• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi,

On the UserRole object there is a field called rollUpDescription. In our localized help it states this is the name used in Reports. In the general helpfile it states 'Description of the forecast rollup. Label is Description.'

I made a report using the Role column and it just shows the value of the field Name and not the value I enter in rollUpDescription. I ask this because I would like to use this field for some textvalues specific to each Role we have in our hierarchy. Since it is the only field where I can store a string value this seems a good place to put these values to save us from having to make a list with the values specific for each role and get a trigger to get that data when we need it.

Are there any downsides to storing my data in that field or does anyone know where it pops up?

Thx!

• August 11, 2011

Hi,

In our organisation we have the following set up. If a Case is made we link an Account to that Case. This Account is the person or organisation to that the Case is about. In the contact area we add the person that was actually on the phone about the Case. This person can be from the organisation or person that is specified in the Account field but also another 3rd party that is calling on behalf of the account specified.

Here is the problem we have. We have several formula fields that show the email and phone details of both the Account and the Contact connected to the Case (for reporting purposes). However, when a Person Account is linked to the Case as Account I can't seem to display the Email field on the Case. Even with formula fields on the Contact or Account (I figured I'd try that as Person Account is an aggregation of both those tables) objects I can't select this value in a formula editor.

Is there any way to get to this email address displayed without apex?

And why isn't the field PersonEmail available?

Hi,

I have created a trigger on he EmailMessage object that checks the address an Email was sent to and uses that Address to match it with the Users in Salesforce that have their own personal address (a custom field) entered. When a match is found it will change the ownership of the Case that was created by Email2Case to that particular person.

The case is created, assignment rules change ownership to a queue. Then my after trigger changes ownership again to the correct person.

Now here is the strange part. After this Salesforce changes ownership of the Case to the Standard Case owner User that is specified under Case support settings if Salesforce was unable to assign a case.

Does anyone know why this happens? Why does this rule apply? If i look at a case history it first has an owner from the assignment rules, then an owner from my trigger and still Salesforce seems to think it was unable to assign an owner to the case and changes it back to the default setting..

Hi,

I'm currently trying to calculate the time between an incoming email for a Case and the time the Caseowner responds to this email. When a user answers an email the EmailMessage trigger I wrote fires like it should. Problem is the trigger doesn't fire when an email comes in.

Another problem I have is that the triggers you write for a Case only fire when you actually change something on a Case or create a Case by hand. They don't fire when a Case is created by Email-to-Case. This seems to be a similar problem.

To solve this I tried writing a InboundEmailService class. This seems to work. Problem here is that it generates some email address it listens to. If I'm going to use this I want this service listening to the same incoming address as my email-to-case settings but I have not been able to get this to work as this email to Case also adds a new address.

Any suggestions on how I could solve these problems?

• March 28, 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm currently helping a team manage their users in salesforce. I have to upload about 100-200 users each week so I'm using the dataloader. The problem I'm experiencing is the following:

I am able to set any parameter on a user except the tickbox that generates a new password for the user and sends it to him. This column does not show up on a user when I export every column available for users with the dataloader. IsActive doesn't result in the generation of the password either, it only makes the users active.

Any suggestions?

• March 16, 2011

Hi,

I have created a trigger on he EmailMessage object that checks the address an Email was sent to and uses that Address to match it with the Users in Salesforce that have their own personal address (a custom field) entered. When a match is found it will change the ownership of the Case that was created by Email2Case to that particular person.

The case is created, assignment rules change ownership to a queue. Then my after trigger changes ownership again to the correct person.

Now here is the strange part. After this Salesforce changes ownership of the Case to the Standard Case owner User that is specified under Case support settings if Salesforce was unable to assign a case.

Does anyone know why this happens? Why does this rule apply? If i look at a case history it first has an owner from the assignment rules, then an owner from my trigger and still Salesforce seems to think it was unable to assign an owner to the case and changes it back to the default setting..

Hi everyone,

I'm currently helping a team manage their users in salesforce. I have to upload about 100-200 users each week so I'm using the dataloader. The problem I'm experiencing is the following:

I am able to set any parameter on a user except the tickbox that generates a new password for the user and sends it to him. This column does not show up on a user when I export every column available for users with the dataloader. IsActive doesn't result in the generation of the password either, it only makes the users active.

Any suggestions?

• March 16, 2011