• 0 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

I'm developing an integration between MS Project and a custom object in my org. Everything works fine with MS Project 2003, I can move data back/forth between SFDC using VBA under the Office Toolkit (Version 4).

When I try the same exact code under MS Project 2010, I get errors. The application works fine the first time I access MS Project, but when I try to access it multiple times within the same session, the VBA crashes, bringing down MS Project 2010.

My code appears to be clean (i.e. I'm setting objects to nothing after using them), but I can't determine why my app is so fragile under MS Project 2010.

Has anyone seen this ? There must be some differences between the two (MSP 2003 and MSP 2010) that I am not aware of. 

Thanks,

Darrell

I'm trying to create an 'after update' trigger on a custom object (billing_event__c).

It needs to set the value of a lookup field (Account) on the billing event whenever the billing event is updated. The twist is that the Account field needs to be set to the same Account that another lookup field on the billing event object is already pointing to.   For example, the billing event has a lookup to a project called 'Project X'. If you look at Project X, it has a lookup to an Account called 'ABC Company'. I need to set the Acocunt field on the billing event object to 'ABC Company' whenever the billing event is updated.

Here's what I wrote, but it is not working. As I'm new at this, I'm obviously doing something wrong:

trigger BE_Trigger on pse__Billing_Event__c (before update) {

pse__Billing_Event__c myBillingEvent = trigger.old[0];

myBillingEvent.Account__c = myBillingEvent.pse__Project__r.pse__Account__c;

update myBillingEvent;

}

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Darrell

I'm trying to create an 'after update' trigger on a custom object (billing_event__c).

It needs to set the value of a lookup field (Account) on the billing event whenever the billing event is updated. The twist is that the Account field needs to be set to the same Account that another lookup field on the billing event object is already pointing to.   For example, the billing event has a lookup to a project called 'Project X'. If you look at Project X, it has a lookup to an Account called 'ABC Company'. I need to set the Acocunt field on the billing event object to 'ABC Company' whenever the billing event is updated.

Here's what I wrote, but it is not working. As I'm new at this, I'm obviously doing something wrong:

trigger BE_Trigger on pse__Billing_Event__c (before update) {

pse__Billing_Event__c myBillingEvent = trigger.old[0];

myBillingEvent.Account__c = myBillingEvent.pse__Project__r.pse__Account__c;

update myBillingEvent;

}

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Darrell