• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

First I'm new to SF administration and development.

I'm trying to get some basic case escalation setup for our users.  We have a required field due date that users enter when setting up a case.  I would like to remind the user that the case is due 2 days prior to the due date and then escalate the case to a manager 1 day after the due date if it is not completed. 

Some basic questions-

Are escalation rules run daily?

Does a case have to be modified for the escalation to take place?

Is there a way to test this in my sandbox without having to wait a day?

Under Customize->Cases->Support Settings what is 'Early Triggers Enabled: Use this setting to enable early triggers on escalation rules? 

So what would be best practices for this type of solution?  Timed Workflow or Escalation rules?

Thanks,

Jim

• February 10, 2011

Hi all,

First I'm new to SF administration and development.

I'm trying to get some basic case escalation setup for our users.  We have a required field due date that users enter when setting up a case.  I would like to remind the user that the case is due 2 days prior to the due date and then escalate the case to a manager 1 day after the due date if it is not completed. 

Some basic questions-

Are escalation rules run daily?

Does a case have to be modified for the escalation to take place?

Is there a way to test this in my sandbox without having to wait a day?

Under Customize->Cases->Support Settings what is 'Early Triggers Enabled: Use this setting to enable early triggers on escalation rules? 

So what would be best practices for this type of solution?  Timed Workflow or Escalation rules?

Thanks,

Jim

• February 10, 2011