• 25 Points
  • Member since 2011

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Not sure if I'm just missing the link entirely, but am not finding any information on how to configure Cirrus Elements.  I'm trying to set up a round robin assignment based on territory and lead type and from the description, looks like Cirrus Elements might work but can't find how to implement once it's installed. 

Thanks for your feedback!

JoAnn

I'm getting a strange error when trying to save/compile some code.

I have the following static method defined:

public class Util {
public static Boolean isSamePage(PageReference p1, PageReference p2) { String p1_url = p1.getUrl(); String p2_url = p2.getUrl(); System.debug(System.LoggingLevel.INFO, '\n**** p1 [1]: '+p1_url+'\n**** p2 [1]: '+p2_url); // trim args off if (p1_url.indexOf('?') != -1) p1_url = p1_url.substring(0, p1_url.indexOf('?')); if (p2_url.indexOf('?') != -1) p2_url = p2_url.substring(0, p2_url.indexOf('?')); System.debug(System.LoggingLevel.INFO, '\n**** p1 [2]: '+p1_url+'\n**** p2 [2]: '+p2_url); if (p1_url == p2_url) return true; return false; }
}

And I'm getting the "Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: String" compile-time error on the following line in my VF page controller extension:

public TemplateExt(ApexPages.StandardController c) {
	this.page = (Util.isSamePage(ApexPages.currentPage(), Page.SelectTemplate) ? 'select' : 'edit'); // <<<< ERROR HERE

// ...
}

Also, if I comment out the above line, I'm getting the same error on lines like:

PageReference p = Page.SelectTemplate;

help?

How can I use ONE Visualforce page to override both VIEW and EDIT actions on a custom object?

I have a page written that will display an inputField in edit mode, and an outputField component in view mode -- but I can't find a way to determine if I'm in edit mode when the page is hit as a result of the edit action redirect. I've checked HTTP headers, hoping to find something like "/e?..." but there's nothing I can see that would be useful.

Not sure if I'm just missing the link entirely, but am not finding any information on how to configure Cirrus Elements.  I'm trying to set up a round robin assignment based on territory and lead type and from the description, looks like Cirrus Elements might work but can't find how to implement once it's installed. 

Thanks for your feedback!

JoAnn

I'm getting a strange error when trying to save/compile some code.

I have the following static method defined:

public class Util {
public static Boolean isSamePage(PageReference p1, PageReference p2) { String p1_url = p1.getUrl(); String p2_url = p2.getUrl(); System.debug(System.LoggingLevel.INFO, '\n**** p1 [1]: '+p1_url+'\n**** p2 [1]: '+p2_url); // trim args off if (p1_url.indexOf('?') != -1) p1_url = p1_url.substring(0, p1_url.indexOf('?')); if (p2_url.indexOf('?') != -1) p2_url = p2_url.substring(0, p2_url.indexOf('?')); System.debug(System.LoggingLevel.INFO, '\n**** p1 [2]: '+p1_url+'\n**** p2 [2]: '+p2_url); if (p1_url == p2_url) return true; return false; }
}

And I'm getting the "Initial term of field expression must be a concrete SObject: String" compile-time error on the following line in my VF page controller extension:

public TemplateExt(ApexPages.StandardController c) {
	this.page = (Util.isSamePage(ApexPages.currentPage(), Page.SelectTemplate) ? 'select' : 'edit'); // <<<< ERROR HERE

// ...
}

Also, if I comment out the above line, I'm getting the same error on lines like:

PageReference p = Page.SelectTemplate;

help?

How can I use ONE Visualforce page to override both VIEW and EDIT actions on a custom object?

I have a page written that will display an inputField in edit mode, and an outputField component in view mode -- but I can't find a way to determine if I'm in edit mode when the page is hit as a result of the edit action redirect. I've checked HTTP headers, hoping to find something like "/e?..." but there's nothing I can see that would be useful.

