• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm looking to setup an inetgration with paypal and our SF org, although we need it to make payments to partners in our system rather than take money from people completing a form.

Basically we have all our partners setup with accounts in SF where we store their paypal account email.

Each month we create a related payment record in a custom object, for how much they're owed. Every time one of these records in generated we need to connect to paypal to pay it from our account, and write the IPN detais back onto the record so we can confirm its paid and send them a self bill invoice.

All the apps and guides I've looked at all seem to operate on on the assumption I'm tryinn to collect money from many people into 1 account, as opposed to paying it out to many, from one account.

Does anyone know a way or an app to do this.

PS...if your offering your services and experience, that's great....but please detail your experience in this particular area, as this is quite a mission critical requirement, and I'm not really open to any ambitious, 'have a go' developers on this one.

Sorry...don't mean to put down anyones experience in other areas...but automating the movement of money is a whole other ball game.

thanks

warren.cowan@greenlightdigital.com

Really loving the dashboard filters in salesforce dashboards, but does anyone know of a parameter or combination of them, that can be passed in the url, to load the dashbaord with a specific filter value.

I've done lots of this with reports using ?pv0= parameter, but havent had any luck with dashboards.

Anyone had a go at this?

thanks in advance

warren

I have multi currency enabled in my org, and have accounts who we record things for in mutliple currencies. 

So 'account' A, has a 'project' in the US billed in USD and one in the UK billed in gbp and one in France billed in euros. So their project records reflect these currencies in the currency iso code field.

When we generate child 'billing' records against each of these projects, I want the records to inherit the same currency iso code as the parent by default. Unfortunately they don't inherit it. 

I've tried workflow field updates, but they dont seem to have access to the currency iso code field.

I don't know if a master detail relationship would solve it, but I cant go there as this 'billing' object is the target of a snapshot, and you cant have insert triggers either....and yes I know you can't run workflows on a snapshot object either, but i am disabling them before I run the analytic snapshot.

I feel like I'm stuffed here tbh...but would gladly appreciate any input by someone more familair in this area.

I have multi currency enabled in my org, and have accounts who we record things for in mutliple currencies. 

So 'account' A, has a 'project' in the US billed in USD and one in the UK billed in gbp and one in France billed in euros. So their project records reflect these currencies in the currency iso code field.

When we generate child 'billing' records against each of these projects, I want the records to inherit the same currency iso code as the parent by default. Unfortunately they don't inherit it. 

I've tried workflow field updates, but they dont seem to have access to the currency iso code field.

I don't know if a master detail relationship would solve it, but I cant go there as this 'billing' object is the target of a snapshot, and you cant have insert triggers either....and yes I know you can't run workflows on a snapshot object either, but i am disabling them before I run the analytic snapshot.

I feel like I'm stuffed here tbh...but would gladly appreciate any input by someone more familair in this area.

Hello,

1. I have a custom object Placement. This has a master-detail relationship to Account.

2. For a profile for custom portal user, the Object level permissions for Account are set to read access and for Placement are set read and edit access.

3. I have a Share that is programmatically created using Apex sharing rules to grant edit permissions for certain Accounts for a portal user.

4. Now when this user logs on the portal, the Account appears read only. This is as expected, as the Standard object permissions are set to Read for Account.

5. Now in the customer portal, when this user goes to Placement which is a child of the account, the placement record shows up as expected with an Edit button. However clicking on Edit button brings up a page that you do not have access permissions to edit this record. However the custom object permissions are set to “Edit” for Placement. Also Apex sharing rule had set Edit permission for Account which is parent (using Master Detail) of Placement. 

It is not clear why the Placement is not editable, if the Edit permission is granted at an Account level by the Apex share, and also custom object permissions are set to Edit for Placement.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks