• 30 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are attempting to create a workflow that assigns a task to leads that attend a campaign.

Here is what we have set up:

Object: Lead

Eval Criteria: created, and every time it's edited

Rules (Criteria are met): Lead: Campaign Member Status "Contains" = Attented, Registered

Task Creation:

Assigned To: Lead Owner

Due Date: Rule Trigger Date + 7 days

When we test this workflow by modifying a lead record to "attended" or "registered" in the campaign section, the work flow DOES NOT create a task for the lead.

I double, triple, and quadruple checked all options to get the workflow to run properly but I am coming up blank... any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I created a custom object with a select set of fields and have been testing it in our company's sandbox.  Today I went to have some of our users log into the sandbox to play around wtih it but for some reason it isnt visible to them.  I attempted to sift through any security setting i could find to correct this issue but I didnt have any luck.  Has anyone encountered this problem and know how to fix it?

Hi all, I created a lead assignment rule that sorts leads to our regional sales managers by what state they are in.  All other leads whether it be leads outside of the United States or leads that didnt fill out the state and leads that put B.S. info into the state field would default to our VP of Business Development.  Essentially this is what I am looking to do:

North East: Lead: State/ProvinceequalsME,Maine,VT,Vermont,NH,New Hampshire,MA,Massachusetts,RI,Rhode Island,CT,Connecticut,NY,New York,PA,Pennsylvania,WV,West Virginia,VA,Virginia,MD,Maryland,DE,Deleware,NJ,New Jersey,DC,District of Columbia

South East: Lead: State/ProvinceequalsOK,Oklahoma,Arkansas,AR,Louisiana,LA,Mississippi,MS,Alabama,AL,Georgia,GA,North Carolina,NC,South Carolina,SC,Tennessee,TN,TX,Texas

Mid-West: Lead: State/ProvinceequalsMinnesota,MN,Iowa,IA,Wisconsin,WI,Michigan,MI,Missouri,MO,Illinois,IL,Indiana,IN,Ohio,OH,Kentucky,KY,ND,North Dakota,SD,South Dakota,Nebraska,NB,ne,Kansas,KS

West: Lead: State/ProvinceequalsAZ,arizona,new mexico,nm,wyoming,wy,colorado,co,utah,ut,idaho,id,CA,california,or,oregon,wa,washington,nv,nevada,mo,montana

VP of Business Development:  Everything else.

My issue is... When someone fills out a lead form on our web page with bogus info it doesnt reassign the lead and the lead sits without being disqualified.  How do I write a statement to catch ALL people that do not fit in the four regions listed above? 

At dreamforce i took a hands on breakout and we created a basic flow and implemented it and it showed up at the case level as a button.  In the cloud flow designer when i activate a flow i do not see how i can add the corresponding button...  This is most likely the dumbest question but for some reason i cannot figure it out in our sandbox for the life of me...

Thanks in advance!

-Peter

I would like to take a custom check box field "requirements spec sheet reviewed by engineer" only modifyable by certain users.  I cannot seem to find any literature on creating a validation rule where i can list out specified users that should have access to modifying that field and the salesforce general examples dont even pass a syntax check.

My goal for this is that i dont want the field to be able to be selected by any user as it is a gatekeeper field.  I only want administrators and engineers able to check off this box. 

Is this possible the way i am looking to do it?

Thanks!

I followed some strings on here and i thought i had it figured out but for some reason my formula logic is not working.  This is what i am looking to do:

Fields: Type (pick list):  "New Business" or "Existing Business"

Stage (picklist): "Proposal/Quotation"

Spec Sheet Reviewed by Eng.? (Check Box)

Desired logic:  If Type = Existing Business, validation rule never returns an error.

If Type = New Business, validation rule checks the following when the stage is changed to "proposal/quotation:

Spec Sheet Reviewed by Eng.? = True  (Validation rule returns no error)

Spec Sheet Reviewed by Eng.? = False (Validation rule returns error)

So the requirements to return an error must be: first check to see if the stage is being changed to "proposal/quotation" and if this is true check to see what the type is set at.  If it is existing business, return no error regardless of the "spec sheet reviewed by eng.?" checkbox.  If it is New business, check to see if "Spec sheet reviewed by eng.?" is checked or not.  If not checked, return error.  If checked, return no error.

Here is what i have so far and thought it was working but it return an error when i select the check box when it shouldnt:

IF(AND(ISPICKVAL(StageName, "Proposal/Price Quote"), ISPICKVAL( Type , "New Business")), Requirements_Spec_Sheet_Reviewed_by_Eng__c =FALSE,(Requirements_Spec_Sheet_Reviewed_by_Eng__c=TRUE))

I have a validation rule that requires the close date to be the first of the month.  So far i have tested the formula to work on every month but December.  I cant figure out where the logic is becoming broken for that month.  Any help?

DAY(CloseDate) <>
IF(Month(CloseDate)=12, 31,
DAY(DATE(YEAR(CloseDate),MONTH(CloseDate),1)))

Thanks!

Two fields I am looking to modify are:

Stage (Standard Field:Picklist)

Req. Spec Sheet ( Custom field: check box)

Before an opportunity can be moved from the needs analysis stage to the proposal and price quote stage i would like a validation rule that requires the "Req. Spec Sheet" field to be checked.  If the field is not checked i would like it to reflect an error. 

I formulated a proper formula and everything and then clicked check syntax and came back with the error that only certain functions are allowed on picklists... ahh!!!

Can someone help me formulate this validation rule to work properly with a pick list?

Thanks!

-Peter

We are attempting to create a workflow that assigns a task to leads that attend a campaign.

Here is what we have set up:

Object: Lead

Eval Criteria: created, and every time it's edited

Rules (Criteria are met): Lead: Campaign Member Status "Contains" = Attented, Registered

Task Creation:

Assigned To: Lead Owner

Due Date: Rule Trigger Date + 7 days

When we test this workflow by modifying a lead record to "attended" or "registered" in the campaign section, the work flow DOES NOT create a task for the lead.

I double, triple, and quadruple checked all options to get the workflow to run properly but I am coming up blank... any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I would like to take a custom check box field "requirements spec sheet reviewed by engineer" only modifyable by certain users.  I cannot seem to find any literature on creating a validation rule where i can list out specified users that should have access to modifying that field and the salesforce general examples dont even pass a syntax check.

My goal for this is that i dont want the field to be able to be selected by any user as it is a gatekeeper field.  I only want administrators and engineers able to check off this box. 

Is this possible the way i am looking to do it?

Thanks!

I have a validation rule that requires the close date to be the first of the month.  So far i have tested the formula to work on every month but December.  I cant figure out where the logic is becoming broken for that month.  Any help?

DAY(CloseDate) <>
IF(Month(CloseDate)=12, 31,
DAY(DATE(YEAR(CloseDate),MONTH(CloseDate),1)))

Thanks!

Two fields I am looking to modify are:

Stage (Standard Field:Picklist)

Req. Spec Sheet ( Custom field: check box)

Before an opportunity can be moved from the needs analysis stage to the proposal and price quote stage i would like a validation rule that requires the "Req. Spec Sheet" field to be checked.  If the field is not checked i would like it to reflect an error. 

I formulated a proper formula and everything and then clicked check syntax and came back with the error that only certain functions are allowed on picklists... ahh!!!

Can someone help me formulate this validation rule to work properly with a pick list?

Thanks!

-Peter