• Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to create a report on 4 objects (using Veeva, if anyone is familiar):

1. Accounts
  2. Address
  3. Territory Fields
  4. Calls

The relationships between each of them is as follows:

1. Account (Parent) <=> Calls (Child)
  2. Accounts (Master) <=> Address (Detail)
  3. Account (Master) <=> Territory Fields (Detail)

From the Account object, I need to pull:

1. Primary Parent (Lookup --> Account)
  2. Territory
  3. Specialty

On the Territory Fields object, there are three fields that I need to have on the report:

1. My Target (Checkbox)
  2. Call Frequency (Number)
  3. Segmentation

On the Address object, we need to pull:

1. Primary Address

From the Call object, I need to pull the number of Calls that have been made against an Account during the specified time period, including the Accounts that have had no Calls against them.

The report would need to show all of the fields and details outlined above in a Summary format. I haven't had any luck creating this using Custom Record Types, since the links aren't there, and using the new Joined Format report isn't exactly the most intuitive.

Can any of you provide guidance on this as to how it can be accomplished? Ideally, there wouldn't be any need for APEX. 

Appreciate all and any of your help with this!

Cheers

Hello,

I am currently building out a custom mobile application (with Kony) that connects to Salesforce.com. My question is, what are my options for data conflict resolution when a user syncs his mobile device to Salesforce (the mobile application will be offline)? Is there anything that's OOTB, i.e. the Salesforce Conflict Resolution Tool? Or will a custom conflict resolution solution be needed (I'm assuming that this would need to be built on Salesforce.com rather than the mobile application)?

Appreciate any input on this!

Thanks!

Hi All,

Would anyone know how to customize the "Additional To", "CC", and "BCC" lookup fields on the "Send an Email" Task page? I want these lookup fields to only show users with a specific profile. This configuration needs to be different for each profile.

Is this something that can be done through configuration? If not, what kind of customization would be needed?

Appreciate all of your help!

Hello,

Can someone explain to me what architectures non-native apps like BigMachines or Veeva operate on (their own? a third parties'?)? How they work? And how they integrate with Salesforce.com (how is the data shared between both infrastructures)?

I'm trying to understand why those non-native apps do not use the Salesforce.com infrastructure, and choose to use their own. Wouldn't this cause additional concern over performance and security as data is now located on two separate servers?

Thanks

Hello,

I was wondering how I can design a territory management structure in SFDC which drives visibility in the system to accommodate the needs of the users, for Accounts, Contact, Opportunities, Activities and other custom and standard objects in SFDC?

As I understand, territory management only affects standard objects with a master-detail relationship to the Accounts object (i.e. contacts, opportunities, and cases), so I'm curious how I can create a structure that includes other standard and custom objects.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello,

I'm looking at building an order management platform, much like the functionality found in Big Machines integrated with SFDC. Some of the features I like the most are automatically applied discounts based on user history, purchase volume, etc., automatic price adjustment based on manually inputted discounts, and the quoting functionality of Big Machines.

Basically what I'm asking is: What Big Machines functionality can be built in Salesforce? What's the best approach to building these functionalities? And what Big Machines functionalities cannot be built in Salesforce.com?

Thanks

Hello,

My VF page isn't displaying the data that I expect it to. Here is the code for what I want to see on screen:

<apex:panelGrid id="pgridres" rendered="{!NOT(caseinpt) }">
                        <center>
                            A Case has been submitted successfully - Use Case Number {!Casedata.CaseNumber}
                            for your future reference...
                        </center>
                    </apex:panelGrid>     

Basically, the Case Number doesn't populate on screen, even though the case (and Case Number) are created in SFDC. This only seems to be an issue with the !Casedata.CaseNumber, because if I try to display any other field on screen (i.e. id, subject, etc.), it works.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I have a trigger that kicks off when a user drags and drops an event (Call) from one timeslot to another. This trigger updates the Date, Start Time, and End Time fields on the Call object to whatever the new timeslot is on the Calendar. However, the ActivityDate, StartDateTime, and EndDateTime on the "Event" object are all Date/Time fields. I want these fields to map to the appropriate fields on the "Call" object, but the field types are different:

• Call_Date__c: Date
  • Start_Time__c: Picklist
  • End_Time_c: Picklist

Unforutnately, I don't want to change the field types on the Call object, since I'd lose all data associated to those fields. Basically, I want the following code to work, but I need to know where and how to convert the Datetime fields on the "Event" object to strings (or whatever they need to be):