Sometimes API vendors don't support REST and eveyone knows the WSDL-2-Apex parser is great...when it works...which is rarely. So sometimes you have to build a good old fashion XML request from scratch. I have been wondering what is the best way to do this and I'm curious what others think. Below are some options.

Let's say we need to construct this simple XML request. To make it a little tricker there is an optional element.

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:sch="http://www.myservice.com/services/MyService/">
   <soapenv:Header>
      <sch:API-KEY>awefa34r32asd</sch:API-KEY>
   </soapenv:Header>
   <soapenv:Body>
      <sch:FindCompanyByKeywordRequest>
         <sch:maxRecords>20</sch:maxRecords>
         <sch:keyword>united airlines</sch:keyword>
         <sch:state>MI</sch:state> <!-- optional -->
      </sch:FindCompanyByKeywordRequest>
   </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

One way to do this is with strings. Something like this:

String API_KEY = 'awefa34r32asd'; /*yes, this should probably be stored in custom setting but it's here to keep demo simple*/
String maxRecordsValue = '20';
String keywordValue = 'united airlines';
String stateValue = 'MI';

String req = '';
req += '<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:sch="http://www.myservice.com/services/MyService/">';
req +=   '<soapenv:Header>';
req +=      '<sch:API-KEY>'+API_KEY+'</sch:API-KEY>';
req +=   '</soapenv:Header>';
req +=   '<soapenv:Body>';
req +=      '<sch:FindCompanyByKeywordRequest>';
req +=         '<sch:maxRecords>'+maxRecordsValue+'</sch:maxRecords>';
req +=         '<sch:keyword>'+keywordValue+'</sch:keyword>';
if(stateValue != null){
req +=         '<sch:state>'+stateValue+'</sch:state>';
}
req +=      '</sch:FindCompanyByKeywordRequest>';
req +=   '</soapenv:Body>';
req += '</soapenv:Envelope>';

Some thoughts. It doesn't seem very elegant and feels bloated but at the same time it is super simple. You can clearly see and understand the XML so it is also sort of self documenting.

Another option is using the DOM classes and this is what it would look like:

String API_KEY = 'awefa34r32asd';
String maxRecordsValue = '20';
String keywordValue = 'united airlines';
String stateValue = 'MI';

String soapNS = 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/';
String sch = 'http://www.myservice.com/services/MyService/';

DOM.Document doc = new DOM.Document();
dom.XmlNode envelope = doc.createRootElement('Envelope', soapNS, 'soapenv');
envelope.setNamespace('sch', sch);

//Header
dom.XmlNode header = envelope.addChildElement('Header', soapNS, null);
dom.XmlNode apikey = header.addChildElement('API-KEY', sch, null).addTextNode(API_KEY);

//Body
dom.XmlNode body = envelope.addChildElement('Body', soapNS, null);
dom.XmlNode findCompanyByKeywordRequest = body.addChildElement('FindCompanyByKeywordRequest',sch,null);
dom.XmlNode maxRecords = findCompanyByKeywordRequest.addChildElement('maxRecords', sch, null).addTextNode(maxRecordsValue);
dom.XmlNode keyword = findCompanyByKeywordRequest.addChildElement('keyword', sch, null).addTextNode(keywordValue);
if(stateValue != null){
    dom.XmlNode state = findCompanyByKeywordRequest.addChildElement('state', sch, null).addTextNode(stateValue);
}

String req = doc.toXmlString();

If feels more structured but at the same time it feels like more work. I've parsed an XML response with the DOM class but have never created an XML object so there was a bit of guess and check to get every working but it wasn't too bad once I got it all figured out.

Now I know it's not always the best idea to judge level of effort required based on the number of lines of code and characters but the DOM method is more verbose. I'm guessing some will scoff at the string approach but it was fast to implement, is easy to understand, and is self documenting.

I'm curious what other people think about these two and any other approaches to constructing an XML document?

Thanks
-Jason

• March 17, 2011