

for loop with in for loop doing iteration for 10,000 records. is there any impact ?

Thanks,
Krish
I have uploaded a certificate. I have created a vf page to enter its name but as a part of validation I need to check if certificate name is correct i.e. whether that certificate exists in my org (uploaded in org)

Though I know it throws an an error during callout but is there a way to check before hand i.e. at the time of giving certificate name in my vf page

Thanks in advance
Hi  Guys,

I am disabling a button using home page component. but in recent release HTML are is deprecated and enabled visualforce area component.
thats why i have created a VF page and included some java scrip on that page and added the same in the component.

but the javascript is not working once the opportunity detail page is load. how to execute the javascript automatically from the visualforce area component.

please suggest on this.

Thanks,
Krish

Hi Folks,

How can we get the remaining limitation for API call in third party application.
If we exceed the API call limit per day then how can we handele the requests.
If request sent from third party application to salesforce and the limit is crossed, will it be in queue for next day?

Can any one please suggest on these scearios. Its urgent !!! Thanks in Advance!!!

Regards,
Krish

Hi All,

I want to capture the IP address of the system in the web to Lead form. please suggest.
Hi Friends,

contact.LastName = nameParts.size() > 1 ? nameParts[nameParts.size()-1] : nameParts[0];

in the above statement, the "?" what it will check and  what it means "nameParts[nameParts.size()-1] : nameParts[0]"

it isconfusing littlebit. please any one explain abt the line.

thanks,
Krish
Hello friends long time no see,

Is there a way to upload your .pfx file (private key and certificate) for WebService legacy integration, to Static Resource or Documents to later query it from Apex and then convert it into Base64 string?

Or the only way is to download Openssl and then execute "openssl base64 -in certifIF.pfx -out outputfile.txt" , then open it and copy the whole String?

Cheers