Callid  = evt.Whatid ;                 
                            cnt = [SELECT count() FROM Call__c WHERE id =: Callid  ];
                            if(cnt == 1){
                                UpdateCall = [SELECT Call_Date__c, Start_Time__c, End_Time__c FROM Call__c 
                                    WHERE id =: Callid   ];
                                UpdateCall.Call_Date__c = evt.ActivityDate;
                                UpdateCall.Start_Time__c = evt.StartDateTime;
                                UpdateCall.End_Time__c = evt.EndDateTime;  

System.debug('createCallEvent: the StartDateTime ' + 
                                    evt.StartDateTime);
                                System.debug('createCallEvent: the StartDateTime from New Map' +
                                   System.Trigger.newMap.get(evt.Id).StartDateTime + 'for id '+ evt.Id );                        
                                System.debug('createCallEvent: the StartDateTime from Old Map' +
                                   System.Trigger.oldMap.get(evt.Id).StartDateTime + 'for id '+ evt.Id );                        

UpdateCall.EventUpdate__c = true;
                                update UpdateCall; 

The picklist values for the Start_Time__c and End_Time_c fields are "08:00 AM" to "08:00 PM", with 30 minute increments. The error that I currently get when I try to compile my trigger is

Error: Compile Error: Illegal assignment from Datetime to String at line 50 column 33.

Any help will be greatly appreicated!

Thank you!

Hi Everyone,

I would like to port the following portal page, built on Force.com:

http://aeglepharmaceuticals.force.com/

What would be the best (and easier approach) to doing this in the most timely manner?

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone can help me with the errors I'm experiencing trying to deploy a package using the Force.com IDE to a trial org I have set up:

Failures:

objects/Case.object

Case.Adverse_Event : Picklist value: Twitter in picklist : Origin not found

Case.General_Request : Picklist value: Twitter in picklist : Origin not found

Case.Medical_Inquiry : Picklist value: Twitter in picklist : Origin not found

Case.Samples_Request : Picklist value: Twitter in picklist : Origin not found

Case.Product_as_per_Speciality_for_Sample_Req : Field Specialty_1_vod__c does not exist. Check spelling.

Here's the code surrounding the errors in the Case object:

<picklistValues>
            <picklist>Origin</picklist>
            <values>
                <fullName>Email</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </values>
            <values>
                <fullName>Phone</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </values>
            <values>
                <fullName>Twitter</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </values>
            <values>
                <fullName>Web</fullName>
                <default>false</default>
            </values>
        </picklistValues>

<validationRules>
        <fullName>Product_as_per_Speciality_for_Sample_Req</fullName>
        <active>false</active>
        <errorConditionFormula>AND(RecordTypeId = &apos;012A0000000lXFv&apos; ,
    AND( TEXT(Product__c) =&apos;Praxil&apos; , TEXT(Account.Specialty_1_vod__c)  &lt;&gt; &apos;Cardiovascular&apos;) ,
    AND(TEXT(Product__c) =&apos;Dilaclor&apos; ,  TEXT(Account.Specialty_1_vod__c)  &lt;&gt; &apos;Oncology&apos;),
    AND(TEXT(Product__c) =&apos;Varwiz&apos; ,  TEXT(Account.Specialty_1_vod__c)  &lt;&gt; &apos;Respiratory&apos;),
    AND(TEXT(Product__c) =&apos;Quivliax&apos; ,  TEXT(Account.Specialty_1_vod__c)  &lt;&gt; &apos;Rheumatology&apos;),
    AND(TEXT(Product__c) =&apos;Ruvizah&apos; ,  TEXT(Account.Specialty_1_vod__c)  &lt;&gt; &apos;Vaccines&apos;)
)</errorConditionFormula>
        <errorMessage>Select Product base on Specialty
If Product = Praxil, Then = Cardiovascular; If Product = Dilaclor, Then = Oncology, If Product = Varwiz, Then = Respiratory, If Product = Quivliax, Then = Rheumatology, If Product = Ruvizah, Then = Vaccines</errorMessage>
    </validationRules>

Any help would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can propose a best approach to merging three separate Salesforce instances into 1 ORG. I'm not sure if this is the right board to be posting this question, but I'd figure it'd be a good place to start.

Thanks!

Hi,

The following code throws a nullPointerException at the red highlighted line.

