• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I have a custom email button that pulls a specific template into the email. This template has an attachment that comes with it but for some reason when clicking this custom email button the template does not pull through. How do I get the button to make sure the attachment pulls through with the Email template as well?

Here is the code I have right now:

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!SDN__Room__c.Id}&p3_lkid={!SDN__Room__c.Id}&rtype=003&p24={!SDN__Room__c.Hotel_Email__c}&template_id=00XA0000000PKPw')

Any help would be appreciated :) thank you!

• March 21, 2011

I am brand new to Apex and wrote my first trigger. a very simple one - and it works perfectly but a I'm not sure where to even start with writing an apex test class..

My trigger is setup to update a lookup field based on the value of another lookup field. (basically so the user can select the "account" from a record, hit save, and have the "parent account" automatically populate into the other lookup field. Rather than having to select a value for both lookup fields.)

Here is the trigger:

trigger UpdateManagementCompanyField on Transfer__c (before insert, before update) {for(Transfer__c a:Trigger.new){a.Management_Company__c = a.Management_Company_ID__c;}

}

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• March 08, 2011

I've made a few simple custom buttons before but this one I'm trying to do now - has me stumped.

I would like to create a custom "Email Button" on the Accounts Tab  - With this email button I would like to be able to select multiple account records, click the "email button" and have the email populate the "Additional To:" Email field with all the Emails on each of the selected accounts.

The Email field is a custom field on the account page - 

I realize that this can sort of be done through contacts using the mass email contacts feature, but it is too encumbersome for what we are trying to do.

I Would love any input or solutions on this.

• February 03, 2011

I have a custom email button that pulls a specific template into the email. This template has an attachment that comes with it but for some reason when clicking this custom email button the template does not pull through. How do I get the button to make sure the attachment pulls through with the Email template as well?

Here is the code I have right now:

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!SDN__Room__c.Id}&p3_lkid={!SDN__Room__c.Id}&rtype=003&p24={!SDN__Room__c.Hotel_Email__c}&template_id=00XA0000000PKPw')

Any help would be appreciated :) thank you!

• March 21, 2011

I am brand new to Apex and wrote my first trigger. a very simple one - and it works perfectly but a I'm not sure where to even start with writing an apex test class..

My trigger is setup to update a lookup field based on the value of another lookup field. (basically so the user can select the "account" from a record, hit save, and have the "parent account" automatically populate into the other lookup field. Rather than having to select a value for both lookup fields.)

Here is the trigger:

trigger UpdateManagementCompanyField on Transfer__c (before insert, before update) {for(Transfer__c a:Trigger.new){a.Management_Company__c = a.Management_Company_ID__c;}

}

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• March 08, 2011