• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a requirement to integrate with an external web service using APEX web service callouts and providing a certificate for mutual authentication. Based on this link this is supported:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Making_Authenticated_Web_Service_Callouts_Using_Two-Way_SSL

The security group, however, would like to have a single certificate across multiple sandboxes. They will only support CA-signed certificates and not Self signed certificates. Based on the fact that you need to generate the certificate request from each sandbox I do not see a way to support this 'single' certificate requirement.

Further more the sample certificate that they support is as follows:

DC=com, DC=highmark, OU=external, OU=people, UID=salesforceuser

The generated certificate request contains the following attributes and I do not see a way to input additional attributes based on the form provided:

C=US, ST=ST, L=City, O=Company, OU=external, CN=salesforceuser

• January 28, 2011

I have a requirement to integrate with an external web service using APEX web service callouts and providing a certificate for mutual authentication. Based on this link this is supported:

http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Making_Authenticated_Web_Service_Callouts_Using_Two-Way_SSL

The security group, however, would like to have a single certificate across multiple sandboxes. They will only support CA-signed certificates and not Self signed certificates. Based on the fact that you need to generate the certificate request from each sandbox I do not see a way to support this 'single' certificate requirement.

Further more the sample certificate that they support is as follows:

DC=com, DC=highmark, OU=external, OU=people, UID=salesforceuser

The generated certificate request contains the following attributes and I do not see a way to input additional attributes based on the form provided:

C=US, ST=ST, L=City, O=Company, OU=external, CN=salesforceuser

• January 28, 2011