/**
 * An apex page controller that exposes the change password functionality
 */
public class ChangePasswordController {
    public String oldPassword {get; set;}
    public String newPassword {get; set;}
    public String verifyNewPassword {get; set;}        

public PageReference changePassword() {
        //return Site.changePassword(newPassword, verifyNewPassword, oldpassword); 
        Site.changePassword(newPassword, verifyNewPassword, oldpassword);    
        return new PageReference(Site.getOriginalUrl());     }     

public ChangePasswordController() {}

public static testMethod void testChangePasswordController() {
        // Instantiate a new controller with all parameters in the page
        ChangePasswordController controller = new ChangePasswordController();
        controller.oldPassword = '123456';
        controller.newPassword = 'qwerty1'; 
        controller.verifyNewPassword = 'qwerty1';                

System.assertEquals(controller.changePassword(),null);                        
    }    
}

As it is, the code coverage is at 100% (with the error)... I tried fixing the error by checking the "oldPassword", "newPassword", and "verifyNewPassword" individually, but then the code coverage drops to 57% (the blue highlighted section doesn't get checked). This is not ideal... Can anyone give me some guidance as to how I can fix the error and keep the code coverage at 100%?

Thanks

Hello,

Can someone help me with the folowing error:

"Package Upload Error: There are problems that prevent this package from being uploaded."

Component Type:
Apex Class

Problem:
System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject
Class.MyProfilePageContorller.testSave: Line 78, column 35
External entry point:

Here's the code where the error occurs:
static testMethod void testSave() {         
        // Modify the test to query for a portal user that exists in your org
        User existingPortalUser = [SELECT id, profileId, userRoleId FROM User WHERE UserRoleId <> null AND UserType='CustomerSuccess' LIMIT 1];
        System.assert(existingPortalUser != null, 'This test depends on an existing test portal user to run');

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks!

Hi All,

Would anyone know how to customize the "Additional To", "CC", and "BCC" lookup fields on the "Send an Email" Task page? I want these lookup fields to only show users with a specific profile. This configuration needs to be different for each profile.

Is this something that can be done through configuration? If not, what kind of customization would be needed?

Appreciate all of your help!

Hi Everyone,

I would like to port the following portal page, built on Force.com:

http://aeglepharmaceuticals.force.com/

What would be the best (and easier approach) to doing this in the most timely manner?

Thanks

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can propose a best approach to merging three separate Salesforce instances into 1 ORG. I'm not sure if this is the right board to be posting this question, but I'd figure it'd be a good place to start.

Thanks!

Hi,

The following code throws a nullPointerException at the red highlighted line.

/**
 * An apex page controller that exposes the change password functionality
 */
public class ChangePasswordController {
    public String oldPassword {get; set;}
    public String newPassword {get; set;}
    public String verifyNewPassword {get; set;}        

public PageReference changePassword() {
        //return Site.changePassword(newPassword, verifyNewPassword, oldpassword); 
        Site.changePassword(newPassword, verifyNewPassword, oldpassword);    
        return new PageReference(Site.getOriginalUrl());     }     

public ChangePasswordController() {}

public static testMethod void testChangePasswordController() {
        // Instantiate a new controller with all parameters in the page
        ChangePasswordController controller = new ChangePasswordController();
        controller.oldPassword = '123456';
        controller.newPassword = 'qwerty1'; 
        controller.verifyNewPassword = 'qwerty1';                

System.assertEquals(controller.changePassword(),null);                        
    }    
}

As it is, the code coverage is at 100% (with the error)... I tried fixing the error by checking the "oldPassword", "newPassword", and "verifyNewPassword" individually, but then the code coverage drops to 57% (the blue highlighted section doesn't get checked). This is not ideal... Can anyone give me some guidance as to how I can fix the error and keep the code coverage at 100%?

Thanks

Hello,

Can someone help me with the folowing error:

"Package Upload Error: There are problems that prevent this package from being uploaded."

Component Type:
Apex Class

Problem:
System.QueryException: List has no rows for assignment to SObject
Class.MyProfilePageContorller.testSave: Line 78, column 35
External entry point:

Here's the code where the error occurs:
static testMethod void testSave() {         
        // Modify the test to query for a portal user that exists in your org
        User existingPortalUser = [SELECT id, profileId, userRoleId FROM User WHERE UserRoleId <> null AND UserType='CustomerSuccess' LIMIT 1];
        System.assert(existingPortalUser != null, 'This test depends on an existing test portal user to run');

Any help is appreciated...

Thanks!