• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hey guys-

I could really use some help with a field that I'm making.  I'm trying to make a field that calculates the current renewal date for a contract.  We have a custom picklist field called-

Auto_Renewal__c

(the three values are "Yes", "Written Noticed Required", and "No")

That I would like to base the field off of.  Essentially I would like to have it so that if the Auto Renewal field has a value of "Yes" or "Written Notice Required", that the contract renewal date would be equal to the end date of the contract (to start), and then it would update the renewal date if the contract is still activated and it's past that point.  Really I just want to make sure that the field continues to update itself based off of the most current renewal date, and contract term.

If the contract doesn't auto renew I'd like to set the value to null.

Help would be greatly appreciated!  If you need me to clarify anything please let me know.

• April 14, 2011

Hey guys-

This is probably a simple solution but I couldn't find the code anywhere (checked the salesforce cookbook and code share).  I'd like to make a button that is displayed on the Contract layout that when clicked changes the status to "Expired".

This would essentially be the same thing as the standard Activate button, only it expires contracts instead.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks guys!

• April 04, 2011

Hey guys-

I'm totally new to APEX so I could really use some help.  I'm sure what I'm asking for is pretty simple but I'm not quite sure how I can set it up.

Essentially I would like to create a Custom List Button that allows Sales Reps to request a proposal.  They currently request a proposal like a standard task.

I would like to set it up so that when the button is clicked, it automatically populates a few fields with certain info (the activity record type ID to request a proposal is "012A0000000wuXF" :

Assigned To  - this field would be prepopulated with the users name who is responsible for putting proposals together.  This will always be the same person.

Type - this would populate with the picklist value , "Proposal Request"

Subject -  this would populate with the following naming convention - ACCOUNT NAME - DATE - Proposal Request

Related To  - this wouldn't change, it would be related to whatever object record the request was created in

Send Notification Email -  this would automatically be checked as TRUE

The rest of the fields would have to be filled out by the sales rep, but this would save them alot of time and would also ensure that all of the critical steps are performed (our reporting depends on it).  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• March 31, 2011

Hey guys-

I just pulled a formula from Salesforce's "Useful Validation Formulas" .pdf but I'm having some trouble.

I'm currently writing a validation rule that would require Sales Reps and Account Managers to click a button called "Request Close" before they can set an opportunity as Closed Won.  When they click the button, it would send out an email to myself and an additional sales manager to verify that the proper documents are attached to the opportunity.  We would than mark the opportunity as Approved and it would close.

Here's essentially what I would like to set up:

A custom button on opportunities that would send to a specific email address (the email template id is 00XA0000001Nlp7) of a manager.

I found this code but it relates to cases, not opportunities:

location.replace('/email/author/emailauthor.jsp?retURL=/{!Case.Id}&p3_lkid={!Case.Id}&rtype=003&p2_lkid={!Case.ContactId}&template_id=<yourtemplate here>&p5=&save=1');

However here is where it gets alittle complicated.  We have two offices, one in Arizona and one in New York.  We only need this rule setup for the NY office- the Arizona office uses a different process. Here is the formula so far:

ISPICKVAL(StageName , "Closed Won"),

NOT ( ISPICKVAL ( Approval_Status_C , "Approved")

What would be the best way of differentiating between the two different offices?  The roles are the same across the company, so I'm not sure how I can specify this.  Any input is GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks guys.

• March 25, 2011

Hey guys-

I'm trying to set up a workflow that would prevent a Sales rep from marking a deal as "Closed Won" (100%) if a manager didn't approve (the managers would have to get an email notification to approve the deal).  I'm trying to figure out the best way to set this up.  Any feedback would be really really appreciated. 

Thanks!

• March 14, 2011

I have fields that add up the number of days. I want the formula to pick the mininum number out of the Days it has counted. What it is doing is if the number of days is zero it chooses that as its min. How do I get it to ignore zero?

Example:

NoDaysOne = 0

NoDaysTwo = 52

NoDaysThree = 60

Out of these three number of Days I want to return 52 (the real min)  not 0.

Current formula:

Min( NoDaysOne__c , NoDaysTwo__c , NoDaysThre__c)

Any ideas?

• May 13, 2011

Hey guys-

I could really use some help with a field that I'm making.  I'm trying to make a field that calculates the current renewal date for a contract.  We have a custom picklist field called-

Auto_Renewal__c

(the three values are "Yes", "Written Noticed Required", and "No")

That I would like to base the field off of.  Essentially I would like to have it so that if the Auto Renewal field has a value of "Yes" or "Written Notice Required", that the contract renewal date would be equal to the end date of the contract (to start), and then it would update the renewal date if the contract is still activated and it's past that point.  Really I just want to make sure that the field continues to update itself based off of the most current renewal date, and contract term.

If the contract doesn't auto renew I'd like to set the value to null.

Help would be greatly appreciated!  If you need me to clarify anything please let me know.

• April 14, 2011

Hey guys-

I'm totally new to APEX so I could really use some help.  I'm sure what I'm asking for is pretty simple but I'm not quite sure how I can set it up.

Essentially I would like to create a Custom List Button that allows Sales Reps to request a proposal.  They currently request a proposal like a standard task.

I would like to set it up so that when the button is clicked, it automatically populates a few fields with certain info (the activity record type ID to request a proposal is "012A0000000wuXF" :

Assigned To  - this field would be prepopulated with the users name who is responsible for putting proposals together.  This will always be the same person.

Type - this would populate with the picklist value , "Proposal Request"

Subject -  this would populate with the following naming convention - ACCOUNT NAME - DATE - Proposal Request

Related To  - this wouldn't change, it would be related to whatever object record the request was created in

Send Notification Email -  this would automatically be checked as TRUE

The rest of the fields would have to be filled out by the sales rep, but this would save them alot of time and would also ensure that all of the critical steps are performed (our reporting depends on it).  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• March 31, 